Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan to appear in WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB on ABC (upcoming)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if they're still doing it, but ABC was airing re-runs of WMC on Saturday evenings. They were up to episode 5 last week, so if they keep it up, this one should come around again in a few weeks.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
      Don't know if they're still doing it, but ABC was airing re-runs of WMC on Saturday evenings. They were up to episode 5 last week, so if they keep it up, this one should come around again in a few weeks.
      Unfortunately, WMC isn't on the schedule AT ALL for the next two weeks.

ABC has their NEW series, Cashmere Mafia, in its timeslot.

Morjana
      Last edited by morjana; 05 January 2008, 11:11 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ick. From the previews it looks like a WMC wannabe, without the action.
        sigpic

Comment

Ick. From the previews it looks like a WMC wannabe, without the action.
          If you mean Cashmere mafia, yes, the networks are cloning Women's Murder Club with quartets of good looking women solving crime or something like that. Bleh....

meanwhile, Joe looked mighty fine in WMC, despite the polka-dot tie

Comment

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
            Wah. Being British I have no way of watching WMC. Missing a whole section of The Flan's fanbase on this side of the Atlantic (you have no idea how hard it is to type that without putting an S at the end...) Oh, and first post here - hello
            Welcome, muffinnuffin!

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Unfortunately, WMC isn't on the schedule AT ALL for the next two weeks. ABC has their NEW series, Cashmere Mafia, in its timeslot.
            Thanks for the ongoing tips, morjana. Joe had decent screen time as the FBI Guy, but I honestly thought this was not one of the better episodes. Overall writing/acting felt flat. I hope we'll see more John Ash of course, but wonder if ABC will continue with the series even if the strikes (WGA and SAG next?) resolve soon.
            Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              If you mean Cashmere mafia, yes, the networks are cloning Women's Murder Club with quartets of good looking women solving crime or something like that. Bleh....

meanwhile, Joe looked mighty fine in WMC, despite the polka-dot tie
              Yep. That's what I was talking about. And yes, Joe looked great in this. I'm hoping we'll see more of him, when the show resumes.

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
              Welcome, muffinnuffin!

Thanks for the ongoing tips, morjana. Joe had decent screen time as the FBI Guy, but I honestly thought this was not one of the better episodes. Overall writing/acting felt flat. I hope we'll see more John Ash of course, but wonder if ABC will continue with the series even if the strikes (WGA and SAG next?) resolve soon.
              I think they will. It seems to be doing well ratings wise, and on a Friday night, so I don't see why they wouldn't bring it back if the strike is ever resolved.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep. That's what I was talking about. And yes, Joe looked great in this. I'm hoping we'll see more of him, when the show resumes.

I think they will. It seems to be doing well ratings wise, and on a Friday night, so I don't see why they wouldn't bring it back if the strike is ever resolved.
                From what I've read it is doing okay in the ratings but not doing well in the "key demographics" and that's what is holding ABC back from picking it up. Before the strike started they had only ordered 13 episodes so I think it's touch and go as to whether they bring it back.

And even if the strike ends tomorrow (which lets face it is unlikely), and they do make more WMC eps, Atlantis starts filming at the end of Feb so they'd probably have to write Joe's character out earlier than they intended.

Comment

As much as I like to see Joe do other roles, I'd rather see him as Sheppard.

Does anyone know if he got to do that remake movie Shattered? It was suppose to film during the hiatus.
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                  GateCon Attendee 2008
                  Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                    As much as I like to see Joe do other roles, I'd rather see him as Sheppard.

Does anyone know if he got to do that remake movie Shattered? It was suppose to film during the hiatus.
                    I do like him a LOT as Sheppard so given my choice, yup, stay on in that role as long as the show continues!

As to SHATTERED, I believe I read a con report that Joe said that the movie was tied up in some legal limbo at the moment.

Comment

Just for info (as Joe isn't mentioned - ACK! The humanity!):

SGA - tvjots: 'Women's Murder Club' Closes Season One

From tvjots:

http://www.tvjots.com/2008/01/womens...eason-one.html

'Women's Murder Club' Closes Season One

Angie Harmon and Team Call It a Wrap

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                        And even if the strike ends tomorrow (which lets face it is unlikely), and they do make more WMC eps, Atlantis starts filming at the end of Feb so they'd probably have to write Joe's character out earlier than they intended.
                        I thought Joe did a great job in the first full episode for his character so it'd be a shame if that happened.

Ah well...such is life!

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                        Originally posted by prion View Post
                        As to SHATTERED, I believe I read a con report that Joe said that the movie was tied up in some legal limbo at the moment.
                        From the vid of the Auckland con last year, I seem to remember that he said that as this is a remake of an earlier movie, they'd come across a problem with the rights but MGM had told him it should be sorted out and that they hoped to start filming in the new year. Don't know if that's happening or not though!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          Just for info (as Joe isn't mentioned - ACK! The humanity!):

SGA - tvjots: 'Women's Murder Club' Closes Season One

From tvjots:

http://www.tvjots.com/2008/01/womens...eason-one.html

'Women's Murder Club' Closes Season One

Angie Harmon and Team Call It a Wrap
                          It doesn't sound completely hopeless. After all, its not like CBS has tons of shows waiting in the wings at the moment.
                          sigpic

Comment

It doesn't sound completely hopeless. After all, its not like CBS has tons of shows waiting in the wings at the moment.
                            Um...Women's Murder Club is on ABC, that article is a little bit confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                              Um...Women's Murder Club is on ABC, that article is a little bit confused.
                              I hope they were wrong about the rest, Josie. WMC is a good show and should be continued if ABC has got any sense. Unfortunately, it could mean that Joe's character will be written out aready.

According to ABC's website, the next episode hasn't been scheduled yet. That doesn't sound like the series is being cancelled. My guess is the delay is purely to do with the writers strike and nothing more.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                                I hope they were wrong about the rest, Josie. WMC is a good show and should be continued if ABC has got any sense. Unfortunately, it could mean that Joe's character will be written out aready.

According to ABC's website, the next episode hasn't been scheduled yet. That doesn't sound like the series is being cancelled. My guess is the delay is purely to do with the writers strike and nothing more.
                                The next episode hasn't been filmed yet, hence them being unable to schedule it. Okay I won't even pretend I understand the American ratings system but as I understand it there were 13 episodes of WMC ordered in total but they only filmed ten before the strike hit, they may go back and film the other three episodes or it is possible that they'll use the strike to cancel it earlier. It all looks to be pretty much up in the air.

Having looked around online the thing I keep seeing time and time again is that it performs poorly in the "key demographics", apparently the audience skews older than the network would like but then its a pretty old fashioned, by the numbers cop show airing on a Friday night, what did they expect?

Either way with no end in sight for the strike and the commencement of production of season five looming ever closer I wouldn't expect JF's character to play a major role in proceedings even if it does return.

Though lets face it with the ongoing writers strike and the possibility of the SAG and the DGA striking in the summer it's anyone's guess what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X