No announcement yet.

How were Stargates made and placed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient technology appears to be quite advanced (enough to have matter compilers and nanite tech etc), but I'm still guessing that they probably placed the stargates by ship. How they were made, I'm not sure, but their intricacy implies machine or hand made, not a matter compiler.

Comment

It is a possibility, we can't discount anything until we know for sure.

Owen Macri

Comment

I think the ancients deposited stargates on worlds as they explored and populated them. This of course happened over many many years.

Gee whiz, it's only been like 60 years since the first one, and how many freaking McDonalds are there all over the world? And I'd bet that they are significanly easier to build than a stargate!
        The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

It seemed like they had already, explored, terraformed, and populated worlds when the put gates on them.

Does it not seem like they would already have explored and then someone would come up with an idea for a device that lets you travel to all of them in what seems like no time flat?

Owen Macri

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            ...to 6thMonolith and Owen Macri!! ) loooooool i have never seen a more amusing debate in a long time ) and i have to say i am on the 6thMonolith's side sorry owen, but he does have a point... actually... more points (no offence) but still, i disagree with the energy conversion into matter and bn-year old Ancients. they're not that ancient.
            Ad Astra Per Aspera

Comment

The Ancients were known as "The Gatebuilders" in the Alliance, and it appears that the Gates were distributed to places not under Ancient control.

The Asgard possess a Stargate as an alternative method of transportation, andhave been seen manipulating a lot of interesting functions that we cannot even comprehend. The Tollann and Nox both created a brand-new Stargate on Tollanna, and it would appear that the Furling knew something about the Gates too. We can assume that each race a specific technology or knowledge to the Alliance: The Asgard- Hyperdrives; The Nox- Teleportation and cloaking; and the Ancients- Stargates. All the races know of these technologies now, so we can assume that sharing knowledge (As implied by Dr. Jackson in "Tantalus") would allow similarly advaned races to build their own Stargates.

This could mean that, if we have the right knowledge of Naquada, superconductors, wormholes, and crystal processors, we (The Tau'Ri) might also be able to construct our own Stargates. Average household parts can be used to make a functional Gate, as Orlin proved. If we have the technology and materials of the Goa'Uld and the Asgard at our disposal, how hard could it be to build a simple prototype?

If we could do it, and place them with something as cheap as, maybe, an X-303 or Al'kesh and an Asgard transporter, the Ancients would have no problem.
              Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

By very advance ships, to advance for our primitive minds to understand. Except for O'neill.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakerbone
                  The Ancients were known as "The Gatebuilders" in the Alliance, and it appears that the Gates were distributed to places not under Ancient control.
                  no the Acients are known as the gatebuilder throughout the SG universe
                  We can assume that each race a specific technology or knowledge to the Alliance: The Asgard- Hyperdrives; The Nox- Teleportation and cloaking; and the Ancients- Stargates.
                  um why would we assume that? i would assume that all the races were quite capable of creating Hyperdrives, teleporters, cloaking devices, etc.
                  This could mean that, if we have the right knowledge of Naquada, superconductors, wormholes, and crystal processors, we (The Tau'Ri) might also be able to construct our own Stargates. Average household parts can be used to make a functional Gate, as Orlin proved. If we have the technology and materials of the Goa'Uld and the Asgard at our disposal, how hard could it be to build a simple prototype?
                  what is your point?

Comment

Perhaps the ancients had massive motherships "transports" Which they used to bring gates to the various planets...
                    I really hope we get to see more ancient ships bigger than the pj's

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                      Perhaps the ancients had massive motherships "transports" Which they used to bring gates to the various planets...
                      I really hope we get to see more ancient ships bigger than the pj's
                      i Believe your wish will come true in season 2. I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by swordfish
                        CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        ...to 6thMonolith and Owen Macri!! ) loooooool i have never seen a more amusing debate in a long time ) and i have to say i am on the 6thMonolith's side sorry owen, but he does have a point... actually... more points (no offence) but still, i disagree with the energy conversion into matter and bn-year old Ancients. they're not that ancient.
                        That is alright, you have your right to your oppinion. But if you disagree that the stargate converts matter into energy and then back again, than your disagreement is flawed, it has been stated in the show that this is what the Stargate does, a noteable episode is "48 Hours."

We can assume that each race a specific technology or knowledge to the Alliance: The Asgard- Hyperdrives; The Nox- Teleportation and cloaking; and the Ancients- Stargates.
                        I agree with Col. Newman here, this is something that we can not assume. The Asgard had hyperdrives, transporters, as well as countless other pieces of technology. The Nox, also possesed other technologies, their teleportation an cloaking seem a result of mental powers. The Ancients also had transportation, the stargates are basically transporters, and they also had the rings, as well, as other transporters such as the closet-like one in Atlantis. No race specifically brought in one skill or piece of technology, they all contributed their collective knowledge.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          Maybe the Ancients have really powerfull matter/energy conversion/transportation technology. AKA, they can push a couple buttons and have a gate and DHD fully programmed on the desired planet.
                          Owen Macri
                          That sounds more viable being the Asgard can transport from Galaxy to Galaxy. Proof of that is in Season 7 episode 3 Fragile Balance. When Carter, Teal'c, Jackson and the 2 O'Neil's were trying to contact Thor cause O'Neill was cloned
                          by Loki (Norse God of Mischief) and they were trying to contact Thor to fix the problem, they tried to contact him and about a minute later Thor appeared out of no where.

Now going on that assumption I figured that the Ancients were more advanced then the Asgard when the Stargates were build. Hell you would have to be overtly advanced just to make the Stargates, so I would say they beamed the gates from there home world. Where ever the hell that is. I guess we will find out this season.
                          Last edited by jaden10; 17 July 2005, 11:13 PM.

Comment

The Ancients were probably, millions, if not tens of millions of years more advanced than the Asgard.

Owen Macri

Comment

I imagined they'd be little ships that fly off in their hundreds, maybe even thousands and land on any suitable planet, build the gate and then dial home. The entire galaxy could be filled with them in only a few thousand years.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

That is a possibility, they could be fully automated as well.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X