Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a Scaper for two years or so, but got bored and stopped watching.

I did however see Prometheus Unbound yesterday, and Vala is AWESOME!

I may watch season nine just for the eps she's in!

As Daniel said about her
    Spoiler:
    'You're a FRUITCAKE!' Before she knocked him out
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Bored with Farscape??? Real Scapers are never bored with Farscape even watching the same episodes for 100 times

Comment

I read somewhere that AT might be missing HALF the season... I can't remember where anymore because of all the "info" coming out, but if she misses more than 5 episodes does that mean the new girl will stay? And if so does that mean the arc will turn into a 10 episode story arc?
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

everything i've heard has suggested 5 episodes
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it could also go like this:
            901: season opener, part 1
            902: season opener, part 2
            These two eps introduce BB
            903: Vala, part 1
            904: Vala, part 2
            905: Vala, part 3
            906: Vala, part 4
            907: Vala, part 5
            908: ?
            909: ?
            910: Carter returns

Comment

Anderson's role in Season Nine undecided
              WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 22, 2004

[mod snip - read the full story at GateWorld]

"If Amanda [Tapping, 'Samantha Carter'] is pregnant and can only be in half of Season Nine, so be it. She is now pregnant -- this is something that has changed in her life. So I understand this, I have a son of my own. This is something that has changed in my life. (He is 8 months old today.)"

[mod snip - read the full story at GateWorld]
              Last edited by GateWorld; 24 December 2004, 10:57 PM.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Several people have mentioned Ben Browder bringing some extra "umph" of audience recognition to Stargate. There haven't been as much talk about Claudia Black in that regard, though she's had prominent roles in a couple of major motion pictures. Claudia Black is a fairly known entity because she's interesting - and casting her bucks the tendency of casting cookie cutter women for the apparently generic "female" role. I'm suprised that the Sci Fi channel hasn't been promoting the heck out of Claudia Black's guest appearance: this is the sort of thing they should try for commercials on network TV.

Later,
                Graculus

Comment

Ben is American, Claudia is Australian. SciFi Channel is an American channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                    Ben is American, Claudia is Australian. SciFi Channel is an American channel.

What does that have to do with anything?

Claudia is good.
                    Ben is bad.

The only reason why they are talking more about Ben is because he's a main charater. Claudia is just going to be in 5 episodes, and probably will kill her off.

I really want to see this 5 episode story and see if they can pull it off.

Comment

Ben is good, at least he was in tandem with Claudia. I agree Claudia is better, and her quality is more rare. I'd like to see Sci Fi draw attention to the fact that it was a coup just to get her for a guest role.

It would be a strange decision to kill Vala at the end of the 5-ep arc, presuming that happens, because that would be eliminating an outstanding resource for the writers. I don't think TPTB will throw her away like that. People who fear Daniel/Vala ship can breathe a sigh of relief, though, because they can be confidant that Vala will break his heart one way or another.

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
                        Ben is good, at least he was in tandem with Claudia. I agree Claudia is better, and her quality is more rare. I'd like to see Sci Fi draw attention to the fact that it was a coup just to get her for a guest role.

It would be a strange decision to kill Vala at the end of the 5-ep arc, presuming that happens, because that would be eliminating an outstanding resource for the writers. I don't think TPTB will throw her away like that. People who fear Daniel/Vala ship can breathe a sigh of relief, though, because they can be confidant that Vala will break his heart one way or another.
                        I'd be shocked if they killed Vala off. I think Claudia has an exotic quality to her (especially her voice/accent) that makes her an exciting addition to a scifi show. I'm hoping this 5-ep arc is a complex and intriguing story that will be left open for Claudia to reappear down the road.

I'm also of the opinion (after seeing PU) that Vala will be used in a manner other than as a traditional "ship" interest for Daniel or Ben's character. I think it's going to be much more interesting than that.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I don't know why, I just have the feeling the writers do not know what to do with her and in the end there will be some huge battle and she will die.

Just a feeling through.

Comment

SG-1 TPTB should invite David Kemper to write some S9 episodes. He'll definitely know what to do with Vala

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                              I don't know why, I just have the feeling the writers do not know what to do with her and in the end there will be some huge battle and she will die.

Just a feeling through.
                              PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE! I hate the idea that the SGC is working together with a psychopathic terrorist! In real live I such things happen every day I suppose, but in my entertainment I can renunciate of such kind of realism.

The only Vala episode I would still watch would be one in which she meets Ba´al and he let her taste her own medicine!
                              Last edited by Hathor999; 25 December 2004, 03:05 AM.

Comment

That's my point, I have a feeling she will die showing that she really was a good guy, and died for the fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X