• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johndoe4880 View Post
    michael shanks is going to be on burn notice tonight
    here is the source

he is in the preview on the first page

http://www.usanetwork.com/
    Yep. I think he's supposed to be on several episodes this season. I like Burn Notice...but adding Mr. Shanks will only make it better.
    sigpic
    FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
      Yep. I think he's supposed to be on several episodes this season. I like Burn Notice...but adding Mr. Shanks will only make it better.
      I think he'll be in the last three episodes of the season.

Comment

Zap2It has a review of the episode at:

http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlas...otice-mee.html

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Shanks - Burn Notice: Video 'Bad Blood':

HULU already has the Burn Notice episode, 'Bad Blood,' available for viewing at:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/30453/burn...ood#s-p1-sr-i0

I also have it embedded at my blog.

Michael Shanks guest stars in this episode.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

IMDB has a recap of this episode here.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Unfortunately us in the UK can't see that site...boo hoo!...

Thanks for the link though!

sigpic

Comment

Great episode! MS was great. I love this show.

Comment

SG1- Michael Shanks - Entertainment Weekly's Pop Watch: Review of Burn Notice's 'Bad Blood':

From Pop Watch:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

'Burn Notice' recap: Method acting

Aug 15, 2008, 02:24 PM | by Aubry D’Arminio

**snippage*

I'm a bit chuffed over how I predicted that Sam and Madeline would be bunking together. Though I assumed it would be because Mike sickened of him, his beer, and his chips, not because Madeline needed protection from a crazy new covert operative (Stargate's Michael Shanks) assigned by Carla to "wrangle" our guy. His code name: Victor. His act: insane. His mission: Force Mike to assist with a smash-and-grab heist on a local pier. His vibe: a bit boring, if I do say so myself. "Help us or we'll come after you and your family"? Snore. Didn't Timo already pull this on Trevor last week?

Victor wasn't even a good foil to Mike. He was too predictably unpredictable. You knew he wasn't going to let Michael sever his radial artery with a chess piece and that he was packing fire under the table. You knew if Michael ignored him he'd show up and ruin Michael's job. You also knew he'd want to kill the security guards on the pier, but that Mike wouldn't let him. And you tired of his twitchy, psycho killer act ("The last man who insulted me had to fish pieces of his tongue out of a garbage disposal") and his love of rocking flower patterns in about five to ten minutes...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1- Michael Shanks - IGN: Review of Burn Notice's 'Bad Blood':

From IGN:

(The review author rated this episode with an 8.8 out of 10. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Burn Notice: "Bad Blood" Review

Michael helps a childhood friend find 2 mil...to escape the wrath of Method Man.

by Matt Fowler

August 15, 2008 -

**snippage**

In my reviews of Season Two, I've expressed my dissatisfaction with Carla. And not just as a character - I've even shamefully taken shots at Trisha Helfer's performance. I don't usually like to criticize acting, especially in escapist fun like Burn Notice, but I'm just not interested or intimidated by Carla. I feel like she's actually younger and more inexperienced than Michael, and her sarcastic Food-Court delivery of lines that could otherwise be menacing just makes her feel like a waste. Well, my prayers of more worthy re-occurring opponent were answered this week in the form of Victor (Stargate SG-1's Michael Shanks) - a thuggish operative who's sent to be Michael's new "wrangler..."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Shanks - TV Squad: Review of Burn Notice's 'Bad Blood':

From TV Squad:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Burn Notice: Bad Blood PLUS a TV Squad Poll

Posted Aug 15th 2008 7:35AM by Paul Goebel

**snippage**

As much as I love the larger than life characters on this show, Victor the Wrangler was a little too much for me. I never enjoy seeing brand new characters who talk to the regulars like they are old buddies. I know that's how TV works but if a guy is going to engage in as much douche speak as Victor, he's got build up some goodwill first, or else I'll end up hating him from the beginning. That, however, may have been the point.

**snippage**

Isn't it amazing how things can change so dramatically at the thirty minute mark. Victor's performance for Eddie was a great idea. It's one thing for Michael to be told what to do, but it's a very different thing when he's told what not to do. Victor's dance into the crowd was the perfect button to that scene.

**snippage**

TV SQUAD POLL

Is Burn Notice becoming too much like Mission Impossible?

* Yes

* No

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Shanks - Zap2It: Where Have I Seen Them Before?:

From Zap2It:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Where Have I Seen Them Before?

...Steve recognized Michael Shanks as Victor on Burn Notice. Shanks is Dr. Daniel Jackson on Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.kansascity.com/238/story/767727.html

Missing his hero

Michael Shanks of "Stargate" fame is now Michael Shanks of "Burn
                          Notice" fame, but his new role hasn't netted him a scene with Bruce
                          Campbell yet.

"Guys of my generation, after watching `Army of Darkness' or
                          the `Evil Dead' movies, Bruce becomes a type of superhero to you,"
                          Shanks told zap2it.com.

Shanks also said he's not sure if he'll be asked to do
                          another "Stargate" movie. The Sci-Fi Channel announced this week they
                          will make a movie to follow the fifth and final season of "Stargate
                          Atlantis" in 2009. Shanks has been with the series since
                          the "Stargate SG-1" days.

"If I'm free, I'll jump at the opportunity to do it," he said. "I
                          love working with my `Stargate' family. It was my first big job, and
                          it's been going on for a dozen years now, and it still goes on."

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...urn_noti.shtml

Michael Shanks talks about being on BURN NOTICE
                            excerpts:

"It's great! I love that show!" Shanks said. "I'm not capable of playing too many bad guys in earnest, or even good guys in earnest, in terms of that straight, jaw-clenching type of way. I need them to have a layer of irony to them or something like that. And Burn Notice is the perfect show for that."

Following his convention appearance, Shanks was scheduled to return to Miami for filming of additional episodes of the series, to air later in the season. He told us how happy he was with the character's progression and story arc thus far.

"I think the character is going to be a lot of fun," Shanks said. "To create something from the ground up that is as interesting and as memorable as Daniel was ... There are very few instances that I've had in my career where you get to play a character like that, who gets to have the straitjacket taken off, so to speak. The freedom to be the bad guy and do whatever you want is wonderful. I look forward to exploring that character more."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Funny I just watched the pilot for the first time...He actually got burned in my country
                              1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Working...
                              X