Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't find it anywhere around here (Columbus, OH)...went to Best Buy and Wal-Mart, neither one had it. Wal-Mart only had season 1 (!?), Best Buy had everything but seasons 5 and 9, and there was a blank spot next to season 8, so I assume they were just sold out. I didn't feel like going over to the mall to look, so I just ordered it from amazon.

Comment

My Target didn't have it either, so I just ordered it from Amazon. Don't know if Target was sold out, or didn't bother to stock it at all. Maybe they just didn't realize us "rednecks" like science fiction too.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
        My Target didn't have it either, so I just ordered it from Amazon. Don't know if Target was sold out, or didn't bother to stock it at all. Maybe they just didn't realize us "rednecks" like science fiction too.

My local Walmart was carrying S9, but not at Target.

Comment

I was at Sam's Club last weekend. They had the slimline versions of seasons one through eight, but not a season nine to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenonn View Post
            I was at Sam's Club last weekend. They had the slimline versions of seasons one through eight, but not a season nine to be found.
            Hmm..strange. In my experience stores like that have the DVDs out for sale on the release date.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
              My local Walmart was carrying S9, but not at Target.
              I got mine at Walmart as well; was going to get it at Best Buy but since I was driving right past Walmart - either got their only copy or last copy.

Comment

None of stores in my town had season nine either! I finally had to go to borders to get it. but at least I own it now!
                Yay!

Comment

As an update, Billboard's top 10 is posted:

http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/ch...=Top+DVD+Sales

While BSG made the top 10 last week, Sg-1 failed to do so this week.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                    As an update, Billboard's top 10 is posted:

http://billboard.com/bbcom/charts/ch...=Top+DVD+Sales

While BSG made the top 10 last week, Sg-1 failed to do so this week.
                    If the retailers aren't carrying it (obviously Target is not), then who can buy it? I had to order from Amazon because I couldn't find Season 9 in stores anywhere in my area.

BTW, at Amazon, it is #18, and BSG is #16.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Acourding to The Numbers
                      in THIS article about the new sales Stargate SG-1 Season 9 leads the TV DVD sales last week :

Over on the TV on DVD sales chart, Stargate SG-1 - Season 9 was the winner this week. Meanwhile, Lost - The Complete Second Season rose a spot to second place. South Park - The Hits - Volume 1 - Matt and Trey's Top Ten opened in third place while Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Second Season - Uncut fell from first to fourth. Battlestar Galactica - Season 2.5 didn't have nearly as sharp a tumble as it slipped one spot to fifth.

Take a look at the article at the bottom of the page for this kind of news.
                      sigpic
                      Freedom for the Bulgarian medics in Lybia

Comment

don't know, it wasnt the most popular season but every stargate fan who gets the boxes will get it, i already got it !, it came out in aus like a month before america lol, GO AUSTRALIA
                        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Lenonn View Post
                          Sam's Club, BJ's Wholesale Club and Costco will only buy the very popular DVD releases, thoses club type stores are cutting back on what DVD and Music Cd's they buy, they are not selling enough to make it profitable for them to do so. ( I work at one, and that is the reason I get when I ask the buyer for our chain)

Comment

I have seasons 1-8 but im really hesitant about buying season 9.

Comment

As a note, I also got the impression a lot fo stores weren't ready for it - as I was in the US when it was released and looked for a copy - I didn't find any neither in Virgin nor Tower Records (both were pretty big stores and by the shelves it never was there, not sold out) - and only in Barnes & Noble did I find the season 9 DVDs.
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by APOPHIStheGREAT View Post
                                I have seasons 1-8 but im really hesitant about buying season 9.
                                Why? Season 9 is really great, much better than majority of previous seasons. At least, IMHO.
                                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                                X