This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol,

"You were just saying how everything that we know about the universe is wrong because..."*flash*

"Damn it!"

And the natural flow of gravity would do nothing they would surley fall through the ground if it wasn't for a safeguard of somesort.

Owen Macri

Comment

The question I really want to know is how do they still breath if it technaically would shift all matter around them this would include air.

And when you pass through matrials do you have to hold your breath since there isn't no oxygen inside a wall.
      Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

There are two possibilities for the answer to your question.

1) We know that phase shifting devices can complete there task 1 of three ways. They can phase out the person, they can phase out the wall, or they can phase the wall one direction and the person in the other. With the third option the wall would be phased "in" halfway, so normal matter would still interact with it, and the person would be phased "out" the other way so normal matter could interact with it as well, however the phase diffrence between the wall and person would be so great that that matter would not be able to interact, they would pass through. In this scenario, people would still breath normal air, air in our phase, because they are only phased out "halfway" so they can still interact with matter in our phase.

2. The second possibility is slightly less complicated, it would involve phasing out the person. There is the possibility that the same atmoshperic condtions are constant throught the diffrent phases, so if you are phased out and go to a planet with an oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere, it is possible that there is also an oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere in the phase that you would be occupying.

There is a third "semi-answer" I did not mention it before because it wasn't specifically adressing your question but I might as well post it too.

3. If the person was not phased out and the wall was then obviously the person would still be able to breath the atmosphere in our phase because they have not left our phase.

You see, I didn't mention that because your question reffered to if the person was phased out, that is why I called 3. a "semi-answer."

When passing through matter you would not need to hold your breath because the time spent within a normal sized wall would be instantaneous. Also if 2. is correct than the atmosphere would be occupying the same space as the wall except in that other phase, so there would be no reason to stop breathing. The only way that the atmospheric conditions wouldn't be contained within that space would be if there was a wall in that phase, and then you wouldn't be able to walk through it anyways so you wouldn't have a problem.

Owen Macri

Comment

I felt the obligation to post this. My previous theory, on expanding the field to encompass the matter below the person is flawed. The matter bellow would simply fall into the Earth along with the matter of the person. However as an alternative I offer the idea that a second field below the person could be created below the person that was phased out only partly so it could interact with the matter below it, keeping it from falling into the Earth, and with the matter in the persons' phase, to support him or her.

However I believe that the idea that I offered in my previous post, under 1., is the most likley.

Owen Macri

Comment

Anyone else notice besides me that owen has the last post on ever single one of the science and tech sectoin.

Comment

Oh, Oh, I noticed! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

must break line.

Comment

oooooohh, now that isn't nice! Good luck!

Owen

Comment

Okay i just had a thought but its a little hard to explain. Though Its a little hard to explain. Think about going to the beach. You can walk on the sand but if you put the right amount of force on the sand you can actually press into it or dig into it. If a peson hit a body of water traveling really fast it would be like hitting concreate but if they just step into the water they just slide through it.

Basically what if the feild simply shifts the matrial enough to wear acctual physical force is required. I hope this makes since to someone.

Comment

It makes sense, unfortunatly, it doesn't work that way, sorry.

Matter in two diffrent phases, that don't interact with each other, don't interact with eachother, at all, on any level. You could fire the person faster than the speed of light at matter in another phase and they would still pass right on through.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
                        Anyone else notice besides me that owen has the last post on ever single one of the science and tech sectoin.
                        You never noticed that before? Owen LOVES to do that! That's how I met him, by starting a thread that read:"The Owen can't post here " Thread...it was a joke and he loved it, but the mods deleted it. :-( I was just "funnin'" him.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

That was funny, I was laughing for hours!

Owen

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
                            must break line.
                            Must... Agree...

I never saw the "Owen's not allowed to post here" thread, I just saw Owens responce to it. I had no idea which folder it it was in when the mods trashed it.
                            JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                            VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                            MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                            LANDRY
                            : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                            Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                            Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                            Mmm... Green...

Comment

I guess they thought I was being "mean" or something like that.....but it was just a joke. Owen really did enjoy it. He would answer my posts in another thread......it was funny. The only reason I did it was because EVERY name I saw that night, was Owen Macri and I started to convulse with laughter and then the silly idea idea hit me....start a thread that states Owen can't post here.

Guess my type of humor needs some getting used too.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

i thought it was funny too

Comment

Working...
                                X