This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enigma111 View Post
    Sorry to say but i just got a letter from parcel force, you will be chanrged tax and clearance fees. Mine came to a total of £28.37.
    Hi!

I just got my book today, and like you I got hit by the VAT.
    There is nothing you can do about the Parcelforce charge but you can get the VAT back. Books are rated as VAT exempt, what you need to do it send the customs people proof of what the item is, invoice etc, and also the customs sticker. They will pay you back the VAT.
    I would advise calling first to make them aware of your problem.

I hope this helps someone!

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1niner View Post
      Heres a picture of mine; Joseph Mallozzi & Michael Shanks.
      Haha, I got the same two and in the same configuration!
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Has any one else purchased a book or added to their signatures? I got Morena Baccarin to sign mine.

Comment

Hey, I just got on of the books for my birthday and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on keeping it protected since its just a paperback. I could just keep it in the box, but I wanted to take it with me to the Burbank convention in Nov., and I don't want it to get messed up.
          Last edited by Crystalyte; 01 October 2007, 08:24 PM.
          *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me!

Comment

I had Jay Acovone, Cliff Simon and Michael Shanks sign my book at the NJ con last week.
            A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by Crystalyte View Post
              Hey, I just got on of the books for my birthday and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on keeping it protected since its just a paperback. I could just keep it in the box, but I wanted to take it with me to the Burbank convention in Nov., and I don't want it to get messed up.
              I just put my book in a plastic shopping bag before putting it in my backpack to minimze damage to the covers.
              A Symbiote

Comment

i've bene wondering ....will the price of this book go down as time goes on?????

is $200 MGM's decision
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's possible that the price may drop (or go on sale temporarily) at some point. It's up to Stargate Productions and GW, mainly the former!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I am glad that there was some STARGATE : A Celebration of 10 Years books left, as I bought one (along with the AoT & Continuum movie soundtracks) yesterday (hurray for VISA/PayPal! ) - can't wait to get it & find out whom signed it & have a look @ all that Stargae-y goodness! *squee*

Comment

Got my book today, along SG: Continuum Cd. The book is signed by Amanda Tapping & Brad Wright; absolutely love it!

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                        Got my book today, along SG: Continuum Cd. The book is signed by Amanda Tapping & Brad Wright; absolutely love it!
                        Lucky you

(Those sigs. would make my dreams come through! The most ultimate sigs. you could hope for!)

Comment

Just found this thread. LOL.

I got the sigs of Chris Judge and Joseph Mallozzi. Since getting the book, I've had Michael Shanks, Alexis Cruz, and Tony Amendola sign it. I could've had Ben Browder sign it too, but I decided to have him sign my photo op instead.
                          ~Melanie

sigpic

Comment

Any one still getting autographs in their book?

Comment

Just got my book this morning, and totally made my crappy month of May a whole lot better.

Mine was signed by Michael Shanks and Robert Cooper. I'll edit with a photo later once my toddler goes to bed and stops threatening my book

Comment

Got my book today and love it - BUT -
                                only just found this thread or I may have been forewarned.
                                Having shelled out roughly the equivalent of a week's wages, plus p&p plus being stung 35.38 GBS for customs and handling charges, I was very disappointed not to be able to recognise the autographs. For that sort of money, surely somebody could have been employed to 'subtitle' the autographs to let us know who they were?

Comment

Working...
                                X