Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapons of Mass Desruction (and Mutually Assured Destruction)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, they could use the black hole in the Milky Way, we assumed that the stars energy would provide the gate with enough power to make an eight chevron lock.

Owen Macri

Comment

thats asumeing that it would get enough energy before it burn't up

Comment

We know that naquadah is a strong material and the Stargate uses all energy that is recieved in any form electrical, heat or otherwise.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          No, they could use the black hole in the Milky Way, we assumed that the stars energy would provide the gate with enough power to make an eight chevron lock.

Owen Macri
          I had not considered using the blackhole trick in the pegasus galaxy with a blackhole in the milky way galaxy. Upon analysis it would be relativly straight forward.

-It is already possible to establish a wormhole, however brief, between Pegasus and the Milky Way using earth technology.

-When earth first encountered the wormhole, they found that it was providing the power to maintain the wormhole.

Thus, all that would need to be done would be to establish the wormhole, and let the blackhole provide the power to maintain the connection.

How about it? Lure the entire Wraith fleet into a single system, blow the star, destroying their fleet as Apophis's. You could even use a hyperspace capable Atlantis as bait, having it jump just at the right time. If they timed it really close who knows where the city could end up!
          Last edited by LiquidBlue; 27 July 2005, 06:51 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

for one the goauld would never use the blackhole-stargate combo because they might get jaffa and theirselves killed. the poison trick would kill to many potentail slaves. and three i don't know about. four could destroy many vital resources. so to do any of those could be a great risk to any goauld.
            I LOVE AGE OF EMPIRES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
              I had not considered using the blackhole trick in the pegasus galaxy with a blackhole in the milky way galaxy. Upon analysis it would be relativly straight forward.

-It is already possible to establish a wormhole, however brief, between Pegasus and the Milky Way using earth technology.

-When earth first encountered the wormhole, they found that it was providing the power to maintain the wormhole.

Thus, all that would need to be done would be to establish the wormhole, and let the blackhole provide the power to maintain the connection.

How about it? Lure the entire Wraith fleet into a single system, blow the star, destroying their fleet as Apophis's. You could even use a hyperspace capable Atlantis as bait, having it jump just at the right time. If they timed it really close who knows where the city could end up!
              That is a good idea, I didn't even consider the fact that the black whole could provide power. However, I believe they used leftover power from a ZPM to dial Earth, but I can't exactly remember.

Owen Macri

Comment

Of course here is what would happen.

Jaffa 1: Kel no shel rok tel ma...

Jaffa 2: Nek ta te, shel rok tem mok!

Jafa 1: rolta...

Jaffa 2: AAAAAHHHHHHH!

loosley translated this was thier conversation.

Jaffa 1: Hey I dare you to jump into that Stargate...

Jaffa 2: No, are you crazy I will be sucked up by the black hole!

Jaffa 1: Coward...

well you know the rest.

lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

your a bit warped aren't you

maybey they will blow up the wraith that way an geta tlanntis flung to an even further corner of the universe. An then they've got another spin off series

Comment

Originally posted by Loaf
                    Hmmm....

That is a very interesting point. Has anyone else noted that the humans of earth have been the ones that end up employing the largest and most destructive weapons.

I am thinking about the nova that destroyed Apophis's fleet, and the poison attacks on an unknown number of worlds. I am thinking about Dakara. I am thinking about the information we gave to the Aschen.

What does that say about us the viewers? We respond well when our heros finally gain a bigger weapon and really give it to their enemies? We speak of peace, and imagine a better world, but our entertainment heros end up doing greater violence than their enemies.

Isn't this behavior, this response, similar to events in this world. For example, have not some people people moved beyond the point were they view the United States as a major power that may or may not pursue a policy that they disagree with, to viewing it as nearly evil incarnate bent on destroying that which is most sacred. Do they not also cheer when their heros are finally able give back to their enemies? The more devestating and spectacularly the better?

Back to stargate,

Who spoke up when it was proposed that the Aschen be given the address to the blackhole planet? Who spoke for those individuals that might be innocent residents of the planet that Aschen may have used to dial that planet?

Who spoke up when the nova was proposed to destroy apophis's fleet? Who spoke for the countless Jaffa that would be killed in one blast? Who spoke for the system, the countless indigenous lifeforms that could be found on the Tok'ra planet, and would forever become extinct? Who spoke up for the immediate systems and their possible worlds that worlds that would be seriously affected by the increased radiation from the blast?

What about the seriously destablizing weapon systems that have been developed and deployed in secret?

Comment

the ashen are just evil if any of them serve or condone a regime that wipes out millions just for the sake of food. And if any of the jaffa on those ships served than they werew as guilty as apophis himself.

The entire system that was blown up was baren very little if nothing lived there an you could also argue that killing apophis saved more lives than if he had continued to live

Comment

maybey they will blow up the wraith that way an geta tlanntis flung to an even further corner of the universe. An then they've got another spin off series
                        Lol, amazing I posted that at like two o'clock in the morning, I don't know for some reason last night I was feeling really, I don't know, warped might be good word, maybe excited, wierd.

Owen Macri

Comment

maybey you were suffering from a stimulant overdose

Comment

Lol, thats just a nice way of saying maybe you were high! No, I wasn't high, well maybe but if I was I was high on life, AND NOTHING MORE...

Owen Macri

Comment

sure you didn't drink to much coffee

Comment

sure you didn't drink to much coffee
                                black with lots of sugar if thats the case
                                JUst wondering was the sheild used when it was done in the milky way in oder to give the gate enought time to get to the sun and distablise it or to stop the black hole destroying the Hatak any way ud need a sheild to do this and if the sheild is needed to keep the gate from disintagrating or exploding i don't think it would be able to draw enough power to establish the worm hole to the MW due to the sheilds interferance.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                                O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Working...
                                X