This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jace021903
    For anyone who is interested, the author has posted the opening pages in her live journal:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/jul...00.html#cutid1
    Just read it, it sounds very good. Pity, its too expensive for me.
    Dogs are my favorite people.
    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

Have read the first chapter last night and laughed at the characterisation. So far thoroughly enjoying it and can't wait to get back to it tonight.
      jan t
      jan t

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
        If I am going to read a novel of Stargate, I will be reading what I'm writing. Because I have been planning on writing a novel for quite some time.

I even have a story that I think many will love. But I am not going to give any details just yet!

I'm from the US of A so it will not be British whatsoever.
        The hardest thing about writing an SG:1 book is capturing the characters correctly. That's my most important goal.

You're going for the novel too, eh? Well, make room for me cuz I'm trying as well! I guess there might be a USA publisher in the works, so it won't be as hard to appeal to the British pallet. I have yet to getmy hands on any of the UK published books, but "The Price You Pay" is great -- I sort of read it in one sitting... yes, I have no life -- or at least I have yet to find one on the shelves at the local Walmart...

You're right about capturing the characters -- it's hard to try and do it for an early season too -- as I'm trying to do. Best of luck!
        Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Half way through Sacrifice Moon and am still really enjoying it. Fair amount of Jack whumping but looking forward to the whumping coming up.
          jan t
          jan t

Comment

Finished it (that's my problem read too fast when's the next one out?). Will re-read at Halloween when I feel it will really spook me out. Very good read, created quite an atmosphere about the planet visited. Enough whumping all round to keep everyone happy and great team interaction. I wasn't too sure I was happy with the author trying to come to terms with why we understand everyone, I am quite happy to think it is one of those production things that can't be explained in 40 minutes. Anyhow I am very happy with the two books that have come out so far, it was certainly a good idea to go to the fans for some good fiction, just hope they come on thick and fast.
            jan t
            jan t

Comment

Just started reading my copy and so far it's
              great, funny in places and i feel as if i'm
              being taken back in time and looking in at
              when they first came together as a team.

At the back of the book is the intro to the
              next book called "A Matter of Honor by
              Sally Malcolm.
              Is she a well known fic writer?
              ......TARA......

Comment

whats the intro like? a quick gist of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Firecast
                  whats the intro like? a quick gist of it?
                  It looks like a creepy story and the part i've
                  read deals with Jack waiting for the rest of
                  SG1 and Jack feels spooked with thoughts going
                  through his mind like this place gives me the
                  creeps and the whole place stank of decay and
                  something worse.

It sounds like a good read as well
                  ......TARA......

Comment

I've read and adored every fanfic that Julie Fortune has written (you can find them posted online) as well as all of her pro novels (some under the alias Roxanne Longstreet, or Roxanne Conrad etc. etc.) and loved them all. A great choice for an SG-1 novelist!

Comment

well theyre looking for fans to do this stuff lately...
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                      X