This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhhhhhh! I want I want I want!

Unfortunately I doubt I'll get to have. Maybe....if I sold off the nine seasons I already own, and it gets nicely discounted, and I got some Christmas money....
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I'll buy the collector set if Threads is the longer version. I currently don't have any episodes of SG-1 on disc.

Comment

Studios do this all the time, especially when a series ends. Of course they don't expect every fan to rebuy 10 seasons. They do it for completists, for people who only have a few seasons, and for those who haven't purchased any yet and are willing (or have been waiting) to get it all at once.

They're a company that is [*gasp*] trying to make money by selling its product. And frankly, the better Stargate sells, the more movies and future episodes we will see get made.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

unless there bloobers i'[m not buying

Comment

Figures... I just bought the first 9 seasons less than a year ago.

It does make sense though, that they wouldn't sell just the bonus discs, because I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who will buy the set for only that reason.

Cheers,
            Liz

Comment

What a Rip Off.

The price is great for those who are just now buying DVDs, but I have Seasons 1-9 already. I am not spending $300.00 for a gag reel and a few more moments with Joe Mazolli (sorry if I mispelled the name). The "mythology" specials aren't that great either.

To me, people have to consider how often they watch the extras. I'll watch deletes scenes and a gag reel occassionally, but I don't care about the fifteen weeks needed to create the wart on the alien's nose. I want to watch the show, and I can do that without spending another $200.00.

I'll spend money for episodes and movies, not for extra stuff that isn't the show.

mamasue9: The Season 8 DVD has the full version of Threads but not the short one. MGM mixed it up at first, but if you waited a bit, they figured it out.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

300 bucks an unbelievable price What a rip-off!!! Since I already have S1-8, this means I'll actually pay 300 bucks for 2 seasons + some extras! Thanks but no thanks! I wouldn't have S9-10 even for free... Guess TPTB at MGM are really trying to squeeze every penny out of the franchise and the gullable fans...

Comment

Start EBAYING them off now before word spreads of the full set!!!!

Comment

A rip-off? Less than $30 per season for our favorite show?

It's actually a very good deal ... you just don't need it. If I buy 5 gallons of milk and then see milk on sale for $1.99, it's not a rip-off.

MGM isn't trying to milk fans who have already invested in buying individual seasons of the show -- they're selling their product, and for a damn good price.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Wow this is great. I only have one season of SG-1, season 8 with the short version of Threads. I always like these complete sets.

The question is, should I buy this set, or wait a few years to see if they release this set on High-Definition.
                      sigpic

Comment

If I didn't already have seasons 1 - 9, I'd buy this instantly. As it is, though, I'll probably wait and see if they release an HD version.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...es_comin.shtml

FARK.... 4 all new bonus discs? What if you already own all teh seasons

edit: lol sif already have a thread in another folder the link on the news article takes you to this folder ;p
                          Last edited by Agent_Dark; 10 July 2007, 01:47 AM.

Comment

it's mine all mine i'll be buying it. nice thing is that it will hopefully be in one big case to hold all the dvd boxes

Comment

the last season will better have that blooper disc they always talked about otherwise i as a fan who already has all the seasons will be unhappy

Comment

I'll buy it and then I'll buy AoT
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X