Large Hadron Collider experiment: Big Bang 2, time machine, stargate for satan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
    Yeah i read somewhere that there is a very small and remote chance a mini black hole could be created and the entire earth could be destroyed.

Oh well, i guess i'll be holding my breath tomorrow.
    It's something like 1 in 1 trillion.

I kind of feel for the scientists doing this. "Remember, if you screw up you could destroy the entire planet. No pressure."

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
      It's something like 1 in 1 trillion.
      I kind of feel for the scientists doing this. "Remember, if you screw up you could destroy the entire planet. No pressure."
      LOL, it sounds so much like what Sheppard would say to McKay. Is Rodney in the CERN now? They I AM frightened!
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

Ok this is just my opinion but i think they have done all this stuff before in secret and are now getting ready to do it for the public because it is soo amazing....but if the world ends, was nice being on these forums

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          LOL, it sounds so much like what Sheppard would say to McKay. Is Rodney in the CERN now? They I AM frightened!
          Then we only lose 5/6th of the planet!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Then we only lose 5/6th of the planet!
              Ah, that's okay then. Not a big lose. 70% is water, anyway!
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                Ah, that's okay then. Not a big lose. 70% is water, anyway!
                HA!

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...sons-that.html

Worst Case: Scientists inadvertently make a micro black hole, and the earth is quickly erased from existence. Just kidding: scientists at CERN and elsewhere have ruled out the possibility that the LHC will create any kind of doomsday scenario. The black holes that the LHC could theoretically create don't even have enough energy to light up a light bulb. On the other hand, the U.K.'s Astronomer Royal put the odds of destroying the world at 1 in 50 million (which puts it in the realm of possibilities but still not as likely as hitting the lottery).

So, no ROdney-like disaster coming soon.... and wow, I do have a chance of winning the lottery! (probably the day before the planet is sucked into a black vortex)

Comment

Though if we WERE being sucked into a black hole... would we KNOW about it? Thanks to the time dilation...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    well, if a black hole has to happen, let's hope it sucks up all the politicians first so we can enjoy a little time without all the rhetoric from 'em
                    Cows apparently face north-south so placing this device in Switzerland was a cunning plan because of all the cow-bells. First thing you'll notice they'll all invert with a tinkle.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        Cows apparently face north-south so placing this device in Switzerland was a cunning plan because of all the cow-bells. First thing you'll notice they'll all invert with a tinkle.
                        I anxiously await the YouTube video!

Comment

They turn this on, yet?

Are we still here?

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Comment

You'll be fine for a few more weeks, they haven't switched on the proton smashing bit yet.

Don't make any plans for Thanksgiving, though.
                            Last edited by smurf; 11 September 2008, 01:27 PM. Reason: photons =/= protons

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                              You'll be fine for a few more weeks, they haven't switched on the photon smashing bit yet.

Don't make any plans for Thanksgiving, though.
                              Well, at least Halloween's safe! *whew!*

Comment

Ha! All those doom and gloom blathers and nothing happened to us! We're still
                                >>>
                                <<<
                                <<<
                                >>>
                                Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 11 September 2008, 08:22 AM.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X