Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've signed up, but I haven't even started to get my page together. It was late last night when I joined, and I didn't have the mental energy to work on my profile.
    C-D
    Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Well, I've joined as Delta666, which I decided I liked better than DeltaFlyer.

My profile's dead boring at the mo, using the default layout til I can work out how to 'flash' it up a bit, Actually advice anyone....please.

Does it pick up piccies from your PC, or do you have to put them in photobucket or similar? How does one make the SaveSG1 badge not appear over the top of ones text? I've tried picking it up and moving it but to no avail, sadly I'm in the wrong generation to be slick with the things that you young'uns use these day. I mean, 'widget' ***sigh*** I guess I'll learn, so be patient with me, I can do a mean mailmerge in word for what it's worth

Comment

there is a big thread about this in GD, i think it should be merged, also i was a beta so have been getting my profile sorted obver the last few days its really cool, i failed at myspace but for some reason my profile actually look cool!
        The link is in my Sig
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I'm going to jazz up my profile soon, promise!

As for contributing to fandom...I have over 25 unfinished stories at ff.net!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm still trying to work out the kinks on mine, I'll try to friend as many of you as I can in the mean time.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
              Well, I've joined as Delta666, which I decided I liked better than DeltaFlyer.

My profile's dead boring at the mo, using the default layout til I can work out how to 'flash' it up a bit, Actually advice anyone....please.

Does it pick up piccies from your PC, or do you have to put them in photobucket or similar? How does one make the SaveSG1 badge not appear over the top of ones text? I've tried picking it up and moving it but to no avail, sadly I'm in the wrong generation to be slick with the things that you young'uns use these day. I mean, 'widget' ***sigh*** I guess I'll learn, so be patient with me, I can do a mean mailmerge in word for what it's worth
              first dont use the defualt thing, its really boring, yes it does let you have pics and movies and everything from your PC, start with a blank apge, just click "clear page" and get rid of everything if your on default, then add in what bits you want. they are called wiggits, it you want friends, slideshows, text boxes, comment boxes, Mini Tv stations you just 'add it' it will then bring up a window where you cna customise it, save your wiggit then it will refresh your page and then you can move it around and things from the main page.
              Now if you really want to jazz it up then you will really want a background, and luckily i discovered how to put one in
              Put a picture wiggit in, then when you get to the propperties popup box, edit the size so its 1024 wide and 800 high, set the background as whatver you like that fits in with the image you upload as the picture and it will expand it all. Save. Then when you get to your profile, move over it and bring up the 7 little box things and find the one that says move to back. do it, refresh and hey presto you have a background which you can then put all of your other bits and bobs around.

Hope that helps, take a look at my profile for an example
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                first dont use the defualt thing, its really boring, yes it does let you have pics and movies and everything from your PC, start with a blank apge, just click "clear page" and get rid of everything if your on default, then add in what bits you want. they are called wiggits, it you want friends, slideshows, text boxes, comment boxes, Mini Tv stations you just 'add it' it will then bring up a window where you cna customise it, save your wiggit then it will refresh your page and then you can move it around and things from the main page.
                Now if you really want to jazz it up then you will really want a background, and luckily i discovered how to put one in
                Put a picture wiggit in, then when you get to the propperties popup box, edit the size so its 1024 wide and 800 high, set the background as whatver you like that fits in with the image you upload as the picture and it will expand it all. Save. Then when you get to your profile, move over it and bring up the 7 little box things and find the one that says move to back. do it, refresh and hey presto you have a background which you can then put all of your other bits and bobs around.

Hope that helps, take a look at my profile for an example
                Thanks for that, I'm gonna get 'PhotoPainting' to make a cool background.

Comment

ill join later today
                  this is cool, 100% proff MGM is on OUR side not Sci-Fi's side.
                  the fact that they they have put a questionmark on season 11 shows they arent ready to drop the idea yet!
                  Also the video is really cool, using a Rock version of the Sg-1 theme
                  And Were the official forum of Stargate
                  Go GateWorld!!!
                  Hola

Hello

Comment

This is a MASSIVELY good sign that MGM wants SG-1 to live on and a very good indication of a Season 11 shown strictly online.

MGM seems to be one of the few companies willing to go the "next level" that and they realize the show still has strong support.

We WILL have a Season 11.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I really do agree, i think that MGM are going to make this "mystargatespace" the outlet for a S11, i think its a fantastic move for MGM, they have embraced the net and im 100% sure they will get hugged back. Im more exicted about an online series, a fully online stargate than anything. GW, MSS, GWF, TSW, online series on the table...this is a huge compliment to our comminuty, which is the largest online fanbase they have, theyve targeted us for this ( as evidence by the forum link to GWF) and im grateful.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

So what do you do with the personal webpages?

Comment

Make'em pretty?

Comment

Yes, I did see the new-look MGM website for STARGATE SG-1 (& I saw the pre-launch review @ STARGATE Project & e-mailed Darren about ASAP I heard so he could post here if he wanted! *lol*); I've been waiting for the freakin' site to go live (US time) so I can go have a look!!

*runs away to go look @ the new MGM STARGATE SG-1 website*

Comment

The site does look good. It's nice to see that MGM chose to do this, with the show being cancelled and all. Maybe there still is hope for Season 11 somehow.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You should be able to put loads of different backgrounds on like MySpace.

Comment

Working...
                                X