Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Interview with Pierre Bernard! He talks about SG1's future and new Lowdown!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im so mad out who ever edit that skit on conan were pb get shot by danel i want to see the whole thing now

Comment

Interesting interview. Thanks Thor!

Quote from interview:
      Stagate is just starting to get hot, so that even if it loses some of the current fan base because of the changes, with the new viewers, the interest will only build because it's a new show to them. And according to Robert and Brad they are planning to take the show in an all new direction.

Well Pierre certainly believes they've decided that want to go for more than 9 seasons. Obviously they're making cast changes but the "all new direction" thing sounds like they're actually creating a spin-off by morphing SG-1 into a new show. Hmm.....
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

It was a very good interview. Thank for linking it to us, Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
          Why are they having a Lowdown midseason? Don't they normally have one at the begining of the seasons?
          Last season they had one before the season, but season 6 didn't have one at all; having more this year must be due to the increased popularity of the franchise.

And personally, I disagree with everything he said.
          LOL

Daniel this season has been a joke,
          Why? Because he's been shot several times this season? That's just harmless humor (well, not to Daniel), but the character is still as strong as ever.

the writing for season eight is even worse,
          Worse than what? Shakespeare? Well, that's just unrealistically high expectations. But, if we're to compare to other television, the next most popular franchise, it's certainly not worse than Star Trek, any Star Trek. So, in regards to other seasons: worse than season 7 -- no; worse than season 6 -- no; season 5 -- no; 4 -- not so far; 3 -- not so far; 2 -- no; 1 -- definitely not; worse than Atlantis -- so far, yes, actually (thanks to a single episode), but that's really not a bad thing, as it just means long life for Atlantis. The fact that Stargate's actually making fans as opposed to losing (like X-files by this point) indicates that not many agree w/ that assessment.

they do need more money but they also need better writers,
          Better writers? They're likely not going to ever find many television writers better than Brad Wright. All his episodes have been consistently excellent, w/o any duds. Now, additions to the writing team would be good, it'd take away some of the burden from the rest of them, but replacements would be very very bad; just look at Andromeda to indicate what happens when replacements occur.

we do not need 4 NID episodes when eveything can be explained in one.
          *counts the number of Trust episodes from this season* 2, and 1 quasi-one; and they were just a subplot of the season anyway, since the Trust is one of their enemies. It would be rather credulous to think that they wouldn't try to make any moves at all, and it couldn't have just been done in only one episode since at least one of the others was necessary to set them up as still being a threat that was out there. Personally, I'd still have liked the ending to Endgame much more if they'd managed to blow that ship out of the sky... er... vaccuum.

That doesn't mean anything, he only thinks that is what is meant by adding charaters, but I doubt it is true. Would love it if Ford dies and before he does tells Sheppard how he really feels for him.
          "W/ all due respect, sir, you're an @$$. *dies*"

Yeah, Piere was probably misinterpreting the cast changes; but if they are getting rid of someone, it could be that they'll do so not by killing them, but allowing them to go back to Earth, so they could still be around as a recurring character. But then again, killing a character may be tempting because of the unexpectedness of it, but having the victim be Ford would be too obvious that it'd probably cheapen the shock of it. All I've got to say is they better not harm a hair of Teyla's, or kill off McKay, Beckett or Sheppard (but they can harm those guys all they wish).

And speaking of Teyla, that pic in the interview is yet another reason that Piere is a lucky guy.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

I’m just so embarrassed …. I thought this guy was a character on Conan, not real, or semi-real person.
            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Very interesting interview. I do hope he's wrong about somone needing to leave the Atlantis cast, though, and I think he is. Haven't the whole cast already been confirmed as returning?
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

They all signed six year deals as far as I know...
                "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Heres where you can download the Pierre Bernard skits, and his appearance on Stargate:
                  http://www.chevron26.com/downloads/evideo.html

Just so you know, I registered on this forum just so that I could post this link for you guys. So I hope you enjoy it...(hopefully the link doesn't die or I'm gonna look like an ass )
                  Last edited by Coeus; 23 January 2005, 02:35 PM.

Comment

lol... well in that case, a big thank you

and great interview Thor

Comment

Working...
                    X