Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for the new series, well, i guess ill have to won't I. There are just so many possiblities the new series could provide. I hope the new series is based on an International Stargate Program, that way, the show would still be based on Earth and would allow for characters from SG-1 to take part and for Atlantis to have a connection back to earth, which i feel is an important part of the show.

Please, please, please. Don't have the new series based on a ship and its crew, and i don't want to see a series about past events, like the history of the anceints. As long as the new series isn't based on either of those 2 conepts, it should do great.

I have faith in the production staff, they haven't done wrong by the fans so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
      Nothing to important to say, just want to be part of this thread before it gets to 100 pages.

I think its cool that they're making a 3rd series. Trek made 5 installments (6 if you could The Animated Series) and only the 5th one was horrendous. The rest were each good in their own way. (Ok, they started slipping with Voyager, but at least it made it 7 seasons.)
      If we count Infinity (the animated series), this will be the 4th Stargate series.

Comment

I think that the main characters should be Dr. Keller (Jewel Staite), Vala Mal Doran (Claudia Black) and Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) and some 1-2 new character. I would like to see Colonel Abe Ellis (Michael Brach) and Baal (Cliff Simon) as recurring characters.

I hope that the new show will bring back the old exploration feeling. I don't want to see new and more powerful bigger. I would like to see the Milky Way. Different nations, little local wars, new races. etc.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The best news since the cancelation. I really hope the new spin-off will see the light and the plot should be away from anything we seen in SGA and SG-1. A new enemy, a new fresh cast which will means a new personal stories. A new location which will mean new stories. Also a new time location: maybe somewhere in the future or somewhere in the past, durring the ancient times and e.t.c

This is such a victory for us, the fans. First we will have rest of the current seasons of SG-1 and SGA next year, then we'll have a Atlantis 4th season and both direct-to-DVD movies in the fall of 2007. 2008 will come faster with all of this.

p.s. I hope Atlanits will be renewed for 5th season, so we'll have again two shows running in 2008
          sigpic
          Freedom for the Bulgarian medics in Lybia

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            If we count Infinity (the animated series), this will be the 4th Stargate series.
            You can count the cartoon if you want, but i wish to wipe it from all memory, it was just a cheap attempt to make money off of the stargate name.

Comment

If it is true, it is a very good news. I just hope it is not just an announcement, like NASA does when it needs money.
              I think about two stories:

- an INTERNATIONAL CIVILIAN expedition team is sent to the Asguard galaxy, to learn about their civilisation. Suddenly, there is a new ennemy and they help the Asguard to fight it.

- an INTERNATIONAL CIVILIAN expedition is sent to the now completed midway space station, and for one reason or another, they are stuck there. Coincidence or not, a new ennemy which reign on the planets between the two galaxies find the intergalactic bridge system very interesting and wants it at all cost (I read in the French scientific magazine Ciel & Espace (Sky and Space) that about one fifth of the stars in the univers are outside galaxies. Given the number of stars in the universe, a lot of stories can be written).

A few suggestions:
              - No militaries, enough with militaries. A civilian expedition, with one brain per body rather than one brain per commando, is far better.
              - More realistic on certain things: seriously, if it was up to me, Sheppard would have been court-martialed a long time ago. Keeping him military commander when he don't obey to a direct order from a General is not realistic.
              - An INTERNATIONAL expedition, with people from other countries clearly visible at screen, not dying the firsts, not being stupid or cowards (I remember season 9's "the scourge"... ). With the Deadalus class ships being payed only by the US (which is not fair), if the other countries involved in SG didn't pay a large part of it, Stargate Command wouldn't even have enough money to pay the electric bill.
              Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                One easy thing for them (the SG-1 production people) to do would be to rebrand SG-1 and have the new show being Stargate Command. I, for one, wouldn't be against this. They can keep Mitchell and Vala and introduce new characters while DJ, Sam, and Teal'c can be recurring characters.
                I would prefer it to be DANIEL and VALA spin-off with Mitchell, Sam and Teal'c as recurring characters
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                  I would prefer it to be DANIEL and VALA spin-off with Mitchell, Sam and Teal'c as recurring characters
                  This is a good thing. I like Daniel/Vala relationship but using old characters will limite the new spin-off. I think the best way is to invite all brand new characters in the show due the possibility of new relationships and situations and I'm sure the writers will do that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StratoBOB View Post
                    This is a good thing. I like Daniel/Vala relationship but using old characters will limite the new spin-off. I think the best way is to invite all brand new characters in the show due the possibility of new relationships and situations and I'm sure the writers will do that.
                    Vala is definitely NOT THE OLD character. And exploring HER universe would be really great idea.
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Vala is definitely NOT THE OLD character. And exploring HER universe would be really great idea.
                      Well,I'm also one of those who will miss Daniel/Vala relationship but to be guaranted long live for the new spin-off I'm sure the developers will use a brand new base and a brand new cast with some guest apearnces from the SG-1 cast, maybe only in the pilot.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is great news

I wonder if they need a good looking Australian 38 yr old guy with a black but quirky sense of humour.

maybe Maca (me) can be the next jack

Comment

yer I agree following say Vala and tealc or danial around would be cool

Comment

Me too. I am just not interested in a new show with all new characters. Stargate SG1 is the show I fell in love with, I have watched the odd episode of Atlantis but it is second rate compared with the original. Copies always degrade the more you make.

TPTB will bring in cheap unknown actors, some people might grow to love them, then by the third or forth season it will become too expensive to make and they will start killing them off. Been there done that!

They must think we are all like sheep, that we will watch any old rubbish as long as they throw the name Stargate in there somewhere. Talk about milking it!

I also suspect that Cooper will have a large hand in this, good enough reason to give it a miss i.m.o.
                            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I like the idea of a ship based series, I mean travelling around the universe to the places where the Stargate doesn't go, like Tollana and the 'meaning of life' planet.

More Vala related fun would be cool too. Or go to a part of the galaxy where we are forced into a full on war, large military forces put into the battle, nukings etc.
                              Disliked a recent episode?
                              Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                              The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                                Movie spoilers:
                                Spoiler:
                                The Ori storyline will be resolved in the first movie followed by a 2nd movie with time travel. I don't think the third series will have anything to do with the Ori.
                                Correction: The CLIMAX of the ori storyline, not its resolution. Even if we defeat their armada and use merlin's gadget on them, their story is not even close to be finished. I would be mortified if they were knocked off that easily.

U assume too much

Comment

Working...
                                X