Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was nice for Scifi's press release to say "SCIFI.COM ORIGINAL CONTENT" because all of the site ideas listed before that were ripped from the new MGM sites.

Personally the site is lacking something, a Mark Stern hate page. A place where SG1 fans can come together, and tell Mark Stern how much of an ******* he is for cancelling the show.

However it seems that the Chicago Tribune comments section has turned into that nicely enough.

"Sci Fi channel having a tribute to the show THEY killed is like Jeffrey Dahmer holding a banquet in tribute to the people he ate."

I loved that bit.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Not forever. But another season would have been nice to wrap things up properly. At least IMO.
      Well, no, I've actually seen some posts where a couple fans have said they want the show to last forever....

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Not only the fans, but the SG crew thought too there will be a 11th season. I am thankful for the SciFi Channel for the last 5 season, but now I am disappointed. They made their best season imho and they deserve a tribute.
      The show deservse a tribute, sure, but for Skiffy, the folks who said uh uh, we got our 200 episode, you're out the door, they're being very hypocritical in running the tribute.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      It was nice for Scifi's press release to say "SCIFI.COM ORIGINAL CONTENT" because all of the site ideas listed before that were ripped from the new MGM sites.

Personally the site is lacking something, a Mark Stern hate page. A place where SG1 fans can come together, and tell Mark Stern how much of an ******* he is for cancelling the show.

However it seems that the Chicago Tribune comments section has turned into that nicely enough.

"Sci Fi channel having a tribute to the show THEY killed is like Jeffrey Dahmer holding a banquet in tribute to the people he ate."

I loved that bit.
      Well, that one sentence about sums up a lot of fans feelings about what Skiffy did to SG1. While no show lasts forever, and SG1 was getting tired (hey, it looked that way to me), killing it on the day of the 200th episode premiere was the ultimate in having no class. But then Skiffy thought Trippin the Rift was prime stuff too ...

Comment

Sci-fi gave us 3 more years of SG-1. For that I am grateful. Season 9 and 10 was going to be Stagate Command. They placed it under the same name for that big record they had to claim. The show cancelled right at the 200 mark. The record breaking mark.

I'm gratefull we got up to season 8 with Stagate. But I feel as if season 9 and 10 should have been a new show to begin with. Season 9 and 10 should have been season 1 and 2.

So, to me...this is just another plug in for that record title they recieved. I honestly don't think they would have renewed the show past season 8 (which was written as the last season) if they didn't have that carrot dangling before them.

To me, Skiffy used the Stargate name to gain a record that they did not start in the first place. The show was started on showtime.

The programs on Skiffy are below par and the creature features are just B-movies. Wrestling, soap operas and Law & Order do not belong od sci-fi.

The channel is marketed as a science fiction channel. It is sold to customers as a channel that carries science fiction. All science fiction/fantasy. By carrying the non genre programs the channel has dooped the customer into buying a product we don't want. Like going to a store and picking up a box of mac and cheese. Get it home to cook and find out that instead of mac and cheese, the box is full of stuffing mix.

Well, sci-fi is full of stuffing mix and a few gizzards!
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          Sci-fi gave us 3 more years of SG-1. For that I am grateful. Season 9 and 10 was going to be Stagate Command. They placed it under the same name for that big record they had to claim. The show cancelled right at the 200 mark. The record breaking mark.

I'm gratefull we got up to season 8 with Stagate. But I feel as if season 9 and 10 should have been a new show to begin with. Season 9 and 10 should have been season 1 and 2.

So, to me...this is just another plug in for that record title they recieved. I honestly don't think they would have renewed the show past season 8 (which was written as the last season) if they didn't have that carrot dangling before them.

To me, Skiffy used the Stargate name to gain a record that they did not start in the first place. The show was started on showtime.

The programs on Skiffy are below par and the creature features are just B-movies. Wrestling, soap operas and Law & Order do not belong od sci-fi.

The channel is marketed as a science fiction channel. It is sold to customers as a channel that carries science fiction. All science fiction/fantasy. By carrying the non genre programs the channel has dooped the customer into buying a product we don't want. Like going to a store and picking up a box of mac and cheese. Get it home to cook and find out that instead of mac and cheese, the box is full of stuffing mix.

Well, sci-fi is full of stuffing mix and a few gizzards!
          Yup, Skiffy seems to always forget that Showtime footed the bill for five years on Showtime, and Skiffy picked up it after Showtime decided five years was enough. I get so tired of them calling SG1 'original' programming when it's not. SGA is original as it was created on Skiffy, but SG1, nope, uh uh.

I don't think fans detest the fact that SG1 got a few extra years - just that Skiffy is leeching off the fans with a celebration (and this after they axed the show). i'd love to see SGA go to USA Network instead of scifi. Reception is better, for one thing!

Comment

Working...
          X