Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We dont know how many ancients there are .If there is 6 billion humans on this planet well if the ancients had travelled throughtout the local group wouldnt their be 100s of billions of them.
    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Oh, dang! lol, this sounds REALLY cool, but I don't want to read to much because I haven't seen any of season nine, I live up here in nowhere land, and we don't have season nine yet.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well, I think tonights eps did sufficiently awnser all the questions this thread was posing regarding planet sized Stargate.
        Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
        "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
        "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
        ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
        McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
        "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Yeah, I figured they'd save it for the Season Finale or at least the Mid Season Break... it's a very big thing! LITERALLY! lol
          Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

I do not think I found anything about a giant Stargate appearing in "Beachhead" at Gateworld...but the episode was fascinating. Vala was very clever and hopefully alright in the Ori galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
              I also read something about a Stargate the size of a planet.

But I will say this, after seeing tonights episode of SG-1 I am convinced of a few things.

That the Orii can do ANYTHING they want, when they want. Even putting a stargate the size of a planet anywhere they want.

That the Orii are convinced they are 'gods" and that the Ancients from our Galaxy are evil.
              This SHOULD prove interesting as this story line unfolds.
              ok the oreos are pretty much as smart as the ancients so if the ancients could do it they could do it
              My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Pal
                Well, I think tonights eps did sufficiently awnser all the questions this thread was posing regarding planet sized Stargate.
                Oh I want to see season nine so badly now!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Pal
                  You're right about the exit gate being the same size of the entrance gate.

Otherwise, if the gates were able to scale the matter at the exit gate- A dog would be able to eat the invasion force.
                  Actually thats not true, in one episode, the Gate that the ascended being Orin built in Sam's basement was not that large (he had to jump through it like dolphin through a ring), and the recieving gate was regular sized.

And I know Jack was being cynical to the Tollan but maybe he was right and "Our Gate's bigger..."
                  "You get Two Hippies playing Drums on a lawn, the next thing you got is a College!" - Eric Cartman

"Nice!" - Jack
                  "Well the Ancients like to fly in style..." - Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg
                    And I know Jack was being cynical to the Tollan but maybe he was right and "Our Gate's bigger..."
                    In that Ep, it looked like the event horizon was exactly the same size as on a regular gate, but that the ring around the EH was just thinner. Who knows?
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg
                      Actually thats not true, in one episode, the Gate that the ascended being Orin built in Sam's basement was not that large (he had to jump through it like dolphin through a ring), and the recieving gate was regular sized.

Yes, Orins gate was significantly smaller.

However by "Our gate is bigger" I think Jack was reffering to the width of the naquadah, or whatever material the Tollans used, as their gate was thinner.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                      X