This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freekzilla
    I think what's gotten peoples knickers in a bunch are that, Callis comes off as a little offended that people think he's from Stargate. As if being thought of as Stargate is something to be offended about. Atleast, that's how I see it. I've see him on a few TV interviews and he does sound a little arrogant and wound a little too tight. If ya know what I mean. Unless he was staying in character for the interviews, which I doubt.
    But is he offended though?
    This is a written interview... It doesn't capture the tone or look of the interviewee. To judge what a person thinks based on two or three lines out of context is jumping the gun.

As for him being wound up in interviews... maybe he's just not that comfortable with interviews or perhaps it's his wry British sense of humour. Maybe he's just had one too many helpings of curries...

I don't think anything the BSG actors themselves said was anything offensive. Why wouldn't they say anything glowing about their show? It just tells me that they believe in what they're doing, which is a plus for me. I'm an Atlantis fan and I don't even think the "inferior" comment by the author of the article was offensive. It's just some one's very personal opinion.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Okay, I read the whole article and I didn't see anyone from BSG directly take a stab at Stargate. People are mistakenly assuming the writer's words are Callis's or making assumptions about what Callis really meant.

BSG is not Stargate and it never will be. Thank goodness for that!

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG
        For me the context or general message of the entire article is what I had a problem with. The article termed BSG as "one of television's very best dramas" and that fact that it is in the sci fi genre turns people off from watching it. Now BSG may be a great drama and I am sure that people are turned from watching it because it is termed sci fi, but within the article there were things the author said - and how he said it - to justify this that just put me off.

<snip>

I don't blame BSG for Stargate being cancelled, or Stargate being considered a lighter show, but I do have trouble with how the writer of the article chose to deliver his message. But this is just my take/ my opinion of the article. There are many different ways to view this article and I resoect everyone's POV.
        Now, that I could agree with... Personally, I'm not all that offended by the article... as I've said before, it's just one person's opinion. Obviously he thinks BSG is the bees knees but as grown ups I'm sure we can challenge his position rationally without turning the forum upside down.

However, if there's anyone that could be taken to task about the so-called snob factor of the article, it would definitely be the way the author has manipulated the supporting information.
        Honestly, the actors are just mouthpieces for the article. Perhaps the writer could be accused of being irresponsible in the way he's used the snippets of interviews. I've heard many of the actors' comments before about how much they love the show and the new direction of this show. Nothing wrong about a bit of love and honesty on their part IMO. If they didn't like the show, they wouldn't be on it.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Well frack whoever wrote that.

Frack them for their insecurities about their fracking selves and the fracking show they're supporting.

That's their opinion, as lowly and shallow as it may be, and their entitled to it...
          But there's more people supporting Stargate then there are trying to bash it. So frack them.

And frack, because I have to use frack as a substitute and frack is from their fracking show.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
            Well frack whoever wrote that.

Frack them for their insecurities about their fracking selves and the fracking show they're supporting.

That's their opinion, as lowly and shallow as it may be, and their entitled to it...
            But there's more people supporting Stargate then there are trying to bash it. So frack them.

And frack, because I have to use frack as a substitute and frack is from their fracking show.
            Except frack is spelled "frak".

Also, it wasn't Callis that said Stargate was inferior. That was the author. The writer voiced his opinion, but it was written in such a way as people thought Callis was the one who said it.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              True, but you'd expect some respect for the genre that gave them their footing in the first place.
              I don't know how much footing Forbes really got out of TNG. She was in 9 episodes total, quit at the end of the '92 season and came back for one more 2 seasons later.

Her character became something of a cult fan-favorite but that was more after the fact and still represents a rather small demographic (Trek fans) who would recognise her. Most of her imdb resume reads with indie movies, dramatic shows/movies with the occasional unusual project thrown in.

Olmos' resume is freakin' gigantic and doesn't seem to include any sci-fi other than Blade Runner which hardly gave him his start in anything. He was in it for like 30 seconds from what I remember.

Comment

Personally I have never liked, nor watched BSG - the original series, nor the remake (both the mini-seires OR the current series) -& for a Sci-fi show/actor to slam another show/actor, etc in the genre shows just how narrow-minded, egotisitical & stupid people can be.

People are entitled to their opinions, but here's hoping at lest some of the people in the industry know how to think before opening their mouth's!

So much for respect & support in the industry. . .

Comment

Originally posted by themeangel
                  "Moving to fall isn't going to hurt,' insists Sci Fi president Bonnie Hammer. 'With the right product, we can go toe-to-toe during network season. And we truly believe Battlestar Galactica can do it.'"
                  Haha...I really hope that comes back to bite them in their arrogant a**es.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I'm a huge fan of both shows, but if it comes down to it, I'll side with gate

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87
                      I'm a huge fan of both shows, but if it comes down to it, I'll side with gate
                      Well said! I was really into the first season of BSG but lost interest during season two. If I had to pick, I would pick the gate as well.

Comment

These shows are kind of in competition with each other, a little bit of ire should be expected guys. I mean Stargate has even had subtle gags on BSG written IN THE ACTUAL EPISODES.

BSG is a new show that's come onto the scene with the stated objective of "re-inventing the genre and not making the same mistakes as other sci-fi shows have in the past". Stargate is an established show that does exactly the kind of things Moore despises about the genre. It's the kind of show he's describing with a quote like that.

Whatever side you support some degree of conflict would seem inevitable. You could even say it's healthy as it will force both shows to improve or avoid slipping in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                          These shows are kind of in competition with each other, a little bit of ire should be expected guys. I mean Stargate has even had subtle gags on BSG written IN THE ACTUAL EPISODES.
                          Really? Like what?

Not trying to start an argument or anything, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            Really? Like what?

Not trying to start an argument or anything, just curious.
                            Yeah, I'm kind of curious about examples of that as well.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                              Haha...I really hope that comes back to bite them in their arrogant a**es.
                              While I love BSG, don't get me wrong, I hope it comes back to bite Sci-Fi as well. They never should have broken up the Sci-Fi Friday of SG-1, SGA, and BSG.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                While I love BSG, don't get me wrong, I hope it comes back to bite Sci-Fi as well. They never should have broken up the Sci-Fi Friday of SG-1, SGA, and BSG.
                                Oh I agree. I love all three shows but after their treatment of SG-1, I hope this bites them in their Mickta!
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X