This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    Each and every article I read from this woman just makes me dislike her more, is she really that insensistive?
    Not insensitive, but just honest. She's not making fun of anyone or putting Torri down... The fact is that Torri is being put aside for a season and Amanda is stepping up. I don't think Amanda has any reason to appologize for being written into this situation... Blame the writers.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
      Not insensitive, but just honest. She's not making fun of anyone or putting Torri down... The fact is that Torri is being put aside for a season and Amanda is stepping up. I don't think Amanda has any reason to appologize for being written into this situation... Blame the writers.
      Er, producer/writers, and probably somebody at Skiffy However, Torri being removed from regular status is, I doubt, just a 'season' thing. Unless Carter doesn't work out, which seesm doubtful. However, season 5 has to get greenlighted and that all depends on season 3 back 10 episode ratings, which aren't great right now. of course, maybe if SciFi PROMOTED the show it might help.

Comment

Popped in here out of interest, only to find a bunch of bickering. Please stop the sniping, and keep on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
          Or even the network itself. The actors, especially without producer credit, are probably on the lower rungs of the power structure.

It's sort of like blaming Ben Browder when he was brought into Stargate for "displacing" Carter. That stuff happens in real life, not just tv life.

I didn't hear Tapping diss Higginson or anything else...where's the insensitive part?

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
            Or even the network itself. The actors, especially without producer credit, are probably on the lower rungs of the power structure.

It's sort of like blaming Ben Browder when he was brought into Stargate for "displacing" Carter. That stuff happens in real life, not just tv life.

I didn't hear Tapping diss Higginson or anything else...where's the insensitive part?
            Agreed! AT actually said there's no ill feeling at all, ie, they're all grown ups and know how the business works! People are taking this way too personally. In business people come and go all the time, it's a fact of life. In the TV world your character gets axed and someone fills the void. That's the way it goes. Can't blame AT for taking a job. I'd do the same in her place. I couldn't care who had the job before me, if someone offers me a job and I want to take it, I would, and I'd do what's best for my career and my family without hesitation. I can't believe anyone could possibly say someone's insensitive for saying you're coming in when someone's left - whatever the circumstances.

As for saying you don't like an actor the more you read interviews with them? Hmmmm, that's bordering on disrespect and just smacks of the good old sour grape phenomenum.

I too think Carter will be promoted to full bird Colonel. General is out of the question, I understand from friends in the Air Force, as you have work your way through the ranks to progress. I'm interested to know the timing of the events. Does Carter go away just for a few episodes, or within an episode, and then come back to assume command? This is very interesting news!
            sigpic

Comment

Linzi - I agree with everything you said... cept for that small bit.

As for saying you don't like an actor the more you read interviews with them? Hmmmm, that's bordering on disrespect and just smacks of the good old sour grape phenomenum.
              How differnet is it from people readnig interviews with TPTB and saying in response they sound smug and full of themselves or whatnot? If a person is being interviewed and presents certain views you disagree with, or perhaps sayign things in a way you feel is inapropriate, you usually end up respecting them less - just like reading interviews can make you respect (and "like", at least their public image) more (I, for example, love David Hewlett more adn more with every interview I read of his). Actors aren't sacred - they're people, they can make mistakes, they can be disliked by other people - although disliking someone you've never met is silly - and they can reflect on themselves unfavourably in interviews...
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

How differnet is it from people readnig interviews with TPTB and saying in response they sound smug and full of themselves or whatnot? If a person is being interviewed and presents certain views you disagree with, or perhaps sayign things in a way you feel is inapropriate, you usually end up respecting them less - just like reading interviews can make you respect (and "like", at least their public image) more (I, for example, love David Hewlett more adn more with every interview I read of his). Actors aren't sacred - they're people, they can make mistakes, they can be disliked by other people - although disliking someone you've never met is silly - and they can reflect on themselves unfavourably in interviews...
                True enough, however I have yet to see an interview by Amanda Tapping where she has said anything bad or has put herself in an unfavourable light. If some one has seen such an interview please provide a link.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't seem to have any problems with Carter being in Atlantis as a scientist, but to command the Expedition replacing Weir isn't in my preferred tastes.

I suppose we will wait and see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    True enough, however I have yet to see an interview by Amanda Tapping where she has said anything bad or has put herself in an unfavourable light. If some one has seen such an interview please provide a link.
                    I can't say I've seen it either. From everything i"ve seen, she sounds like a wonderful person. I just dont' want Carter on Atlantis. Nothing personal, like who we have, but I'll adjust, I think.

Comment

T'wasn't aimed at Amanda Tapping, tho, but a general comment.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

considering that 'in an unfavorable light' is a subjectiver term and some people take mortal offense to teh fact that AT is even still on the show....people will take offense as it suits them to take offense.

Folks hate the actress and the character. so be it. There is no one that is universally loved and adored.

You have asked for 'proof' that will never be proven because it's all subjective and open to an individual's perception and personal predjudices.

And it'd be off topic in this thread, which is about the tv guide interview, not other interviews.

If a person's posts annoy you, use the ignore feature, or just don't read them.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

I think you make good points here. There's absolutely no reason anyone should like an actor/actress from an interview, and I'd agree, they certainly aren't sacred. It's fine to dislike too, if one feels so inclined. I just think it's polite to really keep those sort of comments out of public forums. I mean none of know any of the actors well personally, well, it's possible someone does, so it just seems judgemental to say you dislike someone when you don't know them personally. That could be just me though. I thought it was an honest and plain speaking interview, though a tad short!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            I thought it was an honest and plain speaking interview, though a tad short!!!
                            Yea me too, I wonder how much of it was cut out?
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

So anywho.... I also think that She'll be upgraded to a full colonel.

And she doesn't need to be a Brg. General in order to run Atlantis. The original military leaders in Atlantis (Summner?) was a Colonel... as are Shep and Caldwell.

Comment

Well speaking just for myself THIS interview puts Tapping in an unfavourable light. She sounds self-centered, insensitive and very false.
                                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X