This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I know it's often difficult to put an exact date on a project, but a lot of us have conventions coming up and are anxious we'll be away when the book is announced and will miss our chance to buy it. Even a rough idea of when this might happen would help - if it's not in the next two weeks, just knowing that would help all the people going to GABIT, Avalon, the German con...

Hope you can help,

findo

Comment

$200 is a joke right?
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Too expensive... and no, it's not a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          * These books are autographed. While we won't be able to accommodate specific autograph requests, we can guarantee that every book is autographed by at least one main cast member of Stargate SG-1 and one producer.
          I'm predicting online book swaps once these become available.
          "Willing to swap book signed by Browder for book signed by RDA" etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Findo View Post
            Hi,

I know it's often difficult to put an exact date on a project, but a lot of us have conventions coming up and are anxious we'll be away when the book is announced and will miss our chance to buy it. Even a rough idea of when this might happen would help - if it's not in the next two weeks, just knowing that would help all the people going to GABIT, Avalon, the German con...

Hope you can help,

findo
            I agree, as I would be very willing to pay $200 for the book. Sheesh, I've been to Vancouver 3 times in 14 months, am leaving for the UK in 2 days and will be back in Vancouver in March, with perhaps a side trip to Utah in December. I've spent sooooooooooo much money, another $200 won't put me in the poor house, I'm already there.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

We hope that there won't be any problem putting the books on sale before Christmas, but I doubt that it will be within the next two weeks. It's possible, but I doubt it.

The price tag is a bit of a gasper, I know. But the studio and I went back and forth a bit and decided that this is a good value for collectors, and that hopefully we won't have any trouble selling out. We'll see how it goes, obviously.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

after so thought i really want this book i hope i'm online when it becomes available

before everyone else gets a copy the price isn't a big deal
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

$200??? Damn.....that's too frakkin' expensive for me. As much as I would love one, I can't afford that. And.....by the time I am able to afford it.....will be all sold out anyway.
                  Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 14 November 2006, 06:08 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                    $200??? Damn.....that's too frakkin' expensive for me. As much as I would love one, I can't afford that. And.....by the time I am able to afford it.....will be all sold out anyway.
                    well, i suspect a number of books sold will end up on ebay very quickly.

i'd love to actually see the ENTIRE book, not just a few pages, before even considering putting down that kind of money. as it is, the cash will probably go toward something more useful like...car repairs!

Comment

Thanks for answering Darren...not quite as reassuring as I'd like though!

>The price tag is a bit of a gasper, I know.

I'd just like to point out that I wasn't one of the people gasping about the price. Okay, it's not cheap but I'd rather have the chance to buy it than not, and I like the charity donation aspect.

What bothers me is if people really are going to buy it just to sell it for more money on eBay. They would be stopping someone else buying it for $200 so they can force them to spend even more. I can't see any practical way to stop folk from doing it but I do think limiting people to one copy each would help.

I agree people may well swap books to get the auto they want, but that doesn't hurt anyone so I say good luck to 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Findo View Post
                        Thanks for answering Darren...not quite as reassuring as I'd like though!

>The price tag is a bit of a gasper, I know.

I'd just like to point out that I wasn't one of the people gasping about the price. Okay, it's not cheap but I'd rather have the chance to buy it than not, and I like the charity donation aspect.

What bothers me is if people really are going to buy it just to sell it for more money on eBay. They would be stopping someone else buying it for $200 so they can force them to spend even more. I can't see any practical way to stop folk from doing it but I do think limiting people to one copy each would help.

I agree people may well swap books to get the auto they want, but that doesn't hurt anyone so I say good luck to 'em!
                        Unfortunately, ebay is here to stay, as are people who will buy a limited edition item just to jack up the price enormously on Ebay. I mean, how many of the stupid Playstation 3s people are standing in line for will end up on ebay? Probably a lot. Only 400,000 were sent to the States and some people are just *desperate* to get the game (although I can't fathom why, honestly).

Still, before I entertain seeing it, would love to see it. How about making a video clip of someone thumbing through the book and then we can see the whole thing!

Comment

With such a limited press run, will there be limits on how many books someone can order? I want to buy two (one for myself, and one for a friend who wants one, but won't be around to order when it comes out).

Comment

Which charity will benefit, and do we get a tax receipt?

Comment

Not sure if anyone has asked this, but any news on a sale date?
                              *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                              Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by helen450 View Post
                                Which charity will benefit, and do we get a tax receipt?
                                To my knowledge, the book purchase is not tax deductible since Stargate Productions and GateWorld will each be making the charity donations. Check with your financial advisor, of course.

Charities have yet to be determined, though I know the studio has their set of favorites.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X