• Time
  • Show
Clear All

woohoo another hist. ling. lurker !!!

is your login name a pun on alexandra?

Know what you mean about the need for IPA symbols
    or at least a CONSISTENT standard for changing Ancient Egyptian
    symbols into modern languages.

If you check classical Resources I also have a article on definite articles and markers that may be of interest - there is a semitic language section

I will email you if / when I can figure out how the message option works !

Historicla Linguistics was my Honors year minor but I have maintained a interest in it and the related topics of archaeogenetics!
    Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

I just bought the book and starting reading it today. Did you know that GateWorld is mentioned on page 89 of the book?

Comment

[QUOTE=greytop]I just bought the book and starting reading it today. Did you know that GateWorld is mentioned on page 89 of the book? [/QUOTE

So did anyone ever find out what connection David Gerrold has with "Stargate"?Maybe we'll get a "Teal'c with Tribbles" episode! Ohh, I bet tribbles wouldn't like Goauld!
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
          So did anyone ever find out what connection David Gerrold has with "Stargate"?Maybe we'll get a "Teal'c with Tribbles" episode! Ohh, I bet tribbles wouldn't like Goauld!
          He did a section called Stargate Trek. It compared the siimiliarities of the two shows. It was the second section (chapter) of the book.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, they know about the danger of wearing red shirts on "Stargate" too.
            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
            X