This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panther
    I heard that was a problem because it was easy to bump the mag catch on the reciever.
    So I understand. A design flaw if ever there was one.

The problem with much of the equipment issued to UK troops is, it was all designed to be used in a European war against the forces of the Warsaw Pact.
    The thought of all these tiny wee desert countries becoming a threat never entered into central goventment's mind.

I do love the P90, but for a sheer classic, I've got a soft spot for the dear old Tommy gun.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
      So I understand. A design flaw if ever there was one.

The problem with much of the equipment issued to UK troops is, it was all designed to be used in a European war against the forces of the Warsaw Pact.
      The thought of all these tiny wee desert countries becoming a threat never entered into central goventment's mind.

I do love the P90, but for a sheer classic, I've got a soft spot for the dear old Tommy gun.
      Why wouldn't one love a hard-hitting solidly built gun. They don't make them like that anymore.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
        Why wouldn't one love a hard-hitting solidly built gun. They don't make them like that anymore.
        Amen to that, brother Panther.
        You hit someone with a .45 cal slug, they go down, they stay down...

Movie Trivia: The Colonial Marines pulse-rifles in Aliens were built around the tommy-gun.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

P-90 nothing else.

Comment

I am just going to take this opportunity to reiterate my point having to do with the coolness of the P90.

IT IS SUPER FREAKING COOL! lol

Owen Macri

Comment

I think that ppl underestimate the sa-80. it's a really good gun. It could do with a little re-design here and there, toughening it up, fixing the desert problems, etc, but overall it's excellent. some ppl have a problem with the saftey but i thought it was alright...

an yes, the p90 is cool, the p90 is great and we should probably retrain the british army to use the p90, but until the entire army wants to play stargate games, we can probably expect that to happen about... never. sorry owen. damn shame tho...
              "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

That's allright, I will still admire it.

Owen Macri

Comment

I was watching the movie Equillibrium the other night, for about the eighth or ninth time.
                  I love the pistols the Cleric's carry, and the funky "up the sleeve reload" bit. I know it wouldn't work IRL, but hey - it's cool...
                  sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen Equillibrium, could you find a picture or something?

Owen Macri

Comment

FN P-90
                      H&K UMP (in .45)
                      H&K G3A4
                      H&K G36k
                      GLOCK 21
                      M4
                      Barrett M82A1
                      FN Herstel M2HB
                      M1 Carbine
                      M-14 SOCOM
                      H&K PSG-1
                      Beretta 92FS/M9
                      Gau-8
                      Gau-12
                      Sig 550
                      Zat'ni'katel
                      Last edited by Temp2; 25 August 2005, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Ah another person that likes the ump.I reckon they should use that for 1st exploratrion in atlantis.
                        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                        Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                        - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                        - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri

Owen Macri
                          Beretta 93R with target weights.

UMP. A reduction of firepower? How appealing.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri

Owen Macri
                            Alas, I'm using a public computer and can't post pictures, sorry.
                            However, if you do a Google Image search, for "Grammaton Cleric" you'll see some pretty pictures of their weapons.
                            sigpic

Comment

my favourite gun is the P90 (fam mas i think its also known as although isnt that a french or russian model im not too sure) its lightweight versatile and rapid fire no wonder its used in almost every battle!
                              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

no, no, no. The FA MAS is a different weapon altogether, used by the french (and made by a french company). St-Etienne manufacture the FA MAS, Fabrique nationale, a belgian company, manufacture the FN-P90
                                "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Working...
                                X