Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to go to this but I swear I'm still drying out from last Wednesday, and that's just going from the car to the office!! The wind and driving rain reminded me of what I don't miss about the UK's weather with the January storms!! Also my colleague at work drove to downtown Vancouver on Wednesday and it took her over 2 hours(normally a 30 minute drive) to get back due to fallen trees and floods blocking many roads. If this happens again on Sunday, I don't fancy being stuck in traffic trying to get home.

As much as I would love to see Michael, Chris and the Stargate itself, if Sunday is anything like Wednesday I can't bring myself to stand about in that!

I will leave it to the more hardy ones amongst us to do that and let us know how it went.

Comment

we were lucky and it wasn't raining today. lexa, michael, chris and gary was there. mike brought his kids with him. like three jaffa on each side of the blimp and they just passed right by

Comment

I as was the start, Georgia and Boroughton. I followed them all the way to the end. Somewhere before the turn I yelloed "SG-1 rocks!!" Micheal, Lexa and Gary laughed or smiled. I know Lexa laughed. Then when the float left stopped at the end (where there was no one around) i asked the jaffa group for a pic, then i go to be in the pic(with a staff^^) and then i got my pic taken with micheal and lexa, and then chris. didn't get one with gary though =(

Comment

That. Is. Awesome.

SG1 rocks indeed.

Comment

Simon!!!! I'm so jealous of you, how could you not invite me!!!! AHHHHH!!! It's ok, I got your pix and that satisfies me, LEXA DOIG IS MY HERO AND the hottest actress in Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              That. Is. Awesome.

SG1 rocks indeed.

too bad Amanda Tapping wasn't there

I hope the Atlantis crew is there next year

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                I as was the start, Georgia and Boroughton. I followed them all the way to the end. Somewhere before the turn I yelloed "SG-1 rocks!!" Micheal, Lexa and Gary laughed or smiled. I know Lexa laughed. Then when the float left stopped at the end (where there was no one around) i asked the jaffa group for a pic, then i go to be in the pic(with a staff^^) and then i got my pic taken with micheal and lexa, and then chris. didn't get one with gary though =(
                thats so kewl thanks for sharing!
                Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Just popped in to post before I crash to bed with serious jet lag and tiredness.... .....but it was well worth the trip....The Parade was fabulous and the weather was great....all those scares of rain and gale force winds completely forgotten as the sun came out and shined for the whole thing....

I've put our pics up on my pb account but they're not that good.....we were a bit too far away on Michael, Lexa and Gary's side and then did a mad dash round to get to the other side for Chris.....

Pics Here

I wish we could have followed it right to the end but sadly we had to dash back to the hotel to check out and get to the airport for our flight home....but we had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back to Vancouver next March....

Deeds xx *off to bed now*
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    Just popped in to post before I crash to bed with serious jet lag and tiredness.... .....but it was well worth the trip....The Parade was fabulous and the weather was great....all those scares of rain and gale force winds completely forgotten as the sun came out and shined for the whole thing....

I've put our pics up on my pb account but they're not that good.....we were a bit too far away on Michael, Lexa and Gary's side and then did a mad dash round to get to the other side for Chris.....

Pics Here

I wish we could have followed it right to the end but sadly we had to dash back to the hotel to check out and get to the airport for our flight home....but we had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back to Vancouver next March....

Those are great deeds thanks for sharing
                    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Pics Here

Love the pics, Deeds! Michael is in black w/the hat, right?

Thanks so much for sharing!

Comment

Pics Here

Thanks Deeds - I just returned from London and have a bit of jetlag myself
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Korean Turtle, those pictures are great. Now I'm kicking myself for not going. The wretched sun came out as well just to annoy me even more when it was too late to go!! Thanks for sharing those and to Deeds for yours, battling jet lag to bring them to us all!!!

The group of Jaffa posing for their picture cracked me up. Just looked so funny, normally when you see them they are conquering and vanquishing in the name of their God, it's like you caught them having a break from invading Vancouver. I just had this vision of Baal turning up and shouting at them to get back to work!!!

Is it just me or didn't the article in the Vancouver Sun say that the Stargate would be on the float too? I didn't see it and it's something you can't really miss!!! I suppose it was because of the threat of wind and rain that they decided not to risk it?

Comment

there's no way you can put the stargate on the float. When I went to the Atlantis gateroom set for the Haunted Halloween tour, the gate there was huge. So they wouldn't have been able to put the gate on the float.

Comment

Korean Turtle, I love your pictures! I especially like the one of you and Michael and Lexa. The jaffa guy behind you all looks like he is planning out the best way to attack the Marriot. Perhaps they lost his reservation.
                              Last edited by Callista; 21 November 2006, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Pics Here

thanks for sharing the pics deeds

Comment

Working...
                                X