full list here
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    ew.com list of the top scifi of the past 25 years

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037541,00.html

stargate no where to be seen on the list

i say send in the wraith or just todd

full list here
    I think this article is a reprint from Septebmer 07 in EW. Gater fans wrote a ton of letters complaining about no mention of Stargate back then.

Well, not only that, but EW had an article in their Jan. 11 issue on "37 Shows to Help You Survive the Strike" and mentioned such sterling productions as American Gladiators, Dance War, Celebrity Rehab, Survivor: Micronesia, Farmer Wants a Wife, Paradise Hotel 2, Big Brother 9, Knight Rider, and Flavor of Love 3 -- but didn't even mention Stargate Atlantis.

I think the editors of EW are scared of scifi.

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 06 January 2008, 08:20 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Well, **** them.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Well, not only that, but EW had an article in their Jan. 11 issue on "37 Shows to Help You Survive the Strike" and mentioned such sterling productions as American Gladiators, Dance War, Celebrity Rehab, Survivor: Micronesia, Farmer Wants a Wife, Paradise Hotel 2, Big Brother 9, Knight Rider, and Flavor of Love 3 -- but didn't even mention Stargate Atlantis.
        Ummm.....er..... Those shows are supposed to help you survive? That looks like a recipe for the opposite.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Ummm.....er..... Those shows are supposed to help you survive? That looks like a recipe for the opposite.....
          I know!

Go figure!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Obviously, SGAisn't half as thought provoking as... big brother. OR Celebrity Rehb. Erm. There's a show called "Celebrity Rehab"?!?!
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Well, **** them.
              Ditto. What do they know, anyway?

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              Obviously, SGAisn't half as thought provoking as... big brother. OR Celebrity Rehb. Erm. There's a show called "Celebrity Rehab"?!?!
              I'm so glad I'm a 'Gate fan!
              sigpic

Comment

This is a re-hash of an old list they posted mid-year (l remember everyone was up in arms about it then too) . After the outcry from readers they posted a follow up article listing their glaring omissions. Farscape, Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1 were listed as the top three.

I was surprised they didn't include Farscape in their list initially, because EW used to give the show a lot of good press back in the day.
                Last edited by Jades; 07 January 2008, 03:28 AM.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  ew.com list of the top scifi of the past 25 years

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037541,00.html

stargate no where to be seen on the list

i say send in the wraith or just todd

full list here
                  I've never heard of EW.

That's interesting, as considering TV.com's poll for best scifi series for 2007 listed Stargate Atlantis with 56% of the popular vote. The closest after was Supernatural with 39%.

http://www.tv.com/special_feature/be...ex.html?page=6
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Wait!

It gets worse!

Look at this letter at Entertainment Weekly!

SGA - Entertainment Weekly Online: An Open Letter to the Sci-Fi Channel

From Entertainment Weekly Online:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/01/scifi-open-lett.html

(Please follow the link for the complete letter.)

POPWATCH BLOG

Keeping an eye on pop culture

Jan 7, 2008, 06:48 AM | by Marc Bernardin

Dearest Sci-Fi,

Why are you not way more awesome?

Don't get me wrong, when you're good—like with Battlestar Galactica or Eureka (and I'll even give you credit for Doctor who, despite that being a BBC show you just imported)—you're a phenomenal destination network. But let's be honest here, there's not a lot of "good" on your schedule. The Stargate franchise is stale, Flash Gordon is a derisible, stillborn remake, and ECW Wrestling is…wrestling! (And I swore an oath never to speak of Who Wants to Be a Superhero again.)

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Wait!

It gets worse!

POPWATCH BLOG

Dearest Sci-Fi,

Don't get me wrong, when you're good—like with Battlestar Galactica or Eureka (and I'll even give you credit for Doctor who, despite that being a BBC show you just imported)—you're a phenomenal destination network. But let's be honest here, there's not a lot of "good" on your schedule. The Stargate franchise is stale, Flash Gordon is a derisible, stillborn remake, and ECW Wrestling is…wrestling! (And I swore an oath never to speak of Who Wants to Be a Superhero again.)

**snippage**
                      how dear somecall stargate stale
                      we will show them to the dart ships everyone
                      sigpic
                      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                      Metal gear fan

Comment

Does anybody REALLY care what this magazine thinks??

Comment

I think this article is a reprint from Septebmer 07 in EW. Gater fans wrote a ton of letters complaining about no mention of Stargate back then.

I think the editors of EW are scared of scifi.

Morjana
                          Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Does anybody REALLY care what this magazine thinks??
                          Yes. American Gladiators, Dance War, Celebrity Rehab, Survivor, Farmer wants a Wife, Paradise Hotel 2, Big Brother, Knight Rider, and Flavor of Love 3 are all high quality shows that shows like Stargate Atlantis and NCIS pale in comparison too.

Spoiler:
                          If you can't detect the sarcasm in that post, then.... god that made me sick just typing that.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Wait!

It gets worse!

POPWATCH BLOG

Dearest Sci-Fi,

**snippage**
                            I absolutely agree with this bit:
                            Why aren't you engaging today's premiere purveyors of genre material and giving them ten episodes to do whatever the hell they want? I'd watch contained, BBC-style series from folks like Neil Gaiman, William Gibson, John Scalzi, Cory Doctorow, Warren Ellis, Charlie Huston, Neal Stephenson, or China Mieville. The names alone would attract viewers by the truckload. And even if what they produced were failures, they'd be interesting failures—marked by reaching too far, instead of not far enough.
                            If I had the sci-fi channel, and they did something like this, I would be glued to it. Even if they were failures.

They're a sci-fi channel for frak's sake! Sci-fi is all about reaching forwards, and they're not doing this anymore!

Comment

Oh heh, EW's gotta eat crow now that SGA scored the PCA! Ha! Or they'll probably just add a snark and say "BSG deserved it".

Comment

Working...
                              X