This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Spiderman 3 could make things interesting as far as ratings go. But hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Wow, I had no idea it was this weekend.

Ratings: to boldly go as low as no one has gone before!
    Er.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      Wow, I had no idea it was this weekend.

Er.
      I suspect Spidey 3 will be THE movie of '07 judging from all the press and chatter on it. I'll wait till the people who MUST see it do so, and then catch it on a matinee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        Er.
        I've never laughed at something before only to have sadness come right after. ....
        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Here is an article about overall TV ratings and why they maybe down this spring:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn..._viewers__ER:1
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
            I just think it's rediculous that people are big enough fans to seek out a website dedicated to stargate online, and talk in the forums, but aren't big enough fans to watch every week no matter what... There's a big gap in logic there...
            because they don't like it? fans are passionate. fans make friends with other fans. some fans have reputations precede them (so much so that cast/crew recognize them). so
            maybe they love talking about about the good 'ol days, analyzing/discussing plots, technology, characters, and/or relationships, etc. or maybe they're just having fun with their friends. just because you love the (some part(s)) of show/fans/cast/crew/etc doesn't mean you enjoy the current seasons.
            And i never said he wasn't, nor did i call anyone names, i specifically said that i wasn't reffering to anyone in particular so know one would get up in arms about it... it was a carte blanche statement.
            :cough:she:cough:
            As for a True and Loyal fan, i don't think it is crap. I think if you consider yourself a true and loyal fan you should watch every week to keep the ratings up, and you should take an active interest in getting the show renewed for further seasons. And that's the difference between a true and loyal fan and a casual fan/viewer, imo.
            i'll always love the show for the great moments it's given me from '97 to '05. i'm passionate about it, good or bad. i love GW most of the time. and i watch, but not because i'm loyal, but because i'm an eternally hopeful masochist.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
              Here is an article about overall TV ratings and why they maybe down this spring:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn..._viewers__ER:1
              That was interesting Redhooks...thanks.

People are watching shows by other means these days...that's for sure. Whether it's the main reason why ratings are lower, well, probably the only way to find out is to go around the homes of Neilsen families and ask them!

I thought it was interesting though, that in last month's 'SFX' mag (UK's top selling scifi journal) they had a Reader's Poll for Best Show. 'Heroes' came in at no.6. 'SFX' said 'This is the first show ever to make it into the Best TV Show Top Ten (let alone Top Five) before it had a UK transmission.' They then added '...clearly a lot of you had holidays in the States at the end of last year!!'

Food for thought though!

Comment

Anyone hear anything about the ratings for the 5/3 eps..The Shroud and Tao of Rodney?
                sigpic

Comment

We heard only about the number of the viewers and asx we counted back the episodes got 1,2-1,2. The offical rating will be available on Monday.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Why didn't Darren post the ratings for "TOR" or "Shroud" ? Are TPTB putting pressure on GW not to release that info ?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      I suspect Spidey 3 will be THE movie of '07 judging from all the press and chatter on it. I'll wait till the people who MUST see it do so, and then catch it on a matinee.
                      It is big because of the money they spent in big action scenes and advertisement. The movie sucked compared to the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                        Why didn't Darren post the ratings for "TOR" or "Shroud" ? Are TPTB putting pressure on GW not to release that info ?
                        My guess would be either he's trying a "let's just not post them this week" strategy, OR they were officially the same as the week before, and thus didn't warrent a news bite.

Comment

We'll post the data as soon as we get it.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            We heard only about the number of the viewers and asx we counted back the episodes got 1,2-1,2. The offical rating will be available on Monday.
                            Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Thanks for the info. I'll keep a look-out for the numbers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

OR that

Comment

Look even though ratings are down in my eyes the show's still great and Atlantis and BSG ect

Comment

Working...
                                X