This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC says goodbye to Apple, hello to Amazon

Amazon customers can download the pilot shows for new series, such as Bionic Woman, and Chuck, free of charge and in advance of their network premiers. Other shows will will be available on Amazon Unbox the day after they air. Amazon and NBC Universal are offering a range of packages, including a 30 percent off deal when purchasing a complete season in advance.

NBC Universal and Apple engaged in a public relations battle last week. The spat started when NBC announced it would not renew a long-term contract to offer TV shows for download on iTunes because Apple wasn't offering favorable enough terms.

In response, Apple said it wouldn't sell NBC's shows for the upcoming season.

not sure if this will effect SGA or any future stargate project http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-97...?tag=cnetfd.mt

More on the subject from New York Times
    -

Comment

Lord, they moved to Unbox, a terrible platform and I would bet money it will be more than $1.99.

sigpic
      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

So they dumped the iTunes service, which works on both macs and windows, for Unbox, which only works on windows, has a more restrictive TOS, and is overall a bigger pain in the ass to install and run?

Wow, great decision!

Comment

I'm happy about it. i don't have itunes and i do have a amazon account so now I can download episodes finally

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
            Lord, they moved to Unbox, a terrible platform and I would bet money it will be more than $1.99.
            still 1.99 http://www.amazon.com/Heroes/dp/B000..._rd_i=46053011

at least heroes is

Comment

Working...
            X