This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    As someone outside looking in--I would view the protest as bring back Carson because we love him. That doesn't make sense to me.

yes the title of the campaign is save carson beckett. We do love him because Paul plays the character so well! Paul is getting attention as well.

The title of the campaign when daniel died on SG-1 was save daniel jackson not save michael shanks!!!!
    Its the same thing
    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
    sigpic
    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Our lucky 13th press article!!!

From the Vancouver Province

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...744f15&k=83579

sigpic
      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

cool! another success

i am going to the London expo on 26th may to support paul and his character! cant wait
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
          To me it could mean they wanted a female doctor and needed Carson out of the way. So Sunday was a bi-product or a means to an end, not a ratings stunt. JMO.

Apparently at the set tours in Van., Martin Gero said it was not "story related," whatever that means.
          It could also be a publiciity stunt for reviewing's sake - "dark" shows get good reviews, and "dark" shows kill cahracters, and sometimes that keeps them on the air - look at BSG, they managed to get renewed with falling ratings, and I woudln't be surprised if a part of it was due to the favourable reviews.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!

This just in:

In an very exciting announcement, the Save Carson Beckett Campaign is thrilled to announce the resurfacing of Dr. Carson Beckett, played by Paul McGillion, for a few episodes in the later half of season 4. In an exclusive interview to the Save Carson Beckett Campaign, show runner Joe Mallozzi held true to his word. You can see it ALL at:

But this is by no means the end everyone, we are still fighting for a full comeback in season 5, but we would like to say thank you to Joe for this news. And a BIG congrats to everyone of you supports, we couldn't have done it without you!!!
            Last edited by Jenner8675309; 09 April 2007, 08:49 PM.

sigpic
            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Ahhhhh....this must be that big announcement Joe was going to...announce tomorrow or Wednesday.

Well, there's nothing I can do now except to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! to the Save Beckett people, and the fans who have benefitted from this compaign (me included; thanks guys!). You've done the fandom a great service.

EDIT: Oh, and that link is slightly off; it's 2 t's at the end, not 1.

Comment

Hahaha, I got too excited I suppose in my announcement...

fixed

sigpic
                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

If you don't mind, I'm going to start a thread in the Season 4 folder for this news.

I'll wait for your go-ahead (or not; either way it's fine with me) before doing it though; goodness knows you guys deserve this little tidbit.

Comment

LOL, go ahead, I have spammed the rest of GW, I'll add to it once you start it. Its good to have other fans help spread the word!!!

sigpic
                    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

yay!
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Woohoo!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Thanks Joe.
                        Last edited by Kliggins; 09 April 2007, 11:01 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...rn_to_atlantis

SFX Magazine have already followed up the SCB site announcement!!!! Word is spreading fast! Dont forget to leave a comment when you read the
                          article!!!!!

**happy dancing**

Comment

Well Done everyone!!!
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Look everyone, ANOTHER article on the SCB Campaign and the successful announcement!! This makes number 15!!!!

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...6-1ee842a6c54f

sigpic
                              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

As for the 'boxers' stunt, for crying out loud women, get a sense of humour. We know Paul found it hilarious. It was MEANT to look like mooning, no flesh was bared, it stayed completely within the realms of common decency and the press bloody loved it (which is why we did it).
                                Mooning... Hey nobody told me we were supposed to be mooning, my aim was to eclipse the sun *grins* Gotta agree with the comments raised here its got to be taken as fun or there is no way I would have agreed to have mine, the largest butt in the whole picture circulating some press rooms. I personally was already out there for the convention so It wasn't a trip across the world for the rally.

I'm twenty and none of that stuff means anything to me, gas prices this and that, I dont drive. I'm worried about the world we live in, worried for future generations but I've only just stopped being a kid and becoming an adult I had never been to any kind of rally before. This was just fun supporting a wonderful actor and person Paul McGillion.

I say great work to the SCB'ers, they were completely professional at all times and I think this shows in the way the press has picked up various aspects of the story.

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X