Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviews: Stargate SG-1 Season 9 DVD set (US)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mycenia
    Does anyone know if they are going to release a 5-case gift set? Or perhaps they did and amazon just sent me the slimline one? All eigth of my other seasons are gift set edition. I'd like to have it match
    As far as anyone knows, there will be no more large boxsets. They're in the process of switching over all the old ones to slim-line too.

I know, it sucks. At first, I was really happy with the news about the slim-line cases. There's enough of a creative difference between classic SG-1 and Season 9-on SG-1 that I thought it would be just fine to have 8 big boxes and say 5 slim ones for the "new" show. But now that Season 10 is going to be the last, it's going to look damn stupid having 8 and 2.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
      As far as anyone knows, there will be no more large boxsets. They're in the process of switching over all the old ones to slim-line too.

I know, it sucks. At first, I was really happy with the news about the slim-line cases. There's enough of a creative difference between classic SG-1 and Season 9-on SG-1 that I thought it would be just fine to have 8 big boxes and say 5 slim ones for the "new" show. But now that Season 10 is going to be the last, it's going to look damn stupid having 8 and 2.
      Yeah, they should have finished off the seasons with both vesions.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
        Yeah, they should have finished off the seasons with both vesions.

Agreed. I guess I should just be happy about having them at all, but you're talking to the person who bought a second season 7 set when my bonus SGA disc tore the slipcase cover...

Comment

http://www.ugo.com/channels/DVD/arti...rticleID=20351

STARGATE SG-1: THE COMPLETE NINTH SEASON DVD REVIEW
          After another last-minute reprieve from the cancellation axe, the Stargate: SG-1 gang came back for a ninth season with a new look, mostly courtesy of a new fearless leader and the disappearance of Richard Dean Anderson and Don S. Davis. To make up for losing Anderson and Davis, Stargate SG-1 teleported in Ben Browder from Farscape and Beau Bridges. Would this change be the beginning of the end? Well, considering the axe fell two seasons later, probably yes, but there are still some highlights of the final arc of Stargate SG-1, including a few episodes that hardcore fans love. Now the ninth season hits DVD shelves with the typical fantastic collection of bonus features, enough to dry the tears of Stargate fans still lamenting the news of their favorite show's demise

More at link above

Comment

DVDFile's review was less than glowing... But what do they know. Sounds to me like they only watched a couple of eps (and one or two commentaries) and based their opinion on the entire season on that impression. I mean, they have all the obligatory MacGuver references in the review, yet they don't even mention that RDA wasn't in this season. I'm guessing they didn't even notice.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I'm not sure am I the first one who will post this news, so let me excuse if I'm not the first one.

Over on the TV on DVD sales chart, Stargate SG-1 - Season 9 was the winner this week. Meanwhile, Lost - The Complete Second Season rose a spot to second place. South Park - The Hits - Volume 1 - Matt and Trey's Top Ten opened in third place while Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Second Season - Uncut fell from first to fourth. Battlestar Galactica - Season 2.5 didn't have nearly as sharp a tumble as it slipped one spot to fifth.

The source is an article about X-Men sales from this location The Number News (at the bottom of the page).
              sigpic
              Freedom for the Bulgarian medics in Lybia

Comment

Working...
              X