This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big thx man
    - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
    - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
    - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
      Loved those promos! That last one with Sam in the glasses just cracks me up. She looks so silly. Can't wait to see the reason for them.
      the glasses are from
      Spoiler:
      moebius-its her alternate-timeline self

look at the pics at http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/820.shtml
      MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
        the glasses are from
        Spoiler:

I dont think we know its her 'alternate-timeline' self - but it is in Moebius

Comment

Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drools* The first two weren't as good, but the SG-1 commercial ruled!!!!!!
          sigpic
          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
            the glasses are from
            Spoiler:

Ya, I know it's from Moebius. I was just wondering why she would need to wear them. They look kind of like the ones they wear when shooting Replicators but I doubt that's what they're for in this ep. Guess they'll be shooting up a lot of something.

Comment

I just saw another longer commercial for Stargate: Atlantis about an hour ago. Unfortunately I didn't have a tape recording. I'm hoping thet will run it again.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                I just saw another longer commercial for Stargate: Atlantis about an hour ago. Unfortunately I didn't have a tape recording. I'm hoping thet will run it again.
                Ah...thanks for the heads up. I'll throw in a tape tomorrow and see if I can catch anything new.

Should keep a sharp eye out SciFi Monday, especially as we don't have a Scifi Friday this week due to the Christmas Holiday Movie Marathon.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ok, wow, i'm excited
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
                    Loved those promos! That last one with Sam in the glasses just cracks me up. She looks so silly. Can't wait to see the reason for them.

That's from the last episode of Season 8, the alternate Sam I think.
                    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                      I haven't seen any other commercials yet. However, if there is a new one, let me know and I will be sure to post it with the others.

Stargate Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Spacen
                        I haven't seen any other commercials yet. However, if there is a new one, let me know and I will be sure to post it with the others.

Thank you, Spacen!

I'll keep an eye out (both, actually) for any new commercials tonight.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Those glasses that both AU Sam and AU Daniel are wearing are similar, but different, to what are known as BCG (Birth-control glasses )... Basically, They arent meant to be fashionable, but to be sturdy and durable in rough environments.
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Thanks for the info
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Spacen
                              Hi, Spacen, there were two new commercials, but no new clips in them:

The SciFi Channel ran two new promo commercials for "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" during SciFi Monday. Both commercials used clips from the commercial that aired during SciFi Friday, but had different voice over dialog.

STARGATE ATLANTIS

This promo commercial ran approximately 15 seconds, and was run as an independent commercial.

Voice Over Announcer: "They discovered an Ancient legend…now they'll start a few legends of their own. All new episodes at a new time. Stargate Atlantis premieres Friday, January 21 at 9. Only on SciFi Channel."

The clips that were used were seen in the earlier commercial:

1) From "Rising" the scene of Atlantis, well, rising.
                              2) "beauty" shot of Atlantis, either at sunrise or sunset
                              3) From "The Eye" -- the tsunami breaks against the Atlantis force shield
                              4) From "The Eye" -- electricity flows the corridors of Atlantis
                              5) Dr. Weir staring at a laptop screen
                              6) From "Suspicion," Teyla fighting the Wraith with her fighting sticks
                              7) From "The Defiant One," the Wraith backhanding Sheppard and sending him flying
                              8) From "Thirty Eight Minutes" -- the wraith dart ships leaving from the exploding Wraith mother ship
                              9) From "Rising," the Atlantis team searching Atlantis
                              10) From a new episode, Rodney discussing sending a message to Earth
                              11) From "The Defiant One," Sheppard encountering the jumper ship force field
                              12) Brief glimpse of Sheppard aboard a jumper ship
                              13) Dr. Weir on the ground, looking up
                              14) The SGC Stargate chevron engaging

STARGATE SG-1

This commercial ran with the credits for one of the SG1 episodes, and had an approximate running time of 10 seconds.

Voice Over Announcer: "Stargate SG-1 is back. With all new episodes at its new time. Premiering Friday, January 21 at 8 on SciFi Channel."

The clips that were used were seen in the earlier commercial:

1) From "Full Circle," Daniel speaking with Anubis aboard Anubis' ha'tak
                              2) From "Space Race," a view of the alien city
                              3) From "Full Circle," Jack in the Abydonian pyramid looking for Daniel
                              4) From a new episode, Sam (or RepliCarter) talking to Daniel, saying, "It could unlock secrets of the universe."
                              5) From "Lost City," the cargo ship approaching the lava planet
                              6) A stock footage shot of transporter rings forming aboard a ha'tak
                              7) From "Full Circle," the special effects shot of Anubis' weapon destroying Abydos -- the sand wave

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
                              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X