Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Browder's character Named! Carter conflict?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Boy, I guess the fact that I instantly thought of this actor and said "what do you mean 'no connection to a real person?' shows that I'm not in the target demographic!
    *waves hand* me too!
    sigpic

Comment

Wierd. I live in Columbus Ohio, and there is a group of restaurants run by a guy named Cameron Mitchell. He runs like 13 upscale restaurants in the area. So when I first read the story it seemed very familiar. Just took me quite a while to remember why.

http://www.cameronmitchell.com/

It's even spelled the same...
      Flagship of the Asgard Fleet

Comment

Aww. I was growing fond of "Mongo". Maybe that can be his nickname or something.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Karterius
          Well since they have announced his character as being Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell, I am wondering now how the roles of leadership will be played.
          Hi there-when an where was this announced ? Was I sleeping ?
          ===================
          Guess I was sleeping. When the executive producer gives that information to Scifiwire it sounds official enough to me...of course the person who was doing the interview could have written Lt Col when it is just Col. I can't undestand why they would bring him in outranking Sam That's a hell of a handicap that they are saddling him with.
          Last edited by ruach; 07 February 2005, 07:22 PM.
          Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

my thought too. If Jack, a one star General for only one year can be promoted to Head of Homeworld Security (Hammond's job that he got after being a 3 star for many years more than one) than Carter can be promoted to Colonel. It is fiction after all and if they can promote Jack like that then what's to stop Carter's promotion too?

Comment

sam deserves to be colonel, so why not! like ya said... it's all fiction!!

Comment

This is some newsbit, and definitely a challenge.
                ++Coming up with a character name, and rank
                Hope things pan out, and we'll get to see Ben do his best out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Karterius
                  Well since they have announced his character as being Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell,

Hmmmm....

How many running gags are they going to have about the name of Cameron Mitchell -- the actor who died several years ago. He starred in a 60's western tv series, "The High Chapparal."

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Don't know what's the big deal about his name. He could be called Farnsworth Buttercup for all I care-though it would be interesting if it was.
                    Sam can't lead the team. It has to be a male. Why? Well, I prefer a guy, not a wishy washy chick.
                    Ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                      Sam can't lead the team. It has to be a male. Why? Well, I prefer a guy, not a wishy washy chick.
                      Ducks.
                      i'd start runnin for the hills if i were you!!!

personally i think they'd BETTER not just replace carter as team leader and have everything be peachy keen either right away or within the first few episodes.... a new guy wouldn't know how offworld missions worked in a practical sense!!

but if they're gonna give the story CONFLICT through replacing carter as leader of SG1, then by all means.... but if they don't, i'll just be mad that they replaced her at all (she DOES have all the experience after all...)

Comment

Mongo was funny! I kind of liked it, too. I am glad his initials aren't "MM" though, because i have a friend with those same initials. For me it would be too wierd.
                        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

lol... yeah... i too am glad... my sis uses "MM" as part her online identity, so it'd be... strange.... plus it's a candy!!!

Comment

Cameron Mitchell? That'll do. I'd have changed my name to Cameron too if I'd been given the name Mongo

Madeleine

Comment

Ben's character could be called Cameron "Mongo" Mitchell. Since he mention Mongo in an interview, I suspect TPTB would find a way to mention Mongo in the storyline.

As for a command conflict between Carter and Mitchell, I just hope that they don't overdo it for more that a couple of episodes. It would get very old, very fast, if they did, IMO.

Comment

Mitchell will probably be brought in as the temporary CO of SG-1 while Carter is captured/on leave/on her honeymoon/temporarily ascended, but will be permenantly assigned to SG-1 under Carter's command. They'll butt heads a lot over command, but she'll prevail 'cause of her superior field experience. Besides, she's waited long enough for her own command. And if worst comes to worse, Jack'll put in a good word for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X