Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have NTL and ive seen the adverts saying were going to lose it, im realy unhappy about this, i dont mind about the new seasons because there are methods of retrieving them but stuff like reruns and other shows..im losing the tv channel that has sustained me through the past 5 years, i really hope this doesnt happen, if it doesnt well be swapping back to SKY.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i have also seen the ads but in the end i think NTL:Virgin will have to cave and here is why

some of those who have premium packages(movies, sports music) would probably move to sky

however those on the basic package if SKY 1 is lost then freeview is a much better option than NTL:Virgin

Comment

Just when the fan base is screwed over enough times, it just keeps occuring.

Comment

A spokesman for Sky stressed that negotiations are at a very early stage and "Sky has always sought wide distribution for its basic channels and we aim to achieve a positive outcome to these discussions".
          I wouldn't start sending dead animals just yet...

Comment

Sky One is the only cable channel I watch, and I only have it for Stargate. I can't afford Sky at the moment, so if NTL stops showing Sky One, I'll get rid of cable altogether.
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

It's a good thing I've got Sky in my room. True it would suck if NTL Didn't get Sky One because NTL digital is also in this house and I watch Sky One and Stargate (i'm watch The Game right now) and I would be disappointed if I was unable to watch and surf.

I wouldn't be surprised if such a move lost customers, because as it's been said by sueKay "Sky One's about the only decent channel left on British TV!". All it would take is people to realise getting Sky would be cheaper than staying with NTL and then NTL would be screwed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                It's a good thing I've got Sky in my room. True it would suck if NTL Didn't get Sky One because NTL digital is also in this house and I watch Sky One and Stargate (i'm watch The Game right now) and I would be disappointed if I was unable to watch and surf.

I wouldn't be surprised if such a move lost customers, because as it's been said by sueKay "Sky One's about the only decent channel left on British TV!". All it would take is people to realise getting Sky would be cheaper than staying with NTL and then NTL would be screwed.
                Well when Scifi screwed us it's one thing, but now you guys are getting screwed too. Man it sucks. At least sky satelite suscribers are ok.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I dont know what everyones worried about Sky One wont dissapear of cable, Sky would never want to lose a possible 4.5 million viewers that cable subsribers provide. If anyone who is on Telewest remember a few years ago when they fell out with Viacom over the kids channels and they eventually sorted it.

The companys are just trying to get the best price possible.
                  STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                  legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I'd rather give my money to Richard Branson than Rupert Murdoch so I ain't switching...I'll buy the DVDs instead if the worst comes to the worst
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've been thinking about changing to sky for a longtime anyway, this only gives me the extra push, skyone is one if not the main channel I watch.

Comment

well if Sky One is taken off NTL, my uncle will be shifting. He'll just get another Sky Box and have it added to my subscription so in the end, he'd be annoyed in general by the loss of Sky One rather than SG1 or SGA.

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        I'd rather give my money to Richard Branson than Rupert Murdoch so I ain't switching...I'll buy the DVDs instead if the worst comes to the worst
                        Turn the darkside, you know you want to. Afterall, NTL bought Virgin Mobile, not the other way around so Branson shouldn't be getting anything from you so there is upside

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient View Post
                          Not all UK cable TV loses out, I have Telewest.
                          Telewest and NTL are now Virgin Media, so it will affect you, I called Virgin Media up, and they advised that they are in negoations with Sky at the moment, also Virgin Media did not put that Advert up Sky did.

As Sky played hardball and managed to get the UKTV channels (Virgin Media channels) at 75% less charge, and now Virgin Media are trying to do the same and Sky do not like it.
                          sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Its about time Sky got some competition, hopefully Virgin will win this one.
                            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                              Its about time Sky got some competition, hopefully Virgin will win this one.
                              well hopefully they will, otherwise i don't know what to do, as cannot get sky down my road, cannot get BT.

Also Virgin media is releasing a new channel soon, which does have some US shows, but not sure on what shows there are yet, it will be on channel 119 for cable custs.
                              sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                                i have also seen the ads but in the end i think NTL:Virgin will have to cave and here is why

some of those who have premium packages(movies, sports music) would probably move to sky

however those on the basic package if SKY 1 is lost then freeview is a much better option than NTL:Virgin
                                I caught the end of one of these adverts but thought I had misheard, but unfortunately it seems I didn't.

The only reason I have cable is pretty much for sky one and sport, so if this goes through then I will be phoning sky, plus i really fancy a sky+ box anyway.

Stupid Virgin, i hate using their companies anyway (not very good for workers rights!!)
                                I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Working...
                                X