Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As well as that, earth would have been destroyed a long time ago by that asteroid, that SG-1 managed to drag 'through' earth in hyperspace. I wonder how much the gravity of the asteroid stuffed up the tides and orbit (considering the core was made up of naquada)

Comment

Originally posted by ~Thor~
      As well as that, earth would have been destroyed a long time ago by that asteroid, that SG-1 managed to drag 'through' earth in hyperspace. I wonder how much the gravity of the asteroid stuffed up the tides and orbit (considering the core was made up of naquada)
      No, you see, in my idea, you would be partly in and partly out of hyperspace, but not physically out, so you would not be able to interact with matter in out of hyperspace.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
        Thats fine, and I know you are going with what you know, but the interesting thing, All Science is, is a best Guess and it isn't wise to make a comment that sounds like the hardcore truth, cause then you are narrowing any other possability. I have seen it all too often in my Field of work, and it is annoying as hell.
        Ok, I will try not to.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Yes, as far as we have theorized.
          Who has theorised?
          You see, hyperspace is smaller than regular space, but it is stretched to reach the same size, everything that enters it will be stratched, so you can travel a shorter distance, because the space is smaller, yet travel what would be a farther distance in regular space because hyper space is stretched.
          The most basic principles of relativity completely fly in the face of what you've just said. Any object occupying a warped region of spacetime is itself also warped, thus it cannot sense any distortions, nor benefit from the variations in the topology of spacetime.
          The deeper you go into hyperspace the smaller it gets. Each layer becomes progressivly smaller and stretched farther, so you can travel from point A to point B faster than in regular space. Eventually you get to the smallest layer of Hyperspace, which actually has a diffrent name, subspace, in subspace it is so small that you occupy everypoint at the same time, you take up all of subspace, subspace is stretched an incredible amount so you can enter subspace, turn around and exit, and you could exit on the other side of the universe, you just need a way to choose an exit point. I will draw up a picture for you.
          Does any of that have any basis in any modern science, or... did you just make it all up?
          Originally posted by jaden10
          Your talking about 2 things,

Hyper space and subspace while they aren't in our plane of exsistance, are not the same in the fact that Hyperspace is phasing out of our universe, and subspace in essance is another layer either above or below our plane of exsistance.
          Plane of existence? Exactly what is one of those?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
            In hyperspace I believe you arent in the universe technically. So there is nothing there... that we know of.

As far as I know there is nothing in between galaxys, although there could be some dust or something. Nothing relevant to say though
            Any trip through hyperspace requires some hefty coordinate juggling to ensure you end up where you are going. Reading the threads discussing Hyperspace here at Gateworld, I get the consensus that hyperspace is not part of our universe, but an alternate plane used to get us from one spot to another. Your ship's navigation hardware usually governs the entire hyperspace trip, controlling the hyperdrive system to create hyperspace windows to get you into and out of hyperspace. So the navigation computer is probably responsible for plotting the entire trip through hyperspace. And you can be fairly certain that the navigation computer is designed to prevent (to the very best of it's ability) crashes and or "bad things from happening" while you're in hyperspace.

That's my two sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
              Who has theorised?
              I don't exactly know what context I was using this in, but I think it is as far as I have theorized. But I may be wrong.

The most basic principles of relativity completely fly in the face of what you've just said. Any object occupying a warped region of spacetime is itself also warped, thus it cannot sense any distortions, nor benefit from the variations in the topology of spacetime.
              Yes, I am aware of that. I was actually thinking about this recently, so perhaps some type of field is created around the ship, which will contain a region of normal space, therfore, the field itself will be shrunken, in proportion with subspace, hyperspace, or whatever layer you are in. However the space inside the field remains the same, as well as the ship, because the ship does not occupy the smaller space, the ship will occupy normal space.

This probably wouldn't work but what does it hurt to theorize?

Does any of that have any basis in any modern science, or... did you just make it all up?
              No, it is based on the Owen Macri theory of Space, Hyperspace, and Subspace.

Owen Macri

Comment

Then don't say "It has been theorised", say "I have theorised". It's very misleading. Also, if you are theorising, give us some background as to how and why you came to the conclusions you did.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Hyper space and subspace while they aren't in our plane of exsistance, are not the same in the fact that Hyperspace is phasing out of our universe, and subspace in essance is another layer either above or below our plane of exsistance.
                  Oh my god, that was the most virulent assault of pesudoscience I have experienced this year and that's taking into account the new stargate.

Subspace is an enigmatic region of space created by Gene Roddenberry, hyperspace is a collective terms that refers to the extraspatial dimensions associated with our space-time. "Plane of existence"? "Phasing out of our universe"? Incredible. This is perfect nonsense.
                  Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

I concur.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

But it has technically been theorized, by me.

Owen Macri

Comment

But it has technically been theorized, by me.

Owen Macri
                        Without meaning to sound condescending (though how to avoid it?) - but if a fourteen year old kid "theorises" something with no backup to his ideas, no mathematical work, no support from existing theorems, no real reason for any of it have any likelihood of being true... what worth is your theory?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

What does my age matter, if there is no evidence that will make it true, then a forty year old harvard graduate with a phd in every subject and who works in science would be no more credible. I really don't like it when people assume you are stupid or not credible because of your age. I am not saying you have, but brining up the fact of how long I have been on this Earth is completley irrelevant.

Owen Macri

Comment

What does my age matter, if there is no evidence that will make it true, then a forty year old harvard graduate with a phd in every subject and who works in science would be no more credible. I really don't like it when people assume you are stupid or not credible because of your age. I am not saying you have, but brining up the fact of how long I have been on this Earth is completley irrelevant.

Owen Macri
                            You're missing the point. Your age is irrelevant. I'm saying that you've "theorised" with no reason to. No evidence to suggest your theory might be right, no testing of your theory, no mathematical work or forumulae to support it, nothing... it's a complete guess. Not a theory, a guess and not even an educated guess.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Ok first of all I have completley forgotten which of my theories or not theories we are discussing. Please enlighten me.

Owen Macri

Comment

From wiki:

Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory
                                In the sciences, a theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework describing the behaviour of a certain natural or social phenomenon (thus either originating from observable facts or supported by observable facts). [...] Theories are formulated, developed and evaluated according to the scientific method.

In physics, the term theory generally is taken to mean a mathematical framework derived from a small set of basic principles capable of producing experimental predictions for a given category of physical systems.
                                The musing in question is this one:
                                Yes, as far as we have theorized. You see, hyperspace is smaller than regular space, but it is stretched to reach the same size, everything that enters it will be stratched, so you can travel a shorter distance, because the space is smaller, yet travel what would be a farther distance in regular space because hyper space is stretched. The deeper you go into hyperspace the smaller it gets. Each layer becomes progressivly smaller and stretched farther, so you can travel from point A to point B faster than in regular space. Eventually you get to the smallest layer of Hyperspace, which actually has a diffrent name, subspace, in subspace it is so small that you occupy everypoint at the same time, you take up all of subspace, subspace is stretched an incredible amount so you can enter subspace, turn around and exit, and you could exit on the other side of the universe, you just need a way to choose an exit point. I will draw up a picture for you.

Owen Macri
                                Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Working...
                                X