Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they would probably just end up accelerating them at us, lol, I didn't think about that, good job!

Owen Macri

Comment

How about this one:

1) Hide a small, hyperspace fleet somewhere in the outer system (Saturn, Jupiter, Kepler Belt)
      2) Set up a series of large, loud, rather useless missile batteries between here and Mars- not much, but just enough to keep some Goa'uld busy for a while and slow them down.
      3) When the Goa'uld attack, bring in the fleet. The batteries should last just long enough for the fleet to arrive.

As for landing parties, ask the Asgard for more of those devices on Cimmeria- the symbiote detector and Goa'Uld prison combo. Set them up in public areas and around any planetside ring arrays. If they use Asgard transporters, or land the old-fashioned way...well, I'm still working on that
      Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

That is a good idea but instead of missile bateries, you could use the base technology from the Goa'uld grenades, they could all be set off in space and at the moment that they are about to explode they are all beamed into every room of the Goa'uld ship, or the technology could be modified to work as a beam and you just scan the ship with it and it induces the same effects.

Or you could do a mass transport, everyone into space, problem solved.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Or you could do a mass transport, everyone into space, problem solved.
          Owen Macri
          Unless it was a replicater (or replicator like creature)

Comment

I've come up with a foolproof plan to defnd the Earth from whatever invasion may be launched by spaceship, whether it be Goa'uld, Acshen or Asgard.

1) They launch the Timeship (the Time-travelling Puddlejumper), which would shoot down a lone Death Glider so that the pilot can be captured.

2)The pilot is interrogated to find out the original planet of the attack.

3) The Timeship goes back in time to when the events of 'Zero Hour' occur, where the crew (presumably SG1, but you never know) steals the booby-trapped ZPM.

4) Then, the Timeship travels to the planet where the attack originated, exactly thirty minutes before the enemy fleet is set to launch into hyperspace.

5) The crew gives the ZPM to the fleet's commander and tells the commander that the ZPM can power the ship enough that it can withstand any defences that Earth can muster.

6) In the minutes before the Commander plugs in the ZPM, the crew rushes back to the Timeship, pressurises it, and sends it 100 years into the future.

7) The foolish commander, meanwhile, has plugged in the booby-trapped ZPM, which explodes and destroys the entire solar system and the enemy fleet, thereby stopping the attack on Earth before it can even start.

8) Meanwhile, 100 years in the future, the Timeship is floating around in the debris of the solar system, content in the knowledge that their efforts have destroyed the solar system and therefore the enemy fleet.

9) The Timeship travels to 1 hour before the ZPM was plugged in, cloaks, and travels through the Stargate to a deserted palnet.

10) Unable to return to Earth - on account of the fact that an alternate versions of themselves are still on Earth, along with an alternate Timeship, and going back would cause a cascading entropy...thingy - the crew paint the Timeship a dark blue and become a makeshift crew of time-and-space-travelling misfits, who go around the galaxy and help people who need help for no apparent reason (cue theme music!: dum, dum, duuuuuuum, dum, duh-duh-duuuuuuuum...)

Comment

The Timeship only works in jumps longer than a few hundred years into the past sry

Comment

i say that we steal some tollan phase shifting technology then put it on some nukes. then we send the to all gould occupied worlds.

Comment

there are no goauld occupied worlds anymore!
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Yes, another problem with using the timeship, is that whatever changes you made could drastically alter the future, which is why they don't use the time ship for every little problem they incounter, infact they shouldn't even use it for the big problems, allthough it is cool, and I am sure it will appear again.

Phase shifting nukes is a good idea, you can detonate them near the primary sections of the ships and not even have to go inside.

Owen Macri

Comment

Actually, if you really think about it, this whole question could be the subject of a long JCoS Staff Study that would probably produce a huge thick report that would have to be analysed and reanalysed. There's a lot to determine here. Manpower and organisation, logistics, force structure, procedure and objectives are the just the beginning.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

id like to see a moon base where the sgc could store a fleet of bc303s or batteries of either A.ion cannons that are modified or B. good ol missle batteries

Comment

also there could be shield generators placed around large cities that could be used if we were attacked.

Comment

We could have shields around cities, but then it might look a little strange when birds keep flying into nothing.

I think the idea of dematerialization is the best, simply use transporters to beam the ships "up" and then don't beam them "down" again. Just leave the matter as pure energy and release it into space, there goes your problem, no shields, no missle batteries, no moon bases. lol, I want all of those, especially a mon base.

If a mon base was created you would need a cloaking device and artificial gravity generators, it would be very difficult to work in that wieght.

Owen Macri

Comment

i meant with sheild generators you could activate and deactivate the sheild. only like when you were attacked would you need a sheild. and im sure the asgard could give us some help with a moon base.

Comment

The Asgard owe us big time, they practically, have to help us!

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X