This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefchucky
    which reminds me- TPTB took Jonas off because they wanted to have the team end in relativley the same state they started in (meaning that thay wanted the original four on SG-1)

SPOILERS ALL OF SEASON 8
    But now O'Niell is off the team and is General so now they won't be able to finish out the show with the original four on the team so y not bring Jonas back as a subordinate to Colonel Carter?
    Because TPTB don't want to, they think that Daniel and Jonas are too similar to both be regulars.
    Rocky

Comment

I've always thought it was a money thing, like what MS said at a convention a year or so back, not sure.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Ratings are in for SG1's "Lockdown" and SGA's "Hide and Seek":

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Top TEN SciFi Channel Shows

SHOW-----------------------HHR

Stargate Atlantis----------2.5 - "Hide and Seek"
        Stargate SG-1--------------2.0 - "Lockdown"
        Bone Snatcher--------------1.5
        Tremors 4------------------1.3
        Sasquatch------------------1.3
        Dragon Fighter-------------1.3
        Deadly Swarm---------------1.0
        They Crawl-----------------1.0
        Tremors 3------------------1.0
        Monster--------------------1.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/19/04 - 7/25/04.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
        http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
        http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the info Morjana. Stargate is still definitly leading the pack!
          Rocky

Comment

2.5... pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
              Well, golly gee, Elyse, I watch the series for the entertainment as well.

The only reason I **started** posting the ratings, is that the SDJ and their cronies began predicting the bad ratings for Stargate once Michael Shanks left the series.

That never happened. Season Six was a success. It was a success on the SciFi Channel, and it was a success in Syndication.

Morjana
              Golly gee, Morjana, you've been copying ratings (and anything else) for ages. You might also want to stop wasting bandwidth and get over the SDJ stuff. It's old news, and nobody wants to hear about it anymore.

Comment

What's your problem prion?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  What's your problem prion?
                  It's not my problem.

Ratings are ratings. For myself, they're okay to look at it. For the networks, it's how to determine advertising dollars and if the show goes on. But other factors can keep a crappily rated show running for ages and kill off shows with good ratings. CBS has a good track record of that.

I don't watch any show because the ratings are good. heck, I'm already seeing in this fandom fans who are griping over whose ratings are better -SGA or SG1 - and that sucks the fun out of the fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    heck, I'm already seeing in this fandom fans who are griping over whose ratings are better -SGA or SG1 - and that sucks the fun out of the fandom.
                    Really? Haven't seen the griping and I can't imagine why there *would* be griping. Both shows are doing very well in the ratings. SG-1 has had a very good start to the season and I'm fairly impressed with Atlantis so far and think it has a lot of potential.

I'm not surprised Atlantis is beating SG-1 at this point - it had a tremendous boost out of the box with the publicity and high ratings for the premiere and I've read a lot of comments from scifi fans who felt they came to the party too late for SG-1 but are checking out Atlantis. Don't know how the ratings for both series will hold up over the whole season but it will be interesting to watch.

I just hope they both can continue to churn out quality episodes.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                      Really? Haven't seen the griping and I can't imagine why there *would* be griping. Both shows are doing very well in the ratings. SG-1 has had a very good start to the season and I'm fairly impressed with Atlantis so far and think it has a lot of potential.

I'm not surprised Atlantis is beating SG-1 at this point - it had a tremendous boost out of the box with the publicity and high ratings for the premiere and I've read a lot of comments from scifi fans who felt they came to the party too late for SG-1 but are checking out Atlantis. Don't know how the ratings for both series will hold up over the whole season but it will be interesting to watch.

I just hope they both can continue to churn out quality episodes.
                      Wow, you're lucky! You've missed all the animosity over ratings

Sci-Fi did a lot of advertising for Atlantis, so helped get in the intiial audience (besides the fact that it runs right after SG1), so I didn't doubt it would do well on the opening, but for a 10pm show, it's doing good (trying to remember other 10pm shows on Scifi....euuuu, Scare Tactics, Tripping the Rift, yech). I enjoy both shows, although right now am more fascinated with SGA as it is new and well, it's been more exciting.

Missed the posts from late-comer SG fans but with SciFi repeating it an naseum throughout the week, I think you can catch up within a month. Less, if buy all the DVDs (which are nicely priced cheaper than most shows that come out on DVD).

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        Golly gee, Morjana, you've been copying ratings (and anything else) for ages. You might also want to stop wasting bandwidth and get over the SDJ stuff. It's old news, and nobody wants to hear about it anymore.
                        Hey don't criticize Morjana she is the best reporter of news on this and many other boards not to mention that Darren probably gets a majority of his news from her talented web surfing abilities! And its perfectly fine for her to not like SDJ. Hell I still flip the tv off when ever I see a Showtime add.

Thx Morjana for the news

Comment

This thread was supposed to be for ratings. It's legitimate to be interested in ratings, and equally legitimate to say that you don't care for ratings. No one should be sniped at for either.

Having failed to spot a single rating of any sort... this is now an ex-thread.

ETA - I've just been alerted to the post that had the ratings info in it. Still, it'd be nice to see it in a thread that is for discussing ratings more amicably. Morjana, I'm sure everyone would be happy to see the info in a new thread of its own.
                          Last edited by Madeleine; 09 August 2004, 09:05 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                          X