Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM PR: AoT MOVIE news and S:C MOVIE news (slightly more detail)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    The third series will be sprung from the 2nd movie--The Continuum. Even the synopsis has a major plot hole in it.
    You sure that isn't just fan-speculation? That hasn't really been officially addressed. Or if it's been mentioned, it hasn't been confirmed.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu View Post
      Personally I'd much rather see two movies dealing with the Ori storyline. I always felt that the Ori had three years in them - 9, 10 and 11 - but no more, otherwise it'd just be going over the same ground.

One movie to finish off what could be another year sounds a bit short.

I also don't like the sound of Continuum all that much, but Ba'al being a major factor in it does sound good. I like Ba'al.

BYE
      I would have liked more of the Ori too. But, I guess we just have to take what we can get.

As for Ba'al in the second movie, I think it will be great. I've always enjoyed his character, and over the seasons, I think he's gotten better and better. I can't wait to see the havoc he will cause in this movie.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
        You sure that isn't just fan-speculation? That hasn't really been officially addressed. Or if it's been mentioned, it hasn't been confirmed.

Oh it's real; Gateworld says that they're from MGM itself.

Of course, story elements can still change from now to the time it's completed.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Of course, story elements can still change from now to the time it's completed.
          No doubt. Things like that happen all the time.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I would have liked more of the Ori too. But, I guess we just have to take what we can get.
            Exactly. We could be getting nothing. No S11, no movies, no closure to the Ori storyline. We cannot be greedy here.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            As for Ba'al in the second movie, I think it will be great. I've always enjoyed his character, and over the seasons, I think he's gotten better and better. I can't wait to see the havoc he will cause in this movie.
            I just wish it wasn't a time travel. I do feel like it'd be another Mobius. Anyway, Ba'al is very cool, and more of him is better. He's great in Quest 2 (if you've seen it - if not, you'll love it).

BYE
            Last edited by AlphaBlu; 15 January 2007, 08:34 PM.
            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

We've speculated in the past that the writers may use the second movie to set up the third TV series, based on comments made in the past by MGM and the producers about the role of an SG-1 feature film.

This week I think they pretty much ruled that out by emphasizing in the EPK interviews (StargateSG1.com) that Continuum is a stand-alone that's intended to demonstrate the viability of regular stand-alone SG-1 movies direct to DVD.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                We've speculated in the past that the writers may use the second movie to set up the third TV series, based on comments made in the past by MGM and the producers about the role of an SG-1 feature film.

This week I think they pretty much ruled that out by emphasizing in the EPK interviews (StargateSG1.com) that Continuum is a stand-alone that's intended to demonstrate the viability of regular stand-alone SG-1 movies direct to DVD.
                Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to jump up and claim fact when I wasn't quite sure meself. Thanks for clearing that up for us .

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  How can there be plotholes when all you have in terms of a plot-description is a little paragraph?

Does not compute...
                  Well, you see we have all watched this show before. Plot holes big enough to drive a bus through! Some episodes have had my family rolling on the floor, we do tend to cut them some slack though if the story is good enough.
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Plot Holes, the unfortunate by product of most sci-fi films and tv... Unless of course you are Babylon 5 or currently (most of the time) to new BSG.

So yeah, I know there are going to be plot holes in the movies, as there are in the series, and have been since day dot... It's all a question of whether or not the show has the ability to let me suspend my disbelief so they don't stand out there naked in the rain with a neon sign...

That to me is what remains to be seen. Well at least to my pragmatic self. My other self, the self that doesn't really care about this as long as I am entertained, just really wants to be entertained with some characters I have grown to love, in a setting I enjoy, with a story that flies... That's not to picky me don't think.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

The so called film spoilers telll me absolutely nothing as to whether they'll be good or not. Each brief synopsis hardly say anything particularly rivetting.
                      The second film sounds like fluff.
                      I doubt all but the faithful few left would bother with it. Baal is a lightweight hasbeen and a joke. Just shows how totally out of ideas tptb are with their use of timetravel generic plot number 12.
                      The thing is the films are likely to be only 90 mins each. That's just 2 episodes in length.
                      I can already hear the screams of fans complaining of the Ori story being 'rushed' to its conclusion.

Comment

Movie two starts to sound less like Meobius, good.

As for hte first.... my problem is that they're going to try adn put a whole season's worth of story into two hours. o matter how smart a writer you are, it always comes off bad. Look at Serenity and Peacekeeper Wars. I suspect it would have prolly been better had they changed everything they wanted to do and just find a way to tie all loose ends.... but I'll remain hopeful til I watch it.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          Movie two starts to sound less like Meobius, good.
                          Strange, I never really had the feeling that the second movie sounded like Moebius. Now (after reading the press release) I have.

As for hte first.... my problem is that they're going to try adn put a whole season's worth of story into two hours. o matter how smart a writer you are, it always comes off bad. Look at Serenity and Peacekeeper Wars. I suspect it would have prolly been better had they changed everything they wanted to do and just find a way to tie all loose ends.... but I'll remain hopeful til I watch it.
                          If one asked me if (in hindsight) I would prefer a Season 7 of SG-1 or just Lost City The Movie, I'd go for the movie.

On the other hand, you're right (IMO). Peacekeeper Wars was so full of story that it never really took the time to reflect about what's happening (which contrasted what's been done in the TV show, which I guess was 70% of just reflection). And it took me several viewings to see if Serenity was a good addition to the TV series DVD box - although I think it didn't suffer in tying up the TV show; it only had some weird moments that tried to tie up the open relationships between the characters. And it had to attract viewers to pay for movie tickets.

The dangers are obviously there, but the addition of a special feature to bring potential DVD buyers up to spead outside of the movie and the possibiliity for more movies seem like Stargate SG-1 won't suffer Serenity's fate (as much).
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                            Strange, I never really had the feeling that the second movie sounded like Moebius. Now (after reading the press release) I have.

If one asked me if (in hindsight) I would prefer a Season 7 of SG-1 or just Lost City The Movie, I'd go for the movie.

On the other hand, you're right (IMO). Peacekeeper Wars was so full of story that it never really took the time to reflect about what's happening (which contrasted what's been done in the TV show, which I guess was 70% of just reflection). And it took me several viewings to see if Serenity was a good addition to the TV series DVD box - although I think it didn't suffer in tying up the TV show; it only had some weird moments that tried to tie up the open relationships between the characters. And it had to attract viewers to pay for movie tickets.

The dangers are obviously there, but the addition of a special feature to bring potential DVD buyers up to spead outside of the movie and the possibiliity for more movies seem like Stargate SG-1 won't suffer Serenity's fate (as much).
                            While I do agree with you about season 7 and Lost City ()... it's a bit of a differnet issue - they dind't pursue their storyline for the maority of season 7, so in effect, nothing that happened in the rest of the season had any conseqeunces of the movie. Seasons 9/10 are differnet, and I suspect it's going to show.

Yes, the bit about a seperate documentry does reassure me, tey won't bother making it non-vieweraccessibble and thus waste all the time they have on exposition This could have been one of Serenity's problem, the effort to make it acceissble to peopel who didn't get to watch the show.

...on another note, I'm also not to thrilled with the description of the first movie as "actino packed". Two many flashbacks to Flesh and Blood come to mind. RCC is a very strong writer and my personal favourite on Atlantis, but he writes the quiet drama much, much better than the big explosions.
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

First movie sounds great! As for the second... all is good...except for...

BAAL SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most pathetic snakey little girly dope of all Goa'uld ever! What do the producers see in that character?! We're bored of pissweak bad guys, let's get some evil we can sink our teeth into! [Ronan Dex sux as well... apart from these two losers, the franchise is fantastic!]

PS: for years the writers claimed we would learn more of the Alliance of Four... BS! Where is this purported storyline? It would have made a much better, more fan-friendly film. I'm frankly shocked that the franchise has had no mention of the Nox since season 3! In order for me to truly be at peace with the show, the aforementioned storyline MUST be addressed!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X