Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a show with the laid back feel-goodness of Atlantis with the giddy new discoveries of SG1's early years with a mixed Military/Civilian team and *more* aliens rather than our 'token' aliens.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

"the new series is in the concept phase"

Do you know how many proposed TV series never make it past the concept stage?? I'll hold off celebrating until funding has been approved and contracts signed.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        I want a show with the laid back feel-goodness of Atlantis with the giddy new discoveries of SG1's early years with a mixed Military/Civilian team and *more* aliens rather than our 'token' aliens.
        and a show that doesn't kill off main characters ever season

or disappear

Comment

Yay! Can't wait.

Wonder if it will be a tie in to the second movie coming out.
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Well, this is excellent news, it looks like Sg-1 Could live on indefinately if thats what theyre doing (just changing names).

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Why not just watch BSG instead? I wouldn't bother with a Stargate show if they followed the kill 'em off, dark attitude of BSG.
              Exactly (no offense intended to BSG fans).

What I want this spin off to be? What would make me watch it?
              I'll watch it if the following happens:

- the cast is a bunch of unkown/relative unknown actors (like they did with Atlantis. No big names, no actors who had previously other leading roles)

- not based on Earth or anything related to the Milky Way (I don't want SG-1 version 2)

- not based on the Pegasus Galaxy (we already have Atlantis for that)

- brand new enemies (NO Ori, NO Goa'ulds, no Wraith, etc)

In short, I'm interested in another Stargate show if they do something new like they did with Atlantis in 2004: new cast, new Galaxy and new enemy. I'm not interested in a remake of SG-1 or any other show.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Comment

i hope its not based off the second movie that involves time travel... not a big fan of time travel.

Comment

hope it's not on scifi channel

Comment

I hope they bring in some SG-1 characters too!
                    I get the feeling that the two SG-1 movies are going to be like Star Trek Generations and Nemesis in purpose, except way better.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
                      Yay! Can't wait.

Wonder if it will be a tie in to the second movie coming out.
                      I bet it will. Be a good way to do it IMO.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well the leader is bound to be air force like usual and atleast 1 alien to show em around...maybe apollo is the ship who helps them out

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post

I hope they bring in some SG-1 characters too!
                          I get the feeling that the two SG-1 movies are going to be like Star Trek Generations and Nemesis in purpose, except way better.
                          NO........

completely new cast the new show has to learn to stand on it's own IMO

Comment

No airforce please! (unless it's ship based)

Comment

My theory...

It could be a 'Space Station' type show (like Babylon5,DS9), and the space station would be the current sg1/sga midway space station for the intergalactic gate bridge, which is being built at present, but isnt finished yet.
                              Coincidence?... i think not

The space station could be used to explore a 3rd galaxy by adding more gates or using a ZPM etc..
                              SPACE MACGYVER!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45YqOin2sg

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                So, Gateworld's revealed that a new Stargate series is in EARLY production, and I guess I'll start a thread about it.

Link: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...ei_serie.shtml

Comments? Worries? Complaints?
                                *squee* I am so excited. I can never get enough Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                                X