Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Um, er, who is Jonathan Ross??
    I'm not familiar with his show, but I did see Eva Longoria on Regis and Kelly and she was talking about having been on his show. She said that he asked her if she ever farted in front of her new husband Tony Parker. So I'm guessing that his humor is a bit....um....off color?

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Jonathan Ross is the BBC's highest paid TV star. He presents Friday Night With Jonathan Ross which is pretty much the only decent chat show we have over here - its our equivalent to something like Jay Leno or David Letterman. He has an slightly surreal interview style at times but can be very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        You're welcome for the videos

I just rewatched the interview last night and noticed two things. Chelsea wasn't as grating in those 2 or so minutes as the 20 or so minutes I had to suffer through in order to see Joe. I'm afraid I'm more into the Jay Leno type humor than hers, so.... Anyway, I think Joe really just wanted out of there. He fidgeted as much if not more than Harrison Ford did on a recent interview, and didn't make total eye contact with her (as if he was trying to think ... hmm, how to reply to THAT). But I thought he did great and looked, well, damn, the man doesn't shave and still is soooo appealing.

Um, er, who is Jonathan Ross??
        Jonathan Ross is a well known British chat show host. His shows are...well, unique. He's extremely rude, as in well, he can be crude on occasion I guess and his shows are most definitely not for kids, but I find him very amusing, personally. He flirts with the ladies and is quite funny, but he does genuinely interview his guests too. Finds out about them and their work etc... He's a big film and scifi buff, so he knows a lot about who he interviews really. His interviews with celebs, and he gets some very big US names as well as Brits, are very much longer than this one was. A few guests haven't known how to take him, but I've actually been amazed at how some of the big US film stars handle him, because his sense of humour is very British!
        sigpic

Comment

^He sometimes flirts with the men too. He really is pretty shameless.

If you look on Youtube you'll find scores of clips from his show.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
            ^He sometimes flirts with the men too. He really is pretty shameless.

If you look on Youtube you'll find scores of clips from his show.
            I think he quite liked Will Smith, and was a total fanboy around him! I'm a big fan of Jonathan's myself, and I love his interviewing style. I also love his sense of humour and enjoy his show. It's very entertaining, IMO. I'd love to see Joe on that!
            sigpic

Comment

If I remember he gave Tom Cruise a ear and nose hair trimmer when he turned forty,
              Tom looked completly bemused.
              (Sorry a little off topic well ok a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                If I remember he gave Tom Cruise a ear and nose hair trimmer when he turned forty,
                Tom looked completly bemused.
                (Sorry a little off topic well ok a lot)
                Bwahahaha! I have to go look this man up on YouTube.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson3Girl View Post
                  Chelsea loves to make fun of her guests---and herself. Like it or hate it, that's the kind of show it is. Joe hardly strikes me as the poor baby Bambi who didn't know what he was getting himself into. He's a big boy and he can (and did) take care of himself. I thought he did well and I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.....as for David or Amanda handling the situation better.....David and Joe seem to have very different personalities---I don't think David is in-your-face or likes the sound of his own voice---and he may have handled Chelsea and her questions completely differently. So what? So may have Jason and Rachel and Jewel. Variety is the spice of life. Joe did well imho.

Wilson3Girl
                  I agree. I didn't think she was that bad, and I didn't think Joe F came off all that incredibly uncomfortable either. Everyone seemed a bit self-deprecating. When he called scifi fans passionate she pretty much dissed her own show's ratings.
                  And, as long as they're not vocally downright offensive to the people that keep them in a job (the fans), I don't really care whether an actor on a scifi show I like is a big scifi geek. As long as they're cranking out good performances, and not on t.v. dangling babies over balconies I'm all good.
                  My Livejournal
                  I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

Working...
                  X