Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, my! I want one! But, I know I won't have the money for it. I can just see the horrify looks on my parents' faces now for spending $200 for one book. Why did I have to see and hear about this book just when I cut my spending expenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
      Oh, my! I want one! But, I know I won't have the money for it. I can just see the horrify looks on my parents' faces now for spending $200 for one book. Why did I have to see and hear about this book just when I cut my spending expenses?
      $200 for a college textbook, I can understand. I saw this book on ants once, fantastic book, THICK, intensive. Was $90. I'd buy that first as well, it's more than just pretty pictures I'd love to be able to see this SG1 book before even considering plonking down that kind of cash.
      Last edited by prion; 09 November 2006, 04:02 AM.

Comment

its is a wee bit expensive but it is a collecters item just wished they would have more of them and i would get it

Comment

It sounds really interesting! Yeah $200 is a bit steep for me as well, but I might be able to swing it...

Just hope that if I do, they won't sell out before I can purchase one! And I'm with prion - would like to see some previews from it before deciding.

Comment

Christmas, everyone!

Comment

Excuse me while I faint. Hmmm I guess a fainting smilie is a bit far fetched?
              Too bad we need a new washer and dryer. I'm not fond of using a bucket with a rock and water to wash clothes with.Though it's tempting
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Christmas, everyone!
                Ah, Christmas . . . My parents used to only spend $200 each on all of us (4 total), but since we all are over 16 years old now (with two moved out of the house) and my parent's recent divorce/separation, I doubt they would buy me this book. They've been fighting over money as it is. **sighs** Hmm, maybe I can sneak this a Christmas gift to myself.

And I would also love to see some previews of the book.

Comment

200 is a bit high since that is the same amount at the added set tour in vancounver or the price of a brunch and one photo opp. I really don't believe that the books were made to defray costs since 1000 books being sold at 200 each is much more than it would likely cost to make the books. However, at least a small portion will goto charity even if that means that whoever sells the books gets a tax deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                    200 is a bit high since that is the same amount at the added set tour in vancounver or the price of a brunch and one photo opp. I really don't believe that the books were made to defray costs since 1000 books being sold at 200 each is much more than it would likely cost to make the books. However, at least a small portion will goto charity even if that means that whoever sells the books gets a tax deduction.
                    Well, I can see making 1,000 books to defray costs because the lower the print run, the higher per book price. Quantity gets you a cheaper per item cost, but you need to sell off the rest to recoup the initial outlay.

Shouldn't the person who buys the book get a tax deduction?

Comment

What I was trying to say was that by mass producing the book and then donating a portion to charity, the net cost to produce the books for the cast/crew could wind up being a microscopic amount if anything.

Comment

$200 is a bit steep but if the timing is right I might be able to pull it off. Can't count on my family as they think my enjoyment of Stargate is a tad bit silly - blasphamus of them I know
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

$200 ...i could easly afford it with my own money but ....yikes
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            $200 is a bit steep but if the timing is right I might be able to pull it off. Can't count on my family as they think my enjoyment of Stargate is a tad bit silly - blasphamus of them I know
                            My family also thinks it's a tad silly to spend as much as I have on Stargate, or even the amount of time I spend talking about the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
                              My family also thinks it's a tad silly to spend as much as I have on Stargate, or even the amount of time I spend talking about the show.
                              Haha, yeah same here. I think I'd rather spend the $$$ on completing my DVD collection.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying the book, then turning around and selling it on E-bay. As fort he release date, someone mentioned christmas. Does that mean it is released on Christmas, or released in time for christmas. If anyone has an exact date, i can schedule a time to sit down and order the book before it sells out.

Comment

Working...
                                X