Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be pretty pointless to give us the ability to make our own ZPMs now, wouldn't it?

You've gotta remember that the show is nothing without challenge. It's the same as everyone saying "why don't the Ancients just stop the Ori armies?" Because there's no point to the show if everything is that easy.

It just becomes fanboi masturbation at that point.

Comment

The ancients were around for millions of years and their primary source of power was a zpm how could we possibley even comprehend how to build one, cmon now be serious.

Comment

even a primitive version of it when oneil built one to go to the asgard homeworld when he ahd the info the ancients torrented into his head...hell the SGC didnt even know what dam thing was let alone no what it was for...all i no is they no how to check how much power is left and intrgrate it into ancients or tauri systems thats about it
        DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

i'm sure they can, with the help of the asguard i think they can. will writers ever let them, not likely. with an unlimited supply of zmp's they can turn atlantis into what it should be and use zpm's for all of their ships as well...they have to have an achilles heal with all that tech and theirs is not having sufficient power to run atlantis.

Defiant

Comment

Originally posted by Gelasius View Post
            i'm sure they can, with the help of the asguard i think they can. will writers ever let them, not likely. with an unlimited supply of zmp's they can turn atlantis into what it should be and use zpm's for all of their ships as well...they have to have an achilles heal with all that tech and theirs is not having sufficient power to run atlantis.

Defiant
            the "achilles heel" would be that they aren't as good as real zpm and are easily depleated. and they were able to replicate the Project Acturus experiment which does what zpms do on a larger scale so i think they would be able to build a zpm. weir also said there were weapon schematics in the database when are they going to try building them. besides with the asuran and wraith threat they need something.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Could leonardo da vinci build a microchip if given the complet specs and plans? no, he is missing the tools to actually do it.
              Even if we have the full specs and plans, we still can't build a zpm, we don't have the tools.

Comment

We could give one to the asgard for study after the ori are defeated.

Comment

if theres anyone who can make something even remotly close to a zpm, thats the asgard... though i think nothing would match the ancients zmp...

and another thing, unrelated...
                  im getting really frustrated that everytime we meet ancients, they either die or leave...

Comment

Well how convienant would it be if there was a problem and the solution was 'Hey....ask the glowing dude!'

That'd make for a really sucky show. lol
                    Dark and Dreary and Terribly Dead - Walking into Heaven without a Head

Comment

Right get this ok we cannot and will not be able to build zpms or mass produce them for god knows how long and if the asgard could build them then they would use them and we could ask them for some seeing the amount of favours they owe us however they cant because even they cant comprehend how to build them ok, and im sure if they thought they could reverse engineer one they would have asked us for one or found one themselves a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor of The Asgard View Post
                        if theres anyone who can make something even remotly close to a zpm, thats the asgard... though i think nothing would match the ancients zmp...

and another thing, unrelated...
                        im getting really frustrated that everytime we meet ancients, they either die or leave...
                        lol me too man what frustrates me even more is everytime we get a zpm something happens to it i no it wouldnt make for good tv if we could defend ourselves 24/7 and be totally safe in atlantis however were about to go into the shows fourth season and we are still worrying about power i feel they should focus more on other storylines

Comment

Spoiler:
                          the biggest chance we had for getting the necessary technology for making zpms is probably in the ori galaxy right now on board that ori ship we sent back. from what i remember they left the device on the molecular synthesizer thing. being that it made the sangraal that had energy to destroy ascended beings, (which is similar to ZPM energy) its safe to assume it could have made a functional ZPM if assembled correctly
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis View Post
                            Could leonardo da vinci build a microchip if given the complet specs and plans? no, he is missing the tools to actually do it.
                            Even if we have the full specs and plans, we still can't build a zpm, we don't have the tools.

You know what you are probably right but if you have seen the Sg1 episode in season 10 with the bouty hunters you know that they manufactured a smaller scale Naquadah generator for the really cool gun carter used.
                            So really all they need to do is build some super duper Naquadah generators.
                            I mean some thing has to be powering the Daedalus class ship just make something more powerfull than that which would be proportional to a ZPM>

McKay could do it AND YOU could try to recreate the jumpers power systemand large scale it to power the life support for example and use the rest of the power for something else.

I'm a dreama huh.
                            ADF
                            sigpic
                            i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

i think the asguard could easily build a zpm if they were given the plans from the ancient database.

leonado probably couldn't .
                              but as for us not having the tools well we have atlantis and the asguard what else could we possibly need.

Spoiler:
                              the biggest chance we had for getting the necessary technology for making zpms is probably in the ori galaxy right now on board that ori ship we sent back. from what i remember they left the device on the molecular synthesizer thing. being that it made the sangraal that had energy to destroy ascended beings, (which is similar to ZPM energy) its safe to assume it could have made a functional ZPM if assembled correctly
                              wasn't there one of those devices on each of the worlds they traveled to before daniel got captured by adria .
                              i think they were on the third world when she caught up to them .

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                                The ancients were around for millions of years and their primary source of power was a zpm how could we possibley even comprehend how to build one, cmon now be serious.
                                yeah but what gets me is, the Ancients had 3 ZPM's powering Atlantis and 5 outpost each with a ZPM, so how did they find that many, they must of manufactured some!
                                This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                                Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                                we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X