No announcement yet.

Alien power sources.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is possible that they use a form of energy that we haven't seen yet or maybe we just don't realise what kind of enrgy it uses. I have heard of a watch that dosent have any batteries it is simply powered by motion, you have to sleep with it on because if it isn't moving it will stop. Maybe Tollan technology works like this. or maybe you just wind up a knob thing on the back. lol. I'm just kidding.

Owen Macri

Comment

but the device they use to walk through matter is only a few inches across think how much energy is required to do this. Or the device used to contact the nox it was tiny yet transported the message across the galaxy.

Comment

You are thinking linearly, does the power source realy have to be as small as the box. Maybe the devices are precharged. The devices might not use that much energy anyways, it depends how the tollan created them. Think outside the box bothe lieteraly and figurativly, maybe the devices get there power from an alternate source that is not necesarily within the confines of the box. I didn't want to bring this up because it would mean that the Tollan are far more advanced than we thought, but their devices could run of of vaccum energy from a self contained region of subspace, like the Zero Point Module. It would not take a large region of subspace to provide enough power for a device like that.

Owen Macri

Comment

thats what I think (vacuum idea)

Comment

It is quite possible but I don't want it to be, that would mean that the Tollan are even more advanced than we thought they were.

Owen Macri

Comment

They are my favorite race they can never be too advanced

Comment

The Tollans are pretty cool but I don't know if they would go as far as my favorite race, definetly up there though.

Owen Macri

Comment

I want to know how the nox received the tollans message

Comment

do you mean how it physically got to the nox hoeworld or how it was actually recieved?

Owen Macri

Comment

received by the nox

Comment

They probably had some sort of array that recieved the beam of light, then the information was uploaded into there equivilent of a data storage device and the nox decoded there message.

Owen Macri

Comment

but that is like us sending a radio signal and hoping they will have radios (bad example)

Comment

No that is a good example, the transmission probably also included a program that scanned there systems to see how they worked and then altered the message to suit there capabilities. If it didn't then without the Tollan knowing more about the nox your analogoy would be their only hope.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by captain_kirk999 View Post
                              I thought that other gates provided their own power source (Naquida) and didn't need a third party to power the gates, but they kind of ran off themselves? I'm sure there are some worlds that have the same problem as Earth, maybe they use nuclear power or old fashioned gun powder, petrol, oil, fire etc.
                              I don't think anything less than maybe megazounds of those alternate soiurces could power the gates

Originally posted by _Owen_ View Post
                              Hey, Buckner, I haven't seen you on in a while. I wouldn't necesarily agree that there technology couldn't be backwards engineered, If Tollan technology is just one piece than you canuse whatever materials required to make that one piece. But either way there technology is indeed intriguing (did I spell that right?), I would like to hear more about how it works.

like ur argument

Owen Macri
                              It is possible that they use a form of energy that we haven't seen yet or maybe we just don't realise what kind of enrgy it uses. I have heard of a watch that dosent have any batteries it is simply powered by motion, you have to sleep with it on because if it isn't moving it will stop. Maybe Tollan technology works like this. or maybe you just wind up a knob thing on the back. lol. I'm just kidding.
                              they did have an energy source they gave to their neighboring nations

Owen Macri
                              No that is a good example, the transmission probably also included a program that scanned there systems to see how they worked and then altered the message to suit there capabilities. If it didn't then without the Tollan knowing more about the nox your analogoy would be their only hope.

we're assuming the Tollan can actually understand Nox technology w/o the Nox helping them to could be possible they can to a certain degree

Owen Macri
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by buckner View Post
                                They are my favorite race they can never be too advanced
                                My favourite race is the Rodney Mckay race
                                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                                X