Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, ya, that would work, especially seeing as a tank is far smaller than Atlantis.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
      A few dive attacks by a dart will destroy it
      "It" is a tank? Not a chance. If it's even possible Dart weaponry is inferior to Galider cannons.
      Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Oh I was assuming that nimitz was saying that the darts could fly straight at it from orbit reaching maximum velocity, then hit it. No, I doubt dart weapons would be able to actually do significant damage to a tank.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Your amunition would not be unlimited, the energy would still run out.

Owen Macri
          While that is true, there have been displays of a self recharging cell that has been used in shows like Startrek (don't ask for series and episode). And I think any advanced civilization that has directed energy, pulse energy weapons would integrate some sort of recharging hardware so it doesn't run out of energy. And what that would be? Who knows, but at our level we have solar cells (I know it is low yield) but we also have technology that generated energy by the motion of the earth and the movement of the person it was on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
            "It" is a tank? Not a chance. If it's even possible Dart weaponry is inferior to Galider cannons.
            that may be true but for all we know they could be more powerful. U know the episod of atliantis when the wraith dart scans the city how does the puddle jumper get destroed in that.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
            O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Well, unless the weapons used a renuable source of energy, or something like solar power, then it would not be able to recharge forever, energy would eventually run out. For example, you can recharge a battery, but you put energy into it from a wall socket, which comes from a power plant, which generates energy using another source, if it is nuclear, eventually we will run out of usable plutonium, etc. if it is solar, eventually, the Sun will die. If they use wind or water, then they will not run forever, but can run longer than other power plants because the energy is reuseable. But the energy must come from somewhere. Nevermind I completley forgot where I was going with this, lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
              X