Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have'nt they figured out yet how to use Naquadria safely in a hyperdrive. Although (correct me if I'm wrong) a ZPM driven hyperdrive is superior to anything naquadria or naquadah.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
      Why have'nt they figured out yet how to use Naquadria safely in a hyperdrive. Although (correct me if I'm wrong) a ZPM driven hyperdrive is superior to anything naquadria or naquadah.

I believe a ZPM powered hyperdrive is the mack daddy of all hyperdrives!.

I wonder what a ZPM powered Asgard BC could do?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase

I wonder what a ZPM powered Asgard BC could do?
        I think the Asgard already can get all they can from their hyperdrives.
        What i really want to see is a ancient ship in hyperspace.I guess it would be able to do Earth to atlantis in less than a minute, .
        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
        Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
        - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
        - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
          I think the Asgard already can get all they can from their hyperdrives.
          What i really want to see is a ancient ship in hyperspace.I guess it would be able to do Earth to atlantis in less than a minute, .
          Not sure if you are following SGA season II nimitz so I will put a spoiler tag on this response in case you have'nt seen the episode 'Aurora'
          Spoiler:
          In the episode Aurora when they discover an Ancient research ship with some Ancients barely alive. They learn that there are 2 kinds of Ancient hyperdrives, one of which is on the Aurora is a slower version that isn't as fast as an Asgard BC or the Daedalus. They also talked about some Ancient war ships (which have'nt been seen yet) that have a hyperdrive comparable to an Asgard BC hyperdrive

Comment

No i havnt season 2 of sga.So you sort of blew my theory out of the water but maybe not, for the reason that the atlanteans seem to have been on their own when they fought the wraith, so they must have been a splinter group.Which means the other ancients may have more advanced hyperdrives and technology.
            Last edited by nimitz; 28 October 2005, 03:19 AM.
            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.

Comment

Going from Pegasus to the MW in a minute is absurdly fast. In months they could go beyond the known universe. If that were true then the Ancients could have expanded far beyond a couple galaxies.
              The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

they might have for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                  No i havnt season 2 of sga.So you sort of blew my theory out of the water but maybe not, for the reason that the atlanteans seem to have been on their own when they fought the wraith, so they must have been a splinter group.Which means the other ancients may have more advanced hyperdrives and technology.

Thats a very interesting concept nimitz....A splintered group of true Ancients (Not Ori ancients) that wanted to push the envelope of tecnology. With that Ancients scientist that designed and made a working time machine puddle jumper, that very well may have happened. They might be out there still living a corporeal existance in a galaxy so far away that no one else can reach them.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                    Going from Pegasus to the MW in a minute is absurdly fast. In months they could go beyond the known universe. If that were true then the Ancients could have expanded far beyond a couple galaxies.

Who's to say the Ancients did'nt colonize other galaxies that are so far away they have'nt been discovered yet by anyone we know of.

I wonder if the Asgard are the masters of building ultra-fast BC's. It seems there best and fastest ships even out perform anything the Ancients built (at least as far as what we have seen so far).

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                      Who's to say the Ancients did'nt colonize other galaxies that are so far away they have'nt been discovered yet by anyone we know of.

I wonder if the Asgard are the masters of building ultra-fast BC's. It seems there best and fastest ships even out perform anything the Ancients built (at least as far as what we have seen so far).

I wonder just how far the Ancients reach is in the known Universe?. How many galaxies did they manage to explore. They had advanced technology and hyper drive ships for thousands of years. They basically could have explored every known galaxy.

It does seem that the Asgard are the 'hot rod' builders of Battle Cruisers. Even there hyperdrives seem to be more advanced or at least faster than anything we have seen from the Ancients so far.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

True. And it seems like even their intergalactic hyperdrive on Atlantis was only used once. As far as we know, they didn't make regular trips between galaxies. Their hyperdrive tech may well have been less advanced than what we've seen from the Asgard.
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I wonder just how far the Ancients reach is in the known Universe?. How many galaxies did they manage to explore. They had advanced technology and hyper drive ships for thousands of years. They basically could have explored every known galaxy.
                          Hyperdrive for millions of years, not thousands. And there are billions of galaxies, and those are only the ones we can see. There's no way they could have visited and explored them all.

It does seem that the Asgard are the 'hot rod' builders of Battle Cruisers. Even there hyperdrives seem to be more advanced or at least faster than anything we have seen from the Ancients so far.
                          We've never seen an ancient hyperdrive (either interstellar or intergalactic) in action.

Originally posted by helio9
                          And it seems like even their intergalactic hyperdrive on Atlantis was only used once. As far as we know, they didn't make regular trips between galaxies. Their hyperdrive tech may well have been less advanced than what we've seen from the Asgard.
                          Looks that way. It doesn't mean they couldn't build faster hyperdrives, it just means that they had no use for faster hyperdrives until the war with the Wraith.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                            Hyperdrive for millions of years, not thousands. And there are billions of galaxies, and those are only the ones we can see. There's no way they could have visited and explored them all.
                            Probably on the order of about a quarter TRILLION, though most would be dim and fuzzy, like the Magellanic Clouds that orbit our own Milky Way. Our galaxy is really pretty large by most standards. Even so there are BILLIONS of stars in each galaxy. Yeah, the ancients couldn't have BEGUN to do them all. Though it's not inconceivable that they've visited all 30 of the galaxies in our local group at least.

We've never seen an ancient hyperdrive (either interstellar or intergalactic) in action.

Looks that way. It doesn't mean they couldn't build faster hyperdrives, it just means that they had no use for faster hyperdrives until the war with the Wraith.
                            While we've never seen them in action, I believe it was going to take the Aurora months to get back to Atlantis (with only "local" hyperdrive) and Pegasus is much smaller than our galaxy. My guess is that their "local" drive is probably significantly slower than what the goa'uld have now and what Earth built as our first drive (since it was basically reverse engineered goa'uld tech). As for the intergalactic drive, well, we have no way of knowing though my guess is that it's still not as fast as the Asgard. Which brings another point to mind, WHY have two hyperdrive types? Obviously the two are fairly similar if one can be converted to the other. Maybe it has something to do witht he way the fields are formed, I don't know. Anyways, the only reason I can see for sending a ship like Aurora is that the intergalactic drive was a more recent invention and they didn't have time to fit it onto all of their ships.

As you say (and I've said the same before), with the gate network, why would the ancients really NEED fast hyperdrive? Most anything they did they could do through the gate in seconds (and most likely for less energy), which even the fastest hyperdrives can't compete with.

Comment

I understand that Jarnin, what I meant was they might have explored most of surrounding galaxies that have been charted or seen by long range sensors. There very well could be Stargates in galaxies we have no idea about?.

Originally posted by jarnin
                              True but they did talk about it in the season II SGA episode 'Aurora'.
                              Spoiler:
                              The ship Aurora was a long range exploration type ship that had a rather slow hyperdrive because of how long it would have took them to get back to Atlantis from where they were adrift. The Captain of the Aurora talked about they had another type of Starship that had a hyperdrive that was faster and more on par with what the Daedalus and Asgard BC's have.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                                Probably on the order of about a quarter TRILLION, though most would be dim and fuzzy, like the Magellanic Clouds that orbit our own Milky Way. Our galaxy is really pretty large by most standards. Even so there are BILLIONS of stars in each galaxy. Yeah, the ancients couldn't have BEGUN to do them all. Though it's not inconceivable that they've visited all 30 of the galaxies in our local group at least.
                                Thats what I meant more when I was talking about how many galaxies the Ancients might have explored before ascending, not all the galaxies but ones that were known via sensor sweeps.

Could there be Stargate in other galaxies we have yet to discover?....most likely yes.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X