Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could have scenes ala Lockdown with the new base commander chatting to Jack on the phone.

We could have a field day listening to the new commander's responses and trying to figure out what Jack's asked him!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by David85
      But they are still going to do Earth based episodes, and even the off world ones Hammond would be seen, and not seeing Jack would just be odd. Just get rid of Jack and move on, or end the show, those are the best two ways out.
      I totally agree with you there. RDA has given a lot of himself to the show. It’s time to let him and the character go or either end the show if TPTB just can’t foresee a show without him. It won’t really bother me if Jack is absent from the show. I’ll still watch unless the writing really goes to hell. I really don’t see recasting Jack going over very well with fans. I don’t want him recast because RDA was the character. No one else can fill those boots. That would be far worse than just writing the character out which they should have done at the end of season 6, imo. If they had written him out then maybe they could have still wrangled RDA into appearing in the major story arcs of future seasons such as Lost City.

I still like the old idea that floats around the board that they should make him the commander at the off-world base. That way he is absent from the screen in a sensible way but not “gone” from the show forever. I just couldn’t accept the fact that Jack is still CO at the SGC but we never see him. That wouldn’t work for me personally. I bet they still get RDA to come back for an episode or two for season 9 at least to give the character a proper send off unless they go the route of the invisible base commander.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Exactly. I will be sad if he leaves, but frankly if they mension him and not completely forgot him except for one episode that ripped off a movie (aka Jonus and the Core episode), I'll be happy.

If they kill him off I will be pissed. I think the best way is to have him as an off world base, we see it once and awhile so he can come back, but if not we can just talk about him.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Oh bother. I knew this day would come. Well, to put my two cents in, I kind of wish the producers would reconsider this whole Season 9 and go back to the DVD movie idea. I mean it's awesome that the show has gone on for as long as it has but... Season 8 just isn't SG-1 to me. Plus with the addition of the new guy -- I'm not too thrilled about that either.

I'm sad to hear that Mr. Anderson is most likely leaving, but I'm glad he's able to move on to be with his family. I respect and look up to him too much to be anything but happy for him.

Will I still watch the show -- maybe. Most likely not. I'm not enough of a SCI FI fan and the dynamics will be shot. I mean, Peter D. of all people should know this. seaQuest went from top notch to rock bottom with the changing of the cast during season 3.

Why shows keep insisting on carrying on -- it's frustrating and disappointing. I have a feeling Season 9 is just to prove Stargate is stronger than Star Trek. To me it is -- it's stronger than any other SCI FI show I've seen. I think they've proven their point. To me, Season 9 should stop. DVD movies. Something all of the cast can be in. Something old school SG-1. Something with the dynamics (and leading man) that so many people have come to love.
          Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

I think it's good that RDA is moving on, it brings up another side of the real life. Sometimes people die and/or leave their job/wife/partner/whatever.

Comment

Working...
            X