• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bast
    Kull means penis in swedish.

I didn't know that hihihi the penis warriors
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      Kull armor is a plot device. When the writers need someone to be practically unstoppable, they put them in Kull armor or slap on a cool alien bracelet.

There really is no reason to put Kull armor on a ship; that's what shields are for.
      Then the ships would be like the very first Enterprise, they didn't have shields, they had hull plating and stuff. but I agree kull armor on a ship would be effective, but eventualy someone would find a weapon that works against it, Earth did.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
        Then the ships would be like the very first Enterprise, they didn't have shields, they had hull plating and stuff. but I agree kull armor on a ship would be effective, but eventualy someone would find a weapon that works against it, Earth did.

Owen Macri
        I thought the Earth weapon only took away the life giving energy.

Comment

Ya, I think that's what it does, but I was only using that as an example. To people who had never seen the Kull Warriors before, they would seem undefeatable, but we found a way to defeat them. Eventually someone would find a way to defeat the armor. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

Owen Macri

Comment

Ya, I think that's what it does, but I was only using that as an example. To people who had never seen the Kull Warriors before, they would seem undefeatable, but we found a way to defeat them. Eventually someone would find a way to defeat the armor. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

Owen Macri
            I get it know. Actually, didn't they say that a trinium(sp?) dart could go through it? So, all you nedd is a to put some explosive device inside one and it would tear a hole in the armor.

Comment

I don't remember the specifics, so you are probagbly right about the trinium. In that case your idea would probably work.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                A ship with Kull worrior's armor

Kull worrior's armor can absorb energy blasts.
                I been thinking about Kull worrior's armor, it is almost indestructible, the only thing that could kill a Kull worrior was that special anti-supersoldier weapon (base on that Ancient fountain of youth device) or enough heat and kinetic energy.

Anubis must have a factory building Kull worrior armor on Tartarus.The Jaffa had captured that base.

Earth ship is still use projectile weapon, like missiles, rail guns.The Goa'uld or other species use energy weapon.

If an Earth ship shield it's hull with metal like Kull worrior's armor, it could be very powerfull. All energy blast will be defected or absorb. Only maybe ships using missiles, rail guns can harm such ship(another Earth ship)
                Yea but think about it this way, the Kull armor only absorbed small fire. A big honking Hat'aks lasers could defintly blow up a Kull warrior and its armor. Plus Rail guns or Missiles would be able to penetrate the armor just not small arms fire.

Comment

All the major warships are badly in need of armored superstructures. It defies logic to rely only on shields. Scaled up and layered Kull armor would be interesting but standard armor would be simpler to manufacture.
                  "Time is waiting
                  We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                  No hesitating
                  Grab a boy and grab a girl!
                  Time is waiting
                  We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                  No hesitating
                  We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

I agree with Vetesn, the kull warrior armor wouldn't be any more powerfull than regular aromor, it might even be less powerfull, I believe that all it does is deflect arms fire, and sustain the life giving energy provided by the ancient cubey thing. I believe an air to air missile could defeat the armor. Kull Warior armor is apropriate for the kull warriors but I do not believe that it would serve useful cause on a ship.

Owen Macri

Comment

You have an excellent idea. If, during a fight, the shields failed, having some type of energy absorb/disbursing armor plating would extend the life of the ship. Good thinking. It would kind of like the ablative armor that voyager used.

Comment

Or even better, the energy could be absorbed by the hull plating, routed into a buffer and then used to boost power for something. If a ship was so badly damaged that the hull plating was the last line of defense, you are usually low on power as well, this could help, and give you the boost you need to strike back. The buffer would have to be able to contain a considerable yield of energy, however if the input of energy is too great the buffers would simply release the energy into space, this would foil an attempt to overload the buffers on purpose by increasing the standard amount of energy in a discharge of the weapons array.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Gremalcon
                          You have an excellent idea. If, during a fight, the shields failed, having some type of energy absorb/disbursing armor plating would extend the life of the ship. Good thinking. It would kind of like the ablative armor that voyager used.
                          I know it's convenient for show purposes, but WHY would an energy shield EVER deplete? As long as the power supply is still there, the shield should always be 100% up. Unless the shield generator is somehow damaged, then the shield strength should go to zero immediately.
                          There shouldn't be any in betweens.
                          "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

actually that is not true, shields are powerful but shields can be weakend by simply shooting it, placing stress on the shield itself causes it to draw more energy, there is only so much energy to be drawn so when energy levels become low so will the effectivness of the shield. Also shields can be bypassed, if the attacker knows the frequency which the shield operates on they can set there weapons to that frequency and they will pass through.

Owen Macri

Comment

actually that is not true, shields are powerful but shields can be weakend by simply shooting it, placing stress on the shield itself causes it to draw more energy, there is only so much energy to be drawn so when energy levels become low so will the effectivness of the shield. Also shields can be bypassed, if the attacker knows the frequency which the shield operates on they can set there weapons to that frequency and they will pass through.

Owen Macri
                              Thats startrek, not stargate

Comment

Yes, the energy shield is drawing more energy from your power supply. You can put stress on your power supply, but you shouldn't make a dent in the shield for as long as the power supply is still supplying power.
                                Personally, I only see 2 ways to defeat the energy shield without "cheating," like knowing the frequency and stuff:
                                1) A big honking space gun that simply overwhelms the shield and you destroy your ship in one shot, kinda like Tolans ion cannon before gould upgraded their shield;
                                2) You cannot overwhelm the shield at first, so you keep shooting, but the energy shield should be "replenished" after each shot. Yes, the shield is drawing increasing power, but for as long as the power supply is not dry, the shield shall remain 100%. When the power supply runs out, it goes to zero-strength.
                                3) Thought of this as I was typing: you shoot at this shield continuously, and depletes the shield strength faster than it replenishes from the power source.
                                "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X