No announcement yet.

Nbcu: Sci Fi Channel Ranks #6 For 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it's a good point. I just like to see them announce the press releases. We know the numbers for SGA and when we compare them to the network average, SGA is helping the network "BIG TIME" Like Mojana said, SGA has always been in the top 10! 8/10 weeks they were at least in the top 5!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      oh, I scanned a copy of the Wall Street Journal article on DVRs and ratings (Jan 4th) if anybody wants it.
      Are you TRYING to get sued? Scanning newspapers? Sheeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        That is true, Media Savant, but why ignore SGA completely? SGA IS consistently in the top ten for the SciFi Channel. As was SG1 (and the SciFi Channel pretty much ignored them too in regards to off-channel promoting).
        The longer a series is on, the less likely it will get offchannel promotion. They probably think that the franchise has been around so long that people have already made their decisions on it and the advertising would have a low return on its investment. Advertising offnetwork costs money. It has to payout with results or achieve some overall marketing goal of the network's.

MGM has been advertising syndication offline and it hasn't made any difference in the syndication ratings.

JMHO, but I think SciFi Channel shoot's itself in the foot everytime they don't take that extra step to promote SGA.

Morjana
        I just want to repeat that the ad isn't even intended for consumers, but the ad industry and cable industry. Personally, I would have chosen the same four shows in the ad for the reasons I already cited.

BTW--I have the hardcopy of the ad because I (surprise) subscribe to the trade magazine TV Week and that ad is on the back.

The footnote says:

Source: Nielsen Media Research, 1/1/93-12/30/07, Yearly average, most current P25-54 (000)s vs. All measured ad-supported cable networks, excluding ESPN, M-Su 8PM-11PM, Nielsen Media Research 9/12/05-12/2/07 Tin Man Part One Monst Current P25-54 (0000)s vs All Ad-Supported Cable telecasts for M-Su8PM-11PM, excluding sports. Nielsen Media Research 9/17/1993-12/30/07, 4th Quarter Average. Most Current P25-54(000)s vs. all measured ad-supported cable networks excluding ESPN M-Sun 8PM-11PM. Nielsen NPower Program Analysis 4Q07TD=10/1-12/2/07, M-Su 8P-11P, Index of Live + 3 Commercial Rtg. to Live NCCM Duration Weighted Program Rtg., Basic Cable Nets with 70+MM HH's, Nick and ADSM excluded as they air in less than 50% of the M-Sun 8P-11P daypart.

If that doesn't demonstrate who the ad was meant for, I don't know what else does (other than the magazine it appears in).

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
          I just want to repeat that the ad isn't even intended for consumers, but the ad industry and cable industry. Personally, I would have chosen the same four shows in the ad for the reasons I already cited..

Yup, the average TV viewer trying to dissect Nielsen ratings is like the average driver trying to take their car engine apart

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
            The longer a series is on, the less likely it will get offchannel promotion. They probably think that the franchise has been around so long that people have already made their decisions on it and the advertising would have a low return on its investment. Advertising offnetwork costs money. It has to payout with results or achieve some overall marketing goal of the network's.
            Hmm... this is probably the case - adn while it usually does make sense, I would have expected them to be more careful in Stargate's case, as it already showed once before it shouldn't be buried too quickly...
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
            X