\
    \
    \
    \
    Professor Kelly likened to Miss Marple! love it
    and sparks between her and Jack, oh so funny,
    you could just see him wanting to place her as
    far away from him as possible
    Great first book and i'm really looking foreward to the rest.
    ......TARA......

Comment

Posted elsewhere as well.
      Got the book Thursday and finished reading it today (I do have a full time job as well). I've loved 'Doc's' books in the past although I am a definite Danny whumper fan, her stories are extremely well written and some of the few I will read based around other team members eg Jack getting whumped. This however was definitely team all the way, though Jack was the star, the others had their part to play, helped along by an elderley female archealogist who had some wonderful interplay with the other characters. No ship of any kind except the sea sailing kind! Just a little distant appreciation on Jack's physique which all of us can symapathise with. It is well within cannon, following on nicely from previous episodes and placed early season 7. If you liked Abyss (I won't say more). It cleverly does not change any storyline and can be placed anywhere after Homecoming and before Heroes. An excellent read from start to finish I could find no fault in the writing just the length, can't wait for another I find it difficult to take the PC to bed and can't be bothered to waste paper on ink on fanfics any more so books are the answer.Give it a chance if you have the money.
      Jan t
      jan t

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
        but there's no problems with the credit card? i mean, they change it from pounds to dollars when they charge you, right?
        yes, they do convert it for you. i've bought region 2 dvd's for years and never had an issue
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One other thing, for those of us that want the book. if you follow the link here
          http://www.gateworld.net/news/produc...88313203,60026,

which is embedded in darren's story, then y ou can not only ordfer the book from amazon.co.uk, but gateworld also gets a little nod for sending folks over there.

you can help out two things, doc's books and gateworld, at the same time
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations to Sabine. Trial by Fire is a great tribute to stargate. It's snappily written and the characterisation is great. (I am a longtime Doc fan though). I can't wait for more. The book has filled a long felt need.

As one of the few independent bookshops left in the UK ( and a Stargate fanatic ), I would be only too pleased to send the book to anywhere, and for postage, we only charge for stamps (cheaper than Amazon!!). We accept all major Credit cards etc.

EMail me on [email protected] for prompt service.

P.S. See you all at wolf SG8 (& wolf 10th anniversary).

Comment

(Minor spoilers of "Trial by Fire" ...)

I just read "Trial by Fire" by Sabine Bauer and I enjoyed it very much. The book has a little bit of everything: character moments, action/adventure, mythology, and humor. I think she did a particularly good job with the characters and the team interaction. The main focus is on Daniel and Jack. The story takes place after "Abyss" and it deals with the lingering effects of Baal's torture on Jack, as well as Daniel coming to terms with his role in those events. There are some very insightful and emotional scenes.

The mythology and archeology aspects of the story are quite interesting and obviously well researched. The culture they encounter is based on Phoenicia. They take along an old colleague of Daniel's who's described as a cross between Miss Marple and Conan the Librarian. Her interaction with Jack is priceless!

I'm looking forward to the next book!

Comment

Working...
              X