X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...s_future.shtml

In this article sci fi confirms that MGM is prohibited from doing a S11 on another Tv station in the US.
    You are right it does. Thanks for the link.

It also says Scifi would be interested in Season 11 if they could license the rights from MGM for less.

Who knows, this could all be part of their negotiating tactics. Cancel the show. Say you won't allow other networks to do the show. Wait for very vocal fans to start a Save Stargate campaign. Then use these things to try to negotiate a cheaper licensing fee from MGM for Season 11.

If so, that would be sweet.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve017
      Who knows, this could all be part of their negotiating tactics. Cancel the show. Say you won't allow other networks to do the show. Wait for very vocal fans to start a Save Stargate campaign. Then use these things to try to negotiate a cheaper licensing fee from MGM for Season 11.
      Tricky b@5tards!!!

But if Sci Fi doesn't get Stargate back, that would mean the end of Sci Fi... SGA can only carry Sci Fi for so long..... And who really watches the movies Sci Fi makes?

Yay! My 300th post.... sweet!!!
      There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

Originally posted by infra172
        I'll wager that SG-1 is going to get an 11th season and that it'll be distributed on the internet. Anybody want to take that bet?
        I'll take it, what do you suggest because I can promise you that it would not be solely distributed on the internet.

As to the original post, that's not really proof. Solely because everyone really knew they wouldn't end it on S10. They couldn't most of the eps were filmed before Sci-Fi announced that they were canning it. That only left them something like 3 eps to kill off the Ori...Never going to happen.

It'll be announced after the mid-season 2 parter airs (or just before xmas) that they'll be doing a 4 part mini-series to end it. However because it's such a money spinner, I'm willing to bet that they'll also do at least 1 direct to dvd movie at some point down the line.

MGM can't lose out of this, SG-1 gets cancelled. They move on to the sequel to the original Stargate movie that they've been humming up with Dean Devlin & the original cast. All the gutted SG-1 fans will surely goto see it in the cinema, which makes MGM more money at the box office.

Comment

silly silly humans

dont you understand that

1. the us of a while its a nice place to live is not where sg1 is filmed
          2. canada has a version of sci fi as well
          3. i have satellite tv and just because they dont show it here in USA, is not
          the end of my options for viewing
          4. the WWW has no particular reason to care where it goes, borders mean nothing as do legal contracts with MGM in the states.

5. its all a ploy to beat the price down, they will renew it at the 11th hour and call it a victory for the fans.

Comment

I think Sci-fi had a deal that said Stargate SG-1 couldn't air any NEW episodes except on Sci-fi

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
              I think Sci-fi had a deal that said Stargate SG-1 couldn't air any NEW episodes except on Sci-fi
              In that US that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                MGM can't lose out of this, SG-1 gets cancelled. They move on to the sequel to the original Stargate movie that they've been humming up with Dean Devlin & the original cast. All the gutted SG-1 fans will surely goto see it in the cinema, which makes MGM more money at the box office.

That particular movie will never be made...any movie will involve the SG1 cast...

Comment

Actually, there's been lots of buzz as of late (including from Devlin himself) that filming might begin on the 2 sequel movies to the original. Devlin said something about how he'd always intended for the 2nd flick to take place roughly 12 years after the original, and since Russell and Spader have both aged naturally (and have apparently professed interest in reprising their roles), now's as good a time as any to resume the project, provided he gets enough funding for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
                    Actually, there's been lots of buzz as of late (including from Devlin himself) that filming might begin on the 2 sequel movies to the original. Devlin said something about how he'd always intended for the 2nd flick to take place roughly 12 years after the original, and since Russell and Spader have both aged naturally (and have apparently professed interest in reprising their roles), now's as good a time as any to resume the project, provided he gets enough funding for it.
                    The only thing I've seen is Devlin promoting himself and the fact that he wants to do the sequel...care to provide a link to MGM saying anything?...

Comment

Originally posted by JAFFA_CREEEEE
                      silly silly humans

dont you understand that

1. the us of a while its a nice place to live is not where sg1 is filmed
                      2. canada has a version of sci fi as well
                      3. i have satellite tv and just because they dont show it here in USA, is not
                      the end of my options for viewing
                      4. the WWW has no particular reason to care where it goes, borders mean nothing as do legal contracts with MGM in the states.

5. its all a ploy to beat the price down, they will renew it at the 11th hour and call it a victory for the fans.
                      #1. Although MGM owns it, Sci Fi is the one who is the primary customer and give the money to get it produced.

#2 It being filmed in canada has nothinng to do with it.

#3 The other counties that have less of an audience buy the rights to show the show after it is made for sc fi

In other words, no US showing means no stargate SG1

Comment

Working...
                      X