Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it didn't cause any damage. Just put on a good fireworks show.
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

I actually haven't seen "Chain Reaction" in quite a while, so I don't remember it to well.

Owen Macri

Comment

Neither have I. I just read the Gateworld summary. They blew up a planet(almost on purpose) testing the Naquadah bomb, and radiation started pouring through the gate. Earth was saved once more by SG-1. Go figure.
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        LANDRY
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          I don't believe that the gate exploding would cause to much damage to anyone three million miles away.

Owen Macri
          Question, please. Have they ever proven that a gate can be "blown up"?

Comment

In redemption, the 'gate was definatly blown up. They're pretty tough, one survived crashing into the Atlantic from Thor's ship, but they can explode. One huge explosion.
            LANDRY
            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Yes, 6th is right. A gate has exploded before, but they are incredibly storng. Simply firing towards the Earth from orbit will not do anything. For the gate to explode it needs to overload, it has to have to much energy stored than it a can deal with, so in "Redemption" when Anubis blew up the gate, he used an ancient device that slowly fired energy particles into the Stargate itself, effectivly overloading it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Or the Naquadah in the gate has to somehow take part in a controlled/uncontrolled fission/fusion explosion. Big bang either way.
                LANDRY
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

That is true. Or the gate could come into contact with antimatter, that would do it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Or you could stick it inside of an even bigger 'gate and dissconect the power sources before it rematerializes.
                    LANDRY
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

I guess that would work, lol, but it wouldn't realy explode.

Owen Macri

Comment

No, but it'd be gone...
                        LANDRY
                        Mmm... Green...

Comment

That is true.

Owen Macri

Comment

one million and one ways to blow up Atlantis AND a stargate

I see it happening.
                            LANDRY
                            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, it could work.

Owen Macri

Comment

For a thread that's already been answered, we're pretty far off topic.
                                LANDRY
                                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Working...
                                X