Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Interview with Joe Mallozzi (Interview has spoilers, thread too)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this was interesting...thanks Mr. Thor.

Hiring a couple of new writers! Yay! And Martin Gero has a beautiful voice?? Was he kidding? If not, then I expect to hear Mr. Gero singing the lyrics to the Atlantis' theme song on the S1 DVD's.

Nice reassuring comments about Ben and Claudia's characters not being John and Aeryn redux. Thank you.

He seems really confident we're all going to love the last half of S8 and that there are lots more stories to tell. Okay, I'll hold you to it JM....

I figured there were going to be some changes on Atlantis but it sounds like there might be more than I thought. The Asgard on Atlantis?! Thor must have renegotiated his contract or something.

Originally posted by Skydiver
    I really hope it's just an oversight or something because the prospect of a totally sam-less season.....not even browder could fill those shoes for me
    It could be they're really concentrating on putting together the first few episodes of S9 at the moment - episodes where Sam won't be playing much of a role. Thus the non-mention. Everything I've read makes it sound like AT will definitely be back for 15 episodes.
    Last edited by keshou; 05 January 2005, 04:51 AM. Reason: typo
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Amanda better be back!!! She's as important as any of the main characters, save RDA whose departure has been gradually coming for some time now.

I wonder about

1) The Furlings....I'd like to see the Nox again though too
      2) New dynamic...'Sheppard's team' -- as some have posted already, new team member? Sounds good but I really hope no major cast member is let go, bringing me to:
      3) Season 2 of SGA will be 'very different' I hope that is not in the jarring EFC sense, but rather an interesting, possibly season-long unique saga.
      4) New Asgard member? CGI character, sounds like...cool.
      5) BB & CB...maybe one cute 'Farscape' scene, then move on?
      sigpic

Comment

From what PDL and MW said, Joe is the reason we don't get Furling stories. Ask him to do his impression of a Furling.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Might be funny to see him try.

But I'm guessing it's an oversight.
          Actually, I would rather not see BB try on Sam's shoes, or anything else.

I have read somewhere that Sam has a reduced role but will be around. I believe it was in a Sci Fi Wire article?

And by the way, hello Shadow, I finally decide to come over and check this place out. This is my first post at this bboard.

For those of you who remember me from the Sci Fi bboard, don't worry, I will behave myself. Um, okay, I will try turning my cheek rather than drawing my sward at the first sight of a troll anyway.

MACJR
          Last edited by MACJR; 04 January 2005, 10:36 PM.
          One person’s ethics and morality may not be right for another. It is wrong to assume or expect that all other people believe exactly as you do. Tolerance of our differences could make this world a great place to live.

MACJR

Comment

Glad ya made it. Hopefully you'll like this place enough that you won't be inclined to... misbehave.

I think Amanda herself has said she'll be in S9, so that probably isn't a worry.

Comment

Glad ya made it. Hopefully you'll like this place enough that you won't be inclined to... misbehave.

I think Amanda herself has said she'll be in S9, so that probably isn't a worry.
              I have been participating in another, private, bboard for a while and things have been okay, but then, the people there are all hand picked.

I hope that things will be better here than at that disgrace of a bboard at Sci Fi. That place is a zoo with all the animals running loose.

Anyway, I am looking forward to talking with rational people about Stargate and sci fi. I have not read many posts here yet but I think I can get along with the posters I have read here so far. They seem like my kind of people.

MACJR
              One person’s ethics and morality may not be right for another. It is wrong to assume or expect that all other people believe exactly as you do. Tolerance of our differences could make this world a great place to live.

MACJR

Comment

Very interesting interview. Makes me even more impatient to see the rest of season eight. Thanks very much.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Majcr

How we deal with trolls around here....boiling oil

Just kidding

there's a little thinge to 'report violations' (it's the little red outlined white triangle in the upper right corner of the posts)

someone acts trolly, you report thier posts, please don't respond to the troll, and if the moderator team agrees with you, the person will be dealt with

fortunately, we've only had a few true trolls, a large portion of our 'problem children' are just that....passionate youngsters who put the need to express themselves before any sense of decorum
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A very good interview Thor with some excellent questions good job. As for the minor spoilers about next season well I think it will be great to see the asgard in season two of Atlantis at least it should clear up few on going arguments to whether Asgard new about the wraith and when was the alliance of four races formed. Although I am not getting to excited because TPTB have said one thing and done another in the past, it could be just to through fans off from what they are really planning for season two of Atlantis.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      the one thing that i find as kind of worrying is that there's absolutely no mention of amanda at all.

there was the obligatory question about RDA's involvement, and a statement that there are going to be more/new storylines for daniel and teal'c...but nothing about amanda/sam

I really hope it's just an oversight or something because the prospect of a totally sam-less season.....not even browder could fill those shoes for me
                      This is what AT has said in official website

“I know there are also a lot of questions about season nine of Stargate. I will be returning. I am slated to do 15 of the 20 episodes. I will return to the show in May. I will bringing the baby with me, (not through the gate of course..heehee) and we’ll see how it works out. I know I am not the first actress to do this and I sincerely hope I am up to the challenge. I am very excited! It’s going to be one heck of a year.”

Read the rest here
                      http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/PostNuke/
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Joe in particular is very good at doublespeak.

I can't imagine an Asgard randomly showing up on Atlantis, but that doesn't mean that some other alien species might not put in an appearance. Maybe Shep's team gains a glowy octopus.

Comment

I hope they won't use the gate to get to Earth.

I'd like for them to have a ship going Earth->Atlantis->Earth non-stop, dropping off supplies, ammo, and other new fancy technology.

And if they kill off Lt. Ford I'll cry for years.

Comment

The Asgard in Atlantis? I'm not sure how it would work but going by what we've seen thus far in season eight, I wouldn't be surprised.

Great interview, Thor.
                            __

__

Comment

Joe in particular is very good at doublespeak.

I can't imagine an Asgard randomly showing up on Atlantis, but that doesn't mean that some other alien species might not put in an appearance. Maybe Shep's team gains a glowy octopus.
                              Yes Joe is good at doublespeak. Or the Texas two-step as we call it.

I can certainly imagine the Asgard making an appearance in the Pegasus galaxy in some multi-episode story arc.

But no, I can't imagine Thor or Heimdal joining the away team at Atlantis or in anyway becoming regulars on Atlantis.

Maybe they'll stop by and set up a bar or a Starbucks franchise or something. The regulars need a place to hang out.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes

Maybe they'll stop by and set up a bar or a Starbucks franchise or something. The regulars need a place to hang out.

LOL

i have it on the best of authority that there's a starbucks there somewhere....we may never see it, but the animators at Rainmaker were talking about a starbucks and how atlantis needed one
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X