This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Owen Macri
    You would definetly have to leave some, choice specimens, however, there would always be poeple more "choice" than others. What I believe spg_1983 means by "choice specimens" is young, healthy people compared to old, dying people.

Owen Macri
    point taken maybe I was a little rude

Comment

I didn't think you were rude, did I seem rude? I didn't think you were rude at all.

Owen Macri

Comment

Anyone notice that the wraith scanners or simular to the old asgard transporters. (i thopught about it once why there where two types of asgard transporters then I realized that the ones on planets had probably been there for thousands of years. the ones on the ships of course would be newer design.) They also seem simular to the acshen platforms.

As far as them being primative. There not. There designed like a net for a reason. The wraith dart moves at amazing speed for one. And the ancients don't even have tech like this that we know of. All there transporter technology you have to walk into. No pilot would have time to fly the dart and operate a transporter at the same time to pick off targets indivdually. (Only the asgard transporters can lock onto a target from a distance. Ancients, aschen, and furrlings transporters require a person to be in a certain spot.)
        In truth the wraiths are perfect for there function. Pick up humans at high speeds. The wraith wouldn't care to much about individuals. There fishing. You want to catch as much as you can and go home. Sit back. Have a little snack.

Now if you can figure out how the nox teleport around. then you have something. But its hard to tell with them what is magic and what is tech.
        Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
          Anyone notice that the wraith scanners or simular to the old asgard transporters. (i thopught about it once why there where two types of asgard transporters then I realized that the ones on planets had probably been there for thousands of years. the ones on the ships of course would be newer design.) They also seem simular to the acshen platforms.
          The Asgard teleporters used to work exactly like the Wraith beams. I mean, up until they stopped using the old Biliskner class cruiser. Once they got the new O'Neill cruisers, they started using transporters that behave much more like Star Trek transporters, where they deposit you whereever, with limited beam movement. They also used to sound completely different; They almost sounded like a baby crying in reverse. Now they just sort of go "Whoosh".

Now if you can figure out how the nox teleport around. then you have something. But its hard to tell with them what is magic and what is tech.
          Magic is technology people don't understand.

Are the Nox actually teleporting? I don't recall them teleporting, just turning invisible. I mean, if you turn invisible, run somewhere and then become visible, it might look like you're teleporting but you aren't.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin

Are the Nox actually teleporting? I don't recall them teleporting, just turning invisible. I mean, if you turn invisible, run somewhere and then become visible, it might look like you're teleporting but you aren't.
            You've got a point. i was never sure whether their teleportation was actual tech or "powers" like the ascended have. like in "pretense" where Lya teleports SG-1 to the ion cannon they're all crouching down and when they reappear they're walking towards it. this would imply that they became invisible and walked but i could be wrong.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              The Asgard teleporters used to work exactly like the Wraith beams. I mean, up until they stopped using the old Biliskner class cruiser. Once they got the new O'Neill cruisers, they started using transporters that behave much more like Star Trek transporters, where they deposit you whereever, with limited beam movement. They also used to sound completely different; They almost sounded like a baby crying in reverse. Now they just sort of go "Whoosh".

The Asgard transporters are still capable of "sweeping" to pick up stuff, however they only use this for large things or groups of people, like in "Thors' Chariot" they don't need it to transport individual people, and that is pretty much all they have been used for latley.

Owen Macri

Comment

It seems as though the Nox have some unseen natural ability, in other words, they can do it with thier minds, we already know that they are pretty much telepathic. Another possiblity is that the Nox have some sort of technology in one of thier cities, and they use thier telepathy to tell whoever runs it to beam whatever they want to, wherever they want to. Another possibility is that they have some sort of brain implant that allows them to make things invisible, transport things, and read others minds, among other things. It is hard to say, there are many possibilies, we might never know. I think eventually we will go back to the Nox homeworld.

Owen Macri

Comment

nox transporters don't work from city thats for sure. (they couldnt bring the boy to the others when he was killed.) meaning they have some limit on range.

lya deffently transported them to the ion cannon. first they where in the city then in the woods. it was deffently not an illision she cast since t operated the cannon.
                  Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

Comment

I have always thought that the Nox teleport using the power of their minds rather than teleporting by use of technology. It seems to be more than just making something invisible, otherwise Jacks homemade arrow would have hit Apophis. Lya definately teleports the weapons out of the security details hands in "Enigma" to prevent them from shooting the Tollen, but whether or not there is a distance limit I'm not sure. It looked to me to possibly be more like phasing, like the Re'tu.
                    sigpic

Comment

One thing has always bothered me, do we even know that the Nox use teleportation and not just a cloak/phase-shift? That way they could walk without being seen or able to be damaged. Also it seems more likely that this is the case instead of a single person transporting a group of people(and Ion Cannon) to a location. Lya would need some serious power to transport the Tollan from Earth to the Nox Homeworld(Enigma)

EDIT: maybe I should've read SeeBee's post

Comment

nox transporters don't work from city thats for sure. (they couldnt bring the boy to the others when he was killed.) meaning they have some limit on range.

lya deffently transported them to the ion cannon. first they where in the city then in the woods. it was deffently not an illision she cast since t operated the cannon.
                        I am sorry I completly forgot those situations when they wern't on the Nox homeworld.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                          I have always thought that the Nox teleport using the power of their minds rather than teleporting by use of technology. It seems to be more than just making something invisible, otherwise Jacks homemade arrow would have hit Apophis. Lya definately teleports the weapons out of the security details hands in "Enigma" to prevent them from shooting the Tollen, but whether or not there is a distance limit I'm not sure. It looked to me to possibly be more like phasing, like the Re'tu.
                          I agree, it seems like the Nox use some sort of natural power rather than technology, it is one of the more mysterious things about them, if we get the opporunity to revist them, perhaps for a longer period of time (if the Asgard have accepted use, maybe the Nox will too, plus the Asgard could put in a good word) it would be interesting to see how how thier technology actualy works and to learn about thier history.

Owen Macri

Comment

It has been mentioned that the Wraith transporter beams seem to be very similar to the Thors Hammer/Charriot episodes. Therefore, have both Wraith and the Asgard come up with the same solution or do you think that the ancients gave the Asgard an helping hand with technology?.

Comment

this is from wikipedia

"As the main mission role of a Dart is to cull humans, they are equipped with transport beams that sweep over the ground, de-materializing every person which comes into the beam without harming them. The beams have also been used to transport Wraith soldiers to and from the surface of a planet, serving as a troop transport in addition to a culling craft. The culling beam can also be used to scan targets, presumably for life forms to be transported."

i also am nearly 100% sure that people are dematerialized and not transported to a hold in the dart like most here seemed to have assumed

think back to the episode "duet" people didnt it not specifically say that people are dematerialized and stored in a buffer
                              Full Circle.. Herak: "Surrender or die!!"
                              O'Neill: "What?!"
                              Herak: "Surrender or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                              O'Neill: "I was just going to say the exact same thing"
                              Herak: "O'Neil of sg1"
                              O'Neill: "Hay how you doing... you'll have to forgive me I'm terrible with names what was it... (staff blast) jeez!!"
                              Herak: "I am Herak"
                              O'Neill: "Congratulations failing upwards i see"
                              .......... Couple of sentences later
                              O'Neill: "Give us clear access to the gate or I'll blow it up"
                              Herak: "Yourself along with it?"
                              O'Neill: "Whats you point?"

Comment

Any1 played Hunger Hunger Hippo?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X