Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its official!!! Ronon Dex will be played by...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion
    The thing is, who would be good enough to play Dex? I havent' seen this Jason guy in action; it doens't always bode well that he was a model before being an actor, but heck, you can't hold looks against somebody.
    Who would I believe? Steve Buscemi, James Morrison, Nick Lea, Doug Hutchison, Rod Rowland, Brendan Beiser, Michael T Weiss, Dominic Purcell, Adrian Pasdar, Jon Gries, Dion Johnstone, Peter Horton, John Glover, Joel de la Fuente, Tucker Smallwood... Just to name a few.

Comment

Mmmmmm.....Michael T. Weiss. I'd buy that.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Who would I believe? Steve Buscemi, James Morrison, Nick Lea, Doug Hutchison, Rod Rowland, Brendan Beiser, Michael T Weiss, Dominic Purcell, Adrian Pasdar, Jon Gries, Dion Johnstone, Peter Horton, John Glover, Joel de la Fuente, Tucker Smallwood... Just to name a few.
        Just out interest why these people shadow, Steve Buscemi is my favourite I was watching Con-air the other day he was great in there and also in Armageddon he was really funny I loved this acting there.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
          Just out interest why these people shadow, Steve Buscemi is my favourite I was watching Con-air the other day he was great in there and also in Armageddon he was really funny I loved this acting there.
          They're actors I like, mostly. Although I've also seen most of them play slightly dodgy characters, too, which helps to put me in the right mindset. At least I HOPE Dex is a little dodgy. He needs something to make him interesting.

I still think Buscemi would be the ultimate choice, but I'd have just as much confidence in most of the others. Brendan Beiser is probably a little random, but I liked him as Pendrell on X-Files and it always pissed me off that they killed him like that. *grumble* Doug Hutchison is the master of creepiness, and of creepiness masquerading as something sweet. I know John Glover is probably a little too prevalent in other things right now, but I remember him from Brimstone and I have it imprinted in my head that he's the devil. And Adrian Pasdar has a wonderful voice. I fell in love with him when he was on Profit, where he was playing an utter sociopath. But he was so cool and calm and controlled about it all.

Comment

I agree Steve Buscemi would be my favourite choice he is good actor.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I'm all for the change...while I like Ford..I think he needs a MAJOR change to his character..and the one they are talking about really works well for him.

And i'm more interested in this new character. Seems like a better match.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Buscemi would have been great casting. . .also woulda loved to see Nick Lea in a series again (I still miss Krycek).

However, I'll wait for promo shots to see how make-up and costuming contribute to Jason's character. They've done a terrible job with Teyla (just my opinion) so I hope they don't muck up this guy. We'll just have to wait for Season 2 to see how it goes. Hoping TPTB know what they are doing.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Hmm, much as I love Buscemi, I couldn't see him as an alien soldier James Morrison? Ah, poor Doug - he's always playing killers. That would'nt bode well for Atlantis Adrian is on JUDINGAMY. Dion I would have loved. Don't know Brenda or Tucker. Can't see Glover as a soldier unless he's a general type...

Comment

He just kinda looks like a souped up version of Ford. Like if you crossed Ford with Tyr of Andromeda you'd come up with this guy.

Will reserve other judgments for when he interacts with the rest of the cast. Will mist Ford though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      He just kinda looks like a souped up version of Ford. Like if you crossed Ford with Tyr of Andromeda you'd come up with this guy.

Will reserve other judgments for when he interacts with the rest of the cast. Will mist Ford though.
                      I agree.

Comment

Ah...so its true after all. I was sort of hoping not. I think the guy looks too young. I was wanting someone who was older and has acted on Stargate before. But oh well I'll give this Jason the benifit of the doubt.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Meh. I'm hoping the Stargate people made the right choice. I'll guess we'll see in June.
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I hope TPTB have made a good choice in hiring Jason. Hope they just haven't gone by looks... He's not really how I pictured the character, but we'll find out soon enough if he fits in or not

Comment

well i'll hold total judgement until we see him in a couple episodes...

but i MUST say this could be very good for ratings... not because he's "mr. hottie" at everyone will be coming in droves, but because hawaiians are FIERCELY (or should i say freakishly ) loyal to other hawaiians... i know MANY that would gladly watch any show as long as it was either filmed in hawaii or had someone from hawaii in it....

so if word gets round that someone from hawaii is in atlantis, chances are the ratings in hawaii will go up big time well, at least a bit... maybe not as much as some other shows since this IS kinda a scifi dead zone (not many scifi fans here)... but i know quite a few people who watched lost inititally JUST cuz it was filmed here, and then ended up liking it, and i know many more people who watch the tv just to see someone they know, and if you're an actor here on the island, just about everyone has at least heard of you....

and i'm not kidding about this at all either, or exaggerating you'd really be surprised at the loyalty it's awesome, but it surprised me... maybe i'll wind up with someone over here to talk to about the show
                              Last edited by emily_reich; 28 February 2005, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but trying to pimp up the cast with "sexy" additions has the opposite effect on me- I'm LESS inclined to watch if I think that people are being hired based on looks/sex appeal rather than talent. I'll give Jason a fair shot. I don't really have any choice, since I plan to keep watching Atlantis. But whether or not I can like him depends entirely on whether or not he has the talent to back up the looks... and more importantly, if TPTB can actually manage to write the damn character in a reasonable manner. THAT is where I have the most doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X